News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for centerstage01

centerstage01 Profile Photo
Member Name: centerstage01
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

"The Women" at Old Globe-San Diego
 Sep 25 2008, 01:40:32 AM
Has anyone had the chance to see this production yet? I've been looking for online reviews, but have only found one. I'm interested in what others have to say. Thanks!
re: Who else watches 1776 every year?
 Jul 3 2006, 08:04:47 PM
I have the movie, but I never seem to have time to watch it, so I just listen to the cast recording in my car.
re: Will you buy a LESTAT CD?
 May 27 2006, 12:34:51 AM
Yep...but only because Carolee is on it. Otherwise, I wouldn't bother.
re: Today's Birthdays 2/24
 Mar 17 2006, 12:22:11 AM
Re: Rupert Holmes and the musicals "Marty" and "Remember WENN", according to an XM Radio interview a few days ago, "Marty" is still coming to Broadway (not sure of an exact date yet, but the producers still want to get it there). "Remember WENN" is on indefinite hiatus.

(To be honest, I'm more concerned with someone getting WENN on DVD first. From what I hear, AMC is being a real pain in the @$$ about it.)

re: 'Amour' at Goodspeed Opera House
 Aug 26 2005, 10:48:44 PM
bump
re: 'Amour' At Goodspeed - I Recommend Going!
 Aug 15 2005, 12:11:04 AM
Cool! Thanks for the review, Milla.
"Amour" at Goodspeed Opera House
 Aug 13 2005, 07:30:15 PM
Anyone plan on seeing it? I'd love to hear a review of the show!

re: Carolee Carmello in Lestat!
 Aug 6 2005, 03:20:15 AM
I hope I get a chance to see it! Even more so, I hope she gets the opportunity to win a Tony finally!

re: Mamma Mia
 Aug 4 2005, 01:25:01 AM
I believe Carolee's last day in Mamma Mia is September 18. (I'll have to go back and check Playbill.com). Then she's going to do the musical "Lestat".

re: Broadway and Wicked ringtones
 May 29 2005, 09:27:35 PM
I've got Cingular for cell phone service and they've got pretty much every song from "Wicked" as a music ringtone. They've also got one or two from "Avenue Q" and I think a few from "Phantom". Be prepared to pay for them, though. They'll set you back $2.49 EACH.

re: Cast albums to purchase?
 May 16 2005, 11:13:55 PM
I love anything from Sondheim, so I've got almost all his shows, except for The Frogs, which I plan on getting eventually.

I have these:

tick, tick...BOOM!, Assassins, The Full Monty, A Chorus Line, Cabaret, Chicago, Into the Woods, Wicked, Producers, Aida, The Last 5 Years, Thoroughly Modern Millie, Parade, You're A Good Man Charlie Brown, Les Mis, Ragtime, Steel Pier, 1776, Kiss Me Kate, Phantom, A Little Night Music, Passion, john & jen, Company, Sweeney Todd, Merrily We

Cast albums to purchase?
 May 15 2005, 11:47:06 PM
I'm looking for new cast albums to buy and wonder what people think are the best ones to come out within the last few years? I'm planning on buying "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels", "Spamalot", "Light In The Piazza", and maybe "Spelling Bee". Which others would be recommended in your opinions?
re: Carolee Carmello appreciation thread!!!
 Apr 20 2005, 01:13:01 AM
I became a huge fan of Carolee's when she was on "Remember WENN" and on my first visit to NYC, she was in 'Kiss Me, Kate' and I told a friend that I HAD to go see that if I saw any show at all. Carolee so did not disappoint. Didn't get to meet her at the stage door because it was a matinee and she'd only been in the role a few weeks (she'd also just had her son a few months before) so she was resting and didn't come outside. I was a little bummed, but I was still giddy over seeing my very fir
re: Drood's Rupert Holmes' new book 'Swing'
 Apr 17 2005, 11:40:49 PM
I've read it, and it's *wonderful*. I've recommended it to everyone I know (and a few people I don't). It's funny, it's sad, it's mysterious...a full rollercoaster of emotions in this book. And as I knew nothing about the Golden Gate Exhibition in 1940, I learned something as well.

The big band music Rupert composed to go along with it is great, too. I've talked to some who like to listen to the CD while they're reading, just so they know what's being talked about when a song is me

re: Your favorite Composers
 Apr 10 2005, 07:45:09 PM
Rodgers and Hammerstein
Rodgers and Hart
Stephen Sondheim
Irving Berlin
George Gershwin
Cole Porter
John Kander
Fred Ebb
Comden and Green
Rupert Holmes
Lucy Simon
David Yazbeck

re: Clay Aiken and Kristin Chenowith star in Rapunzel
 Apr 10 2005, 07:36:35 PM
I like Kristin and I like Clay. I think they both have beautiful voices and can see why Disney would want their talents in one of their productions. Can't wait to hear it!

re: Hottest Women of Bway
 Feb 20 2005, 07:18:47 PM
Carolee Carmello!
New Rupert Holmes project
 Feb 17 2005, 02:50:04 PM
An online short-format sitcom called "Art In Heaven". Starring Kevin O'Rourke, Christopher Murney, Matthew Arkin, and Maddie Corman. Rupert wrote the script and the intro music.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You