News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for wickedbway

wickedbway Profile Photo
Member Name: wickedbway
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: What A Shock
 Jun 10 2007, 11:07:49 PM
I still can't believe this. Raul Esparza's performance is one that I will always remember and talk about for years to come. It just doesnt make any sense.
funny thing about zac efron (hairspray and HSM)
 Jun 10 2007, 10:09:44 PM
Has anyone else ever noticed that the song in High School Musical, "Status Quo" sounds a lot like "You Can't Stop the Beat" from Hairspray?? And Zac Efron is in both! Just a funny little thing I noticed.
re: Posey/Chenoweth musical
 Jan 16 2007, 07:20:52 PM
this sounds like it would be awesome. i love parker posey AND cheno. when i think of parker posey in a musical, all i can think of is her singing "Teacher's Pet" in Waiting for Guffman....

ps: if you have that movie, make sure you check out her 'monologue' in the special features. its amazing.

re: Worst Revival Ever
 Dec 3 2006, 03:33:53 PM
The 3penny revival missed what it was supposed to be about. It was a great cast, but everything else was useless and detracted from the original intentions of the story. It was unfortunate for people to go in, never knowing anything about 3penny before, and to leave the theatre thinking they really understood 3penny.

I still loved nellie, jim dale, ana, alan, and cyndi <3!!

re: Very Cool New JRB Song!
 Oct 30 2006, 07:22:14 PM
This song is so beautiful. I don't think I've ever heard a JRB song I didn't like. The more I listen to his music, the more I love it.

But as for "13"... I just hope that the cast isn't a bunch of similar chesty voices. It's hard for me to imagine what an ensemble number must sound like... But I have complete confidence that the music for this show will be performed with class.

Again, love this song. I'm dying to hear more from "13"

re: Family Guy Tonight
 Sep 24 2006, 10:01:38 PM
i bet you anything that the creator of family guy is gonna write a musical. he has to, you can already tell with all the tributes and songs and stuff. i bet it would be a hilarious and awesome show, too.
re: Joel Gray Guest Stars on 'House', this Tuesday
 Sep 16 2006, 05:00:55 PM
i know i thought that too! i was watching it and I was thinking that exact thing. I was really close to being like "OMG joel grey on house!" .. but then i didnt
re: Legally Blonde
 Sep 11 2006, 10:47:05 PM
I haven't heard any demo music from Legally Blonde and I'm absolutely DYING to hear what it sounds like. If anyone has any links or can send me files, could you PM me? That would be awesome times a million, thanks!
re: classical VS. belty style (for auditions) PLEASE help!
 Jun 18 2006, 01:37:46 PM
PS:

NYUstud- I couldnt help but view your profile and notice you were a sophomore at steinhardt. First of all, one of my friends I believe is in your class. I recently saw her in Into The Woods there - she went to my high school. Also, any tips you could drop about auditioning for steinhardt would be excellent. Thats like my dream school.

thanks again for your advice!

re: classical VS. belty style (for auditions) PLEASE help!
 Jun 18 2006, 01:27:02 PM
Thanks so much! this has been marvelously helpful.

And yes, I am a white chick who did the voice of Audrey II

it was the most fun I've ever had. I did everything an octave higher, with some of my own modifications. I'm gonna be putting a picture from our production as my icon soon so you guys can check it out. it was so much fun.

classical VS. belty style (for auditions) PLEASE help!
 Jun 17 2006, 11:24:02 PM
Sorry for not putting this on student board, I just tend to get a lot more responses/more experienced opinions on this one. And I know its kind of similar to another message, but again - more responses. etc.

Anyways, I've been working with a classical voice teacher for a few years doing choir stuff and now opera type vocal training. Its been really good because my teachers have been awesome about the health of my voice. The problem is that I've been auditioning and getting into shows th

re: Famous people who you saw at a broadway show
 Jun 17 2006, 10:55:45 PM
I met Bernadette Peters when I saw The Glass Menagerie last year she sat 2 rows in front of me
re: favorite show/part you've done
 Jun 16 2006, 05:30:12 PM
I just had the BEST time doing the voice for Audrey II in our school's production of Little Shop. I sang everything an octave higher (since I'm not a big black guy) and got to rock out a lot.

For any girl who loves to belt and rock out and do funny voices, Audrey II SHOULD be your dream role!!

Have any other girls played this role??

My other dream role would probably be Cunegonde in Candide, but since I'm no coloratura... aint gonna happen.

My dream roles wou

re: DRS Songbook (key changes?)
 Feb 9 2006, 05:55:47 PM
Oh, sorry if i didn't make it more clear. The reason I bumped it now is because I know its finally out, and I still was wondering about the key changes. Can anyone tell me what key "Here I am" is in?
re: DRS Songbook (key changes?)
 Feb 9 2006, 05:44:57 PM
bump
M.U.E. haha!
 Feb 5 2006, 12:27:52 PM
Gosh I really hope that the spelling bee sheet music comes out soon because I'm trying to convince my friend to sing M.U.E. for his audition for Seymour for LSOH this spring at my school. Wouldn't that just be perfect/hilarious?! Just thought I'd share with everyone. heehee
re: can DRS last?
 Feb 5 2006, 09:40:59 AM
"has legs to have a healthy run"

That made me giggle.

re: Broadway Shows on DVD or Tape
 Feb 5 2006, 09:26:01 AM
yeah! ...

re: Broadway Shows on DVD or Tape
 Feb 5 2006, 09:26:00 AM
The Oklahoma version with Hugh Jackman is FANTASTIC
re: can DRS last?
 Feb 5 2006, 09:20:10 AM
I think it will last a very long time. It's got the costumes, sets, music, comedy - everything you could want in a show. someone previously posted that producers wasn't very tourist-oriented. I think ANYONE would love DRS. And I really want to see it again!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You