Carolee Carmello in Lestat!

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#0Carolee Carmello in Lestat!
Posted: 6/30/05 at 9:35am

http://www.broadway.com/Gen/Buzz_Story.aspx?ci=514662

This better happen! If she does this show, it will be a must see! Yay for Carolee originating a role!

iluvtheatertrash
#1re: Carolee Carmello in Lestat!
Posted: 6/30/05 at 10:01am

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

redhotinnyc2 Profile Photo
redhotinnyc2
#2re: Carolee Carmello in Lestat!
Posted: 6/30/05 at 10:52am

I'm only worried that she'll be wasted in the part. I read the books about a million years ago but can't for the life of me remember much about the character of his mother. I hope that it is beefed up enough to merit the talents of Ms. Carmello - I think she's one of the finest performers in the Theatre today.

"I don't really get the ending,all i can go with is when after several months,Judith saw Pat sang,and later she kissed him on the toilet,after that the story back to where Pat went down from the stage after he'd sung,and he went to the italian lady.I just don't get it,what Judith exatcly meant when he kissed Pat that she had seen,and did Pat end up together with The Italian Lady?Please help me,thank u very much!" Quote from someone on IMDB in reference to a movie he/she didn't understand. Such grammar!

WonderBoy Profile Photo
WonderBoy
#3re: Carolee Carmello in Lestat!
Posted: 6/30/05 at 10:55am

I agree redhotinnyc2! The mother doesn't really do all that much in "The Vampire Lestat" but I am sure that the role would be beefed up for her. However, I could see the role like that of Fantine, short, sweet and unforgettable too.

"For me, THEATRE is an anticipation, an artistic rush, an emotional banquet, a jubilant appreciation, and an exit hopeful of clearer thought and better worlds." ~ an anonymous traveler with Robert Burns

popcultureboy Profile Photo
popcultureboy
#4re: Carolee Carmello in Lestat!
Posted: 6/30/05 at 10:58am

Exactly. And let's not forget that Adriane Lenox just won a Tony for a one scene showstopper of a role. Just because it's not a prominent part doesn't mean it isn't any good.

Nothing precious, plain to see, don't make a fuss over me. Not loud, not soft, but somewhere inbetween. Say sorry, just let it be the word you mean.

bwaysinger Profile Photo
bwaysinger
#5re: Carolee Carmello in Lestat!
Posted: 6/30/05 at 11:00am

Exactly, Poppy. I can't imagine tapping Carmello for a role that's going to be less than Fantine-esque (which itself won a Tony for the Broadway original as well as an Olivier for LuPone, who originated it there).

inlovewithjerryherman Profile Photo
inlovewithjerryherman
#6re: Carolee Carmello in Lestat!
Posted: 6/30/05 at 11:05am

OMIGODOMIGODOMIGODOMIGOD I LOVE CAROLEE

Aaron27 Profile Photo
Aaron27
#7re: Carolee Carmello in Lestat!

And I don't think she'd just take any role that isn't worth the time. I hope she does this...I'm still just excited a musical version of Anne Rice's novels is happening. I'm sure it'll do the books more justice than the movies.

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#8re: Carolee Carmello in Lestat!

As long as she has a big showstopper I'll be happy.

popcultureboy Profile Photo
popcultureboy
#9re: Carolee Carmello in Lestat!
Posted: 6/30/05 at 11:13am

I'm sure it'll do the books more justice than the movies.

That really isn't saying a whole hell of a lot.

Nothing precious, plain to see, don't make a fuss over me. Not loud, not soft, but somewhere inbetween. Say sorry, just let it be the word you mean.

harris007 Profile Photo
harris007
#10re: Carolee Carmello in Lestat!
Posted: 6/30/05 at 11:30am

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET

i love her, she from the same part of ny i'm from, used to see her do community theater , when i was 8

Attend the tale of Bovine Boy His party threads we all enjoy But does he have Mad Cow Disease? He doesn't eat beef - but cows skating? - oh please!!! With cocoa!?! And lemonade!?! The heifer-mad poster of Broadway (World)

justme2 Profile Photo
justme2
#11re: Carolee Carmello in Lestat!
Posted: 6/30/05 at 1:09pm

I hadn't planned on seeing this show while it was in SF, but if Carolee is indeed in the show...You can bet I will now attend!

"My dreams, watching me said, one to the other...this life has let us down."

JudasIscariot Profile Photo
JudasIscariot
#12re: Carolee Carmello in Lestat!
Posted: 6/30/05 at 1:25pm

Yay! I can't wait to see this musical, it's going to be great I'm sure.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#13re: Carolee Carmello in Lestat!
Posted: 7/2/05 at 12:50am

Is anyone curious like myself - as to if there will be an Akasha character in this? It's based on all of the first 3 books from the chronicles. So It will def include some Queen of The Damned. I hope they have Akasha in it!

zoran912 Profile Photo
zoran912
#14re: Carolee Carmello in Lestat!
Posted: 7/2/05 at 12:55am

I'm so excited that Carolee is originating another role on BWay. She's so talented!

broadwaybelter Profile Photo
broadwaybelter
#15re: Carolee Carmello in Lestat!
Posted: 7/2/05 at 12:56am

i cant wait for tickets to go on sale in SF!!

elvenprincess971 Profile Photo
elvenprincess971
#16re: Carolee Carmello in Lestat!
Posted: 7/2/05 at 1:02am

Out of curiosity, does Lestat have a site up yet, or is that too far in the future?

Love, Miss Britt

broadwaybelter Profile Photo
broadwaybelter
#17re: Carolee Carmello in Lestat!
Posted: 7/2/05 at 1:16am

too far in the future, though i may start a site for it...we'll see..

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#18re: Carolee Carmello in Lestat!
Posted: 7/2/05 at 1:17am

I would see Carolee
in anything
My worry is the director and writer
They lucked out on Beauty and the Beast
but were both fired from AIDA
and haven't been on Braodway since

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#19re: Carolee Carmello in Lestat!
Posted: 7/2/05 at 1:34am

Shweet!

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

zoran912 Profile Photo
zoran912
#20re: Carolee Carmello in Lestat!
Posted: 7/2/05 at 2:51am

Curtain - Who was fired? Elton? Eh?

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#21re: Carolee Carmello in Lestat!
Posted: 7/2/05 at 11:43am

No silly
the director and book writer

KelRel Profile Photo
KelRel
#22re: Carolee Carmello in Lestat!
Posted: 7/2/05 at 11:52am

Lestat's mother in the books has a decently good part. She is a very outgoing and charasmatic preson. She is very wild and free and doesn't care about anyone but herself. Being the wife of a noble she had vey little room to have an opinion or do anything to please herself. She makes up for it in her "afterlife".

"All the while making faces like a baby platypus who forget to take some Beano before eating a chimichanga." FindingNamo in reference to Jessica Simpson's singing.

toto2
#23re: Carolee Carmello in Lestat!
Posted: 8/5/05 at 4:38am

Hmmm, the director and writer of the 6th-longest running musical in Broadway history just happened to "luck out", eh?

And actually, your facts are off - the writer of Beauty, who also did the book for the Lion King, was not fired but was writer of Aida to the end.

Any credit for the fact that Carolee was picked by this team for the role?

centerstage01 Profile Photo
centerstage01
#24re: Carolee Carmello in Lestat!
Posted: 8/6/05 at 3:20am

I hope I get a chance to see it! Even more so, I hope she gets the opportunity to win a Tony finally!

"What might have been/can live again/I'll meet you then/if you'll remember when...." --Rupert Holmes

Videos