News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Chip1012

Chip1012 Profile Photo
Member Name: Chip1012
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Why did 'RAGS' fail on B'way?
 Dec 4 2006, 09:08:20 PM
Agree, great score. Howard Kissel addresses the changes that were made from Boston to Broadway that resulted in the original production's downfall in his revision of Engel's Words with Musics: Creating the Broadway Musical Libretto.
re: Bubbly Black Girl Recording Session
 Nov 12 2006, 11:45:36 PM
any info on a release date yet? thanks
re: Lincoln Center OBC
 Oct 20 2006, 11:13:10 PM
Not entirely true. There are about 20 minutes that exists from the Boston dress. With sound too! Not sure if the library has it.
re: Grey Gardens: Who's side are you on?
 Oct 16 2006, 11:56:31 PM
Interesting topic.

When I saw it at Playwrights, I felt Big Edie was telling the story as joyfully (and impulsively) sharing how her daughter turned "a scandal into a triumph" without considering the consequences.

When I returned to the show after the transfer, I thought Ebersole played the scene much more out of fear of abandonment, since we have just learned that Gould plans to leave her, and of course Little Edie is on the verge of marriage. The "Five Fifteen" repri

re: College Production: Floyd Collins or Little Fish?
 Oct 13 2006, 12:27:07 AM
The concert used 3 pieces - it is orchestrated for 6. I think what I loved most about the concert was 'iluvtheatretrash' screaming out "I love..." when each performer entered. It was really necessary.
No, but honestly, use whatever you can assemble. The score sounds great with just a few pieces, and fantastic with all 6.

re: College Production: Floyd Collins or Little Fish?
 Oct 12 2006, 10:33:38 PM
I am currently directing a production in Boston. The rights are handled by Dramatists Play Service.

re: When Did the Student Rush/Lotto Business Start?
 Oct 8 2006, 07:41:24 PM
When Follies opened in Boston in 1971 they had $2.00 student tickets. Sigh.
re: Deperately seeking 'Tina's Mother'
 Oct 5 2006, 08:41:54 PM
get a perusal copy of the score from Samuel French
re: Caroline, or Change (London) rehearsal photos + interviews
 Oct 1 2006, 03:33:29 PM
As far as we know it's open-ended, correct? I'm planning a trip for the end of December to see it.
re: the making of GYPSY
 Aug 24 2006, 02:03:20 AM
AND Wilson understudied Lansbury!
re: Julia McGirt as Effie
 Aug 10 2006, 04:23:03 PM
How was Tonya masturbatory? You don't feel she "married the text well with the music?" Please explain further, because you can't be serious.

re: LaChanze's vacation
 Jul 28 2006, 02:25:25 AM
Go Kenita! She's fantastic.
re: LaChiusa's Little Fish to Be Performed in Concert in July
 Jul 11 2006, 12:51:29 AM
"The 90 Year Old Man" was cut very early in previews. Great song.
re: Best performance ever at the Tonys?
 Jun 29 2006, 01:58:54 PM
Dorothy Loudon - "Fifty Percent"
Bernadette Peters, Michele Lee - "Ohio" (1975 Tonys)

re: Caroline, or Change
 May 28 2006, 12:53:38 PM
I'm good :)
 May 27 2006, 11:47:17 PM
I was also there this afternoon. I have seen the show numerous times at the Public, on Broadway, in Boston, and now DC. The production at the Studio theatre is so fresh and inventive, it was like seeing the show for the first time. There are so many beautiful touches Ganakas has brought out that intensify the emotional arc. The dazzling alteration of the moon throughought the show was one simple brilliant choice - she alters in appearance as Rose, Noah, and Stuart begin their healing.
An

re: Maria Friedman - 45 bucks at the Carlyle
 May 26 2006, 11:35:43 AM
Thanks for your response!

I can't wait.

re: Maria Friedman - 45 bucks at the Carlyle
 May 26 2006, 11:27:22 AM
I just made a reservation - they said there is a $37 food minimum...I know this has been discussed, but can anyone confirm that this is or is not the case?
 May 22 2006, 12:14:19 AM
Shavanna Calder plays Emmie in the Boston production. And she is quite marvelous. Emilie Battle is part of the Radio.
re: Wall To Wall Sondheim Highlights CD Released
 Feb 24 2006, 03:51:12 AM
It is interesting that Cerveris' "Anyone Can Whistle" made the cut, since he wasn't slated to sing it that day, the original performer couldn't make it at the last minute and he happened to be in the wings and knew it.

Life on earth really doesn't get much better - I too will treasure that day for many years to come.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You