News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for InTheBathroom1

Member Name: InTheBathroom1
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Your Single Favorite 2024 Tony Nomination  May 1 2024, 11:03:05 AM

While it was widely predicted Sarah Pidgeon would get in, I was thrilled to see Juliana Canfield nominated as well. She gave an amazing performance and her scene with Sarah near the end was a highlight in a show filled with highlights. 

Albums that should be made into Musicals  Apr 27 2024, 11:11:30 AM

for some recent additions:

SOUR by Olivia Rodrigo

Golden Hour by Kacey Musgraves

folklore by Taylor Swift

What’s Your Favorite Song From the 23-24 Season  Apr 27 2024, 10:27:40 AM

“My Days” from The Notebook

“Bright” from Stereophonic

“The Only One” from Walk On Through

HELL'S KITCHEN Reviews  Apr 21 2024, 12:59:38 AM

Really puzzling to me how so many of the reviews mention them fixing the show since the Public run, but a week ago when I went, the show seemed virtually unchanged. 

Unless I missed something. Is it just me?

HELL'S KITCHEN Previews  Apr 18 2024, 04:16:20 PM

NotOnSugarMountain said: "And as a working musician, Ali’s dad has to hustle for work and travel to wherever the work is. It's a wonder he can show up as much as he does! At least a pilot or flight attendant who will be gone a lot on overnights has steady work. A working artist's life – as we all know – is ten times harder and more stressful."

Not you defending the deadbeat dad 😂

SUFFS Previews  Apr 14 2024, 10:31:02 AM

Saw this last night after not caring much for it at the public, but was really taken with it last night.  The whole thing felt much more focused than it was at the Public, which made the time fly by quickly. The material has a great forward momentum and urgency now.  

The physical production leaves much to be desire, especially the lighting, choreography, and direction.  I think the set might look better if the lighting design were better.  Leigh Silverman’s d

SUFFS Previews  Apr 4 2024, 10:05:38 AM

I was thinking about this yesterday after seeing Suffs and The Outsiders, two musicals with great substance and score, two fantastic stories, both lacking adequatestage sets.

What an insane thing to say about The Outsiders set which I think is incredibly beautiful and effective set  Just because it is mostly a single set does not mean the set is lacking. 

THE HEART OF ROCK AND ROLL Previews  Mar 30 2024, 08:07:36 AM

I had very low expectations going into this last night but ended up having a really good time. It’s nothing new or groundbreaking and it knows that. This is a musical that is unabashedly what it is and not apologizing for it. If you have any nostalgia for the 80s or Huey Lewis music, you’re gonna enjoy yourself. I was surprised at how genuinely funny I thought this was. Some cringey jokes of course, but I found myself belly laughing much more than expected. It loses some steam for

Creatives Taking Notes During Previews  Mar 24 2024, 11:04:37 PM

Now that preview season is in full swing, I was wondering what everyone’s opinions on creatives/production taking notes during the show and the etiquette regarding that. 

The past couple shows I’ve been to, I was seated behind members of the creative team who were taking notes using their phones or the light on their phones. While I understand notes need to be taken to improve the show, I can’t help but find it super distracting. Just wondering if anyone has any

THE NOTEBOOK Opening Night Critics’ Reviews  Mar 20 2024, 11:39:01 PM

the tissue boxes have been pulled from the merch stands. likely a response to all of the medium reviews mentioning/criticizing them. 

Jonah @ Roundabout  Mar 9 2024, 11:22:18 AM

Broadway Flash said: "Does anyone think this will transfer?"

I highly doubt it will transfer unless a major celebrity like Zendaya got attached.  But think this will have a robust life in the regional and collegiate circles.

Broadway Licensing - Sean Cercone/Ted Chapin  Mar 2 2024, 11:31:13 AM

Also, this happening a week after Broadway Licensing opened a London office is very interesting.

Itmar Moses' THE ALLY at the Public  Feb 22 2024, 10:36:56 AM

I saw this last night and thought it was quite good.  Really engaging throughout its 2 hr 45 min runtime.  It’s honestly an overwhelming experience and I felt quite exhausted by the end, but in a good way.  The production does not endorse any single viewpoint but presents all of the arguments in a way that makes you really sit and wrestle with the viewpoints.  My breath was held for nearly half of the show and it felt like the rest of the audience was right there wit

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/18/24  Feb 20 2024, 02:11:37 PM

Amazing start for The Notebook. Over a million for 7 performances. 

JAJA'S AFRICAN HAIR BRAIDING and THE DA VINCI CODE licensing rights acquired by Broadway Licensing Global  Feb 20 2024, 11:45:31 AM

The script for Jaja’s is published in the most recent issue of American Theatre for $14.99 I believe. If you’re looking to get your hands on it sooner and for cheaper. 

Taylor Schilling, Gabby Beans to star in world premiere of Kate Douglas’ THE APIARY at Second Stage  Feb 20 2024, 10:51:17 AM

raddersons said: "Jonah is really a much better showcase for Gabby’s talent than this play would have offered. I thought the concept for The Apiarywas interesting but it just didn’t stick the landing. Itfelt like it moved really fast but then when the emotional stakes were supposed to get raised at the end, I didn’t really feel that as an audience member."

Also, for purely practical reasons, Jonah has a longer run.  For a wor

Billie Eilish wants to write a musical  Feb 6 2024, 12:04:41 PM

Also, let’s not pretend like musical theatre writers are pumping out incredible scores these days. Most of the scores are middling at best. 

CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024  Jan 25 2024, 07:22:24 PM

Unfortunately, it appears that the code doesn’t do anything. I put in the code and the tickets and prices were identical. So not sure there’s discounting happening yet. 

PRAYER FOR THE FRENCH REPUBLIC Reviews  Jan 10 2024, 01:59:58 PM

Really agree with a lot of the reviews here.  Sara Holdren is always reliable for great criticism but I must say Jesse Green’s recent criticism has been incredibly thoughtful and well-expressed. 

This is certainly not a bad play, but at over 3 hours, I was hoping it would earn its runtime more.  I certainly think the traditional MTC audience will love this play and do well for them—this is already clear in comments on the reviews, Show-Score, etc. 

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 1/7/24  Jan 9 2024, 03:23:42 PM

Back down to earth after the stratospheric highs of last week. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You