pixeltracker

Clay Aiken and Kristin Chenowith star in Rapunzel

Clay Aiken and Kristin Chenowith star in Rapunzel

cuetwome2
#0Clay Aiken and Kristin Chenowith star in Rapunzel
Posted: 4/9/05 at 6:34pm

Just posting that Clay Aiken and Kristin Chenowith will star as the lead voices in Rapunzel. Kristin will do both the speaking and singing and Clay is, so far, only slated for the singing, but he may be in talks to do the speaking role, too.

This was posted at various boards by Disney insiders for the fans.

#1re: Clay Aiken and Kristin Chenowith star in Rapunzel
Posted: 4/9/05 at 6:35pm

hope you're happy
I hope you're happy, too
I hope you're proud how you
Would grovel in submission
To feed your own ambition

cuetwome2
#2re: Clay Aiken and Kristin Chenowith star in Rapunzel
Posted: 4/9/05 at 6:36pm

Um...I don't get it...is that a song from Rapunzel?

Broadway_Bound_Star Profile Photo
Broadway_Bound_Star
#3re: Clay Aiken and Kristin Chenowith star in Rapunzel
Posted: 4/9/05 at 6:53pm

I don't like how clay sings..he didn't even win AMERICAn IDOL

RentBoy86
#4re: Clay Aiken and Kristin Chenowith star in Rapunzel
Posted: 4/9/05 at 7:54pm

no it's "defying gravity" from wicked, right?

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#6re: Clay Aiken and Kristin Chenowith star in Rapunzel
Posted: 4/9/05 at 8:01pm

B_B_S, do you like anything?

Anyway, I really like Clay's voice, but... how do we know this is true?

A work of art is an invitation to love.
Updated On: 4/9/05 at 08:01 PM

cuetwome2
#7re: Clay Aiken and Kristin Chenowith star in Rapunzel
Posted: 4/9/05 at 8:32pm

Someone who works for Disney is a Clay Aiken fan and posted it on the Chenowith board. They knew about Clay singing on the Aladdin video a year in advance. They also posted it on claytonaiken.com. They knew way too many details, like when Clay and Kristen recorded the songs together.

stonewall2
#8re: Clay Aiken and Kristin Chenowith star in Rapunzel
Posted: 4/9/05 at 8:33pm

I write for one of the bigger Disney Guidebooks and get a lot of the "inside" news earler that others, and yes, this information about Rapunzel has been "Put out there" by the Disney PR machine. It's been rumored for several months now and semms to be the "real thing". I wonder who's writing the music?

"I'm mad, you're mad. we're all mad"... The Cheshire Cat

Dreamcatcher Profile Photo
Dreamcatcher
#9re: Clay Aiken and Kristin Chenowith star in Rapunzel
Posted: 4/9/05 at 10:28pm

I actually don't mind Clay Aiken's voice that much. In fact, I think he has a pretty good voice and I don't think I need to say how much I love Cheno. :-P So yeah, I'm not a huge fan of the new disney movies but I certainly don't have a problem with the leads. re: Clay Aiken and Kristin Chenowith star in Rapunzel

I wanted to get something that an "ex"-junkie like him would really appreciate and cherish....it's a brick of heroin shaped like a heart. -Scrubs

Aigoo Profile Photo
Aigoo
#10re: Clay Aiken and Kristin Chenowith star in Rapunzel
Posted: 4/9/05 at 10:32pm

His name is CLAYTON? His name RHYMES?

I thought it was just Clay. Oh well. Atleast it isn't Bacon Aiken, or something.

This is my signature.

Broadwayballerina Profile Photo
Broadwayballerina
#11re: Clay Aiken and Kristin Chenowith star in Rapunzel
Posted: 4/9/05 at 10:39pm

So the next disney cartoon will be rapunzel??? I hope so! Disney movies are seriously getting out of control weird. I am looking forward to a nice old school princess style movie that of course is updated and disneyfied.

"I look before I leap I love margins and discipline I make lists in my sleep Baby what's my sin?"- Joanne, Rent

MatureDignity Profile Photo
MatureDignity
#12re: Clay Aiken and Kristin Chenowith star in Rapunzel
Posted: 4/9/05 at 10:39pm

In what world does Clayton rhyme with Aiken...?

Does this mean Disney's going back to their old formula for animated features?

Aigoo Profile Photo
Aigoo
#13re: Clay Aiken and Kristin Chenowith star in Rapunzel
Posted: 4/9/05 at 10:47pm

It's a half rhyme isn't it? At least? Begh. It has the same vowel sounds in each syllable. ::shrugs::

This is my signature.

StephanietheStar Profile Photo
StephanietheStar
#14re: Clay Aiken and Kristin Chenowith star in Rapunzel
Posted: 4/9/05 at 10:50pm

"In what world does Clayton rhyme with Aiken"

BWAHHAHAHAHAH that gave me a good laugh...

and all that I could do because of you was talk of love...

Aigoo Profile Photo
Aigoo
#15re: Clay Aiken and Kristin Chenowith star in Rapunzel
Posted: 4/9/05 at 10:55pm

Poetry isn't my best field of literature. The sadder part is that I probably would've gone and told all my friends that Clayton rhymed with Aiken. I imagine I would've gotten similar responses.

This is my signature.

MatureDignity Profile Photo
MatureDignity
#16re: Clay Aiken and Kristin Chenowith star in Rapunzel
Posted: 4/9/05 at 10:57pm

I'm no lyricist either. re: Clay Aiken and Kristin Chenowith star in Rapunzel

adamized88 Profile Photo
adamized88
#17re: Clay Aiken and Kristin Chenowith star in Rapunzel
Posted: 4/9/05 at 10:58pm

just another confirmation - i was at disney world recently and in the magic of disney animation attraction at MGM they had a poster with some early art to promote Rapunzel - unfortunately i don't remember much else about it, but it didn't list voices

"Nothing is an accident, We are free to have it all, We are what we want to be, It's in ourselves to rise or fall!!" - "Fortune Favors the Brave" from Aida - the love that never died

Lindy2
#18re: Clay Aiken and Kristin Chenowith star in Rapunzel
Posted: 4/9/05 at 10:59pm

I don't think this will fall into an old formula at all. Sounds kind of crazy to me.

"I play Rapunzel, who is a squirrel who falls in love with a basset hound," Chenoweth says, before bursting into laughter at the concept.

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,271|92546|1|,00.html

eslgr8 Profile Photo
eslgr8
#19re: Clay Aiken and Kristin Chenowith star in Rapunzel
Posted: 4/10/05 at 2:07am

They will be happy to go on the 700 Club to publicize it.

Justice Profile Photo
Justice
#20re: Clay Aiken and Kristin Chenowith star in Rapunzel
Posted: 4/10/05 at 3:36am

As the pot gets stirred.....

How reliant is this source? Kristin doesn't have the "Disney" voice - unless they're getting away from it for the new generation of Disney films. Whatever...if it's about a squirel named Rapunzel, it will be as bad as Treasure Planet, Brother Bear, and any other new Disney animated film that just is not working.
Ilene Woods, where are you?

"Do you know what pledge time is, Andrew"? said the PBS Executive. "Yes", Lloyd Webber replied. "My 50th birthday special must be one program that gets done a lot." "No", mused the man from PBS heedlessy. "Not so much. Our Stephen Sondheim Carnegie Hall concert. That's a big one." Spoons, forks and knives seemed suddenly to suspend their motion in horror, all around the table.

bunchamuncha Profile Photo
bunchamuncha
#21re: Clay Aiken and Kristin Chenowith star in Rapunzel
Posted: 4/10/05 at 11:12am

I think Clay is doing the song (like Celine Dion) but no character.
It's Kristin and Reese Witherspoon. And depending on which board you read (Disney or IMDB) some say it's the traditional some say it's a squirrel for a scene. Who knows. With Barbie having just done Rapunzel I hope they put some sort of slant on it.

If you really want to help the American theater, don't be an actress, dahling. Be an audience..... Don't be taken in by the guff that critics are killing the theater. Commonly they sin on the side of enthusiasm. Too often they give their blessing to trash... Tallulah Bankhead

hyperchet Profile Photo
hyperchet
#22re: Clay Aiken and Kristin Chenowith star in Rapunzel
Posted: 4/10/05 at 1:15pm

I think Clay has a very good voice for musical theatre. See..."Proud of Your Boy" from Disneymania 3 album. Alan Menken wrote it.

"Needless to say the crew is well acquainted with my ass and that's ok because they are the coolest guys ever." - Idina Menzel

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#23re: Clay Aiken and Kristin Chenowith star in Rapunzel
Posted: 4/10/05 at 1:41pm

Clay Aiken and his freaked out fans are living proof that this country has no shortage of an appetite for mediocrity. Duet with Michael Bolton coming soon...?

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

boatsintheghetto Profile Photo
boatsintheghetto
#24re: Clay Aiken and Kristin Chenowith star in Rapunzel
Posted: 4/10/05 at 2:52pm

clay and kristin all together?! how happy!!!

Videos