Broadway and Wicked ringtones

minimel8817 Profile Photo
minimel8817
#0Broadway and Wicked ringtones
Posted: 5/29/05 at 11:37am

Okay guys, so i'm sure there are other threads about this, but i thought i'd post so i can get direct info. I have a samsung phone for Verizon wireless and i'm looking for Broadway, particulary Wicked ringtones. I have a RENT one from modtones, but they have no Wicked, i really want "defying gravity". I dont mind paying like $1 or $2, but i need a tone off of a reliable site. I dont have internet on my phone, so i'll haveta do it online and i dont have a composer so i can't write my own tone with codes. Someone out there has gotta know a good site where i can download a Wicked tone to my phone...thanx

**Melanie**

ikmbway
#1re: Broadway and Wicked ringtones
Posted: 5/29/05 at 11:46am

I have Defying Gravity on my samsung sprint phone that I just got from the ringers available on the internet on my phone. It's not hte best ringer and it was 2.50 and it expires so its kinda weird. Don't think this helped much but did you try the ones for your phone on the ones they give you at Verizon?

minimel8817
#2re: Broadway and Wicked ringtones
Posted: 5/29/05 at 12:26pm

i'm not quite sure what you mean? I've tried verizon's site and i cant actually find a place where they offer ringtones. they ahve built in programs on something called "get it now" where u can order ringtones, like off modtones or something, but on defying gravity or wicked there, i could only find one rent one.

TheGaIsSilent Profile Photo
TheGaIsSilent
#3re: Broadway and Wicked ringtones
Posted: 5/29/05 at 12:29pm

I have Q and RENT on my Verizon Kyrocera

JOHN LITHGOW I just realized, your last name is Butz! Both "Norbert" AND "Butz" are in your name! You must have gotten picked on a lot as a child!

minimel8817
#4re: Broadway and Wicked ringtones
Posted: 5/29/05 at 12:48pm

yea, but where did u get them? from get it now? or a site?

Parks
#5re: Broadway and Wicked ringtones
Posted: 5/29/05 at 12:49pm

This does not help...but on my old phone (my Sidekick) I got a developer's account and created my own ringtone-Defying Gravity. It starts at "Tell them how I am defying gravity" and it's at "And soon I'll match them in renown." Then I sent my phone in for an exchange-and when you get a new phone, your developer's account is deleted and your ringtones/applications from your phone are supposed to be deleted...but Defying Gravity stayed, so I've used it for about 8 months now (on and off of course-sometimes I get really sick of it) but everyone recognizes it. It's nice being the only kid on the block with a Wicked Ringtone :-p this is what I get for being a computer nerd.

"If it walks like a Parks, if it wobbles like a Parks, then it's definitely fat and nobody loves it." --MA

IdreamofRENT
#6re: Broadway and Wicked ringtones
Posted: 5/29/05 at 1:03pm

anyone know how to get wicked ringtones for a samsung att/cingular phone?? :)

thetheatrekook Profile Photo
thetheatrekook
#7re: Broadway and Wicked ringtones
Posted: 5/29/05 at 2:35pm

i know there are several wicked ringtones available for cingular..i have one...it's the music tones...not the polyphonic or whatever...they're ripped from the obcr...but they picked random parts of the songs...some are under movies (i think?) and for some odd reason some of them (like dancing through life) are under gospel.

www.kickfornick.com

BwayTheatre11
#8re: Broadway and Wicked ringtones
Posted: 5/29/05 at 2:38pm

Is Wicked not Broadway? LOL.

CCM '10!

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
#9re: Broadway and Wicked ringtones
Posted: 5/29/05 at 2:41pm

There is nothing for my Verizon LG...HATE IT!

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#10re: Broadway and Wicked ringtones
Posted: 5/29/05 at 3:10pm

I have been searching for years now for "There's No Business Like Show Business" but can't find it (I think that is MAJOR odd) so if anyone knows where I can find that, I would be your friend for at least a week!

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

TheatreGrl Profile Photo
TheatreGrl
#11re: Broadway and Wicked ringtones
Posted: 5/29/05 at 3:44pm

There is a REALLY cool website called www.ringtoneripper.com...solves all those ringtone problems =) and its only (i think) $11/yr

minimel8817
#12re: Broadway and Wicked ringtones
Posted: 5/29/05 at 5:13pm

thanks for everyone's help, but im still not finding what i want. I'm really looking for a site where i can just have like Defying Gravity sent right to me phone, i'm not very good with anything else. I guess i'll just haveta wait until they put in on like modtones or something.

bundy5000 Profile Photo
bundy5000
#13re: Broadway and Wicked ringtones
Posted: 5/29/05 at 5:22pm

You can IF your phone supports mp3 music get a Data Cable, which run about 40 bucks. Use that the Data Cable software and you can add and delete all Ringtones and Wallpaper. For FREE just obtain your Data cable and software.and if you wanted the MIDI file of it there are probly a gazillion results. By The Way if this havent been mentioned, Virgin Mobile has ALOT of Ringtones from Wicked.

Herbie: "Honey, Don't you know there's a depression?"
Rose: "Of Course I know, I Watch Fox News"
-(modified)Gypsy
Broadway Schedule
December 5th- Hamilton, On Your Feet
December 19th- Noises Off, Edith Piaf Concert at Town Hall

centerstage01 Profile Photo
centerstage01
#14re: Broadway and Wicked ringtones
Posted: 5/29/05 at 9:27pm

I've got Cingular for cell phone service and they've got pretty much every song from "Wicked" as a music ringtone. They've also got one or two from "Avenue Q" and I think a few from "Phantom". Be prepared to pay for them, though. They'll set you back $2.49 EACH.

"What might have been/can live again/I'll meet you then/if you'll remember when...." --Rupert Holmes

stylinbohemian
#15re: Broadway and Wicked ringtones
Posted: 5/29/05 at 9:38pm

I got my bway ringtones off of cingular they're great!

"If There's One Thing to Learn it's You Just Can't Go Wrong If You Follow Your Heart, and End With A Song"

jasonf Profile Photo
jasonf
#16re: Broadway and Wicked ringtones
Posted: 5/30/05 at 12:46am

I just tried downloading ringtoneripper -- which is fine, but the service it goes through -- planetringtone -- doesn't support Verizon. The ringtones on "get it now" on there are kind of lame - though I did buy the Rent ones. Anybody with Verizon find a way to get some good tones - even if it's ripping them from a CD?

Hi, Shirley Temple Pudding.

StephanietheStar Profile Photo
StephanietheStar
#17re: Broadway and Wicked ringtones
Posted: 5/30/05 at 12:48am

My verizon phone has a thing called TrackMagnet and it has some REAL tones of Avenue Q, Fiddler, Phantom and some others...I need to check again but I'm holding out for Wicked!

and all that I could do because of you was talk of love...

StephanietheStar Profile Photo
StephanietheStar
#18re: Broadway and Wicked ringtones
Posted: 5/30/05 at 12:50am

AHh I just looked and on TrackMagnet now they have 3 Hairspray tunes, some Hair stuff, and the Producers! Wicked HAS to be on there soon!

and all that I could do because of you was talk of love...

admanrich Profile Photo
admanrich
#19WICKED RINGTONES FOR T-MOBILE
Posted: 6/4/05 at 9:15pm

http://www.zingy.com/xtLabels.php

Search for Kristin Chenoweth or Idina Menzel, not Wicked.

It's the same tones as for Cingular, but people who have T-Mobile can get them.

Sarah2
#20WICKED RINGTONES FOR T-MOBILE
Posted: 6/4/05 at 10:47pm

Sorry, this has nothing to do with the ringtones...Bwaytheatre11, in your icon picture who is that as elphaba?

admanrich Profile Photo
admanrich
#21WICKED RINGTONES FOR T-MOBILE
Posted: 6/4/05 at 10:59pm

I'm not Bwaytheatre11

It's Shoshana as Elphaba

Sarah2
#22WICKED RINGTONES FOR T-MOBILE
Posted: 6/4/05 at 11:08pm

Sorry, bwaytheatre11 did have a wicked icon but he/she changed it when i was posting or something

Sarah2
#24WICKED RINGTONES FOR T-MOBILE
Posted: 6/4/05 at 11:12pm

I just did a search of "idina menzel ringtones" and mtv.com has three, but they're just short clips of the songs from the cast recording (with singing), not like a normal ringtone, so they're kind of weird...also, i don't know what kind of phone they're for

admanrich Profile Photo
admanrich
#25WICKED RINGTONES FOR T-MOBILE
Posted: 6/5/05 at 12:54am

Yeah the ones I'm talking about were short clips from songs.

Videos