News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for SpookyFish13

Member Name: SpookyFish13
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 3/19/23  Mar 21 2023, 01:59:08 PM

bdn223 said: "Life of Pi's numbers are also a bit concerning considering all the buzz the transfer allegedly had with traditional theater audiences. It can't be the cheap to operate, and while it will likely have a lot of success at the Tony's, one has to wonder how deep a hole it will be in until then."

Life of Pi is getting a theatrically released pro-shot here in Canada in a few weeks, so I'm really looking forward to that! I have my ticke

BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread  Mar 15 2023, 06:33:30 PM

EDSOSLO858 said: "NYTix is an unreliable source."

That definitely makes sense! It’s just funny that they would pull a preview/opening date AND a theatre out of thin air… But you’re probably right, although it’ll be interesting to see what happens!

BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread  Mar 15 2023, 06:14:02 PM

Interesting. NY Tix currently has COME FALL IN LOVE listed as previews starting on Nov 8th followed by an opening date of Dec 1st…… At the Imperial Theatre.

Does this mean a BAD CINDERELLA closing announcement is already in the works…?

COME FALL IN LOVE - THE DDLJ MUSICAL Coming To Broadway During 2022-2023 Season  Mar 15 2023, 06:07:39 PM

Interesting… Does anyone know if NY Tix a reputable source? They currently have it listed as previews beginning on Nov 8th, 2023 with an opening night of Dec 1st, 2023. 

What’s even more interesting is the fact that they have it listed as occupying the Imperial Theatre…. Which is where BAD CINDERELLA is currently playing. Does this mean BAD CINDERELLA has already established a closing date and simply hasn’t announced it? Hmmm……..

Phantom Closing?  Mar 15 2023, 05:20:19 PM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "This man cares about money more than interesting career statistics. It seems like the time for LOVE NEVER DIES has long passed, and this EVITA revival should not come in unless it's good and ready."

Good point! Although I think if ever there was a time that LOVE NEVER DIES would be a safe bet to profit on Broadway, it would be on the heels of PHANTOM closing.

I wonder if the reworked revival of ASPECTS OF LOVE will transfer t

BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread  Mar 15 2023, 04:57:16 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "That pic is from Seatplan, which is the only site I use for looking at seat location photos. I’m happy it’s becoming popular in the states because it’s saved me so many times in the UK from choosing terrible seats. Also, if you sign up and upload pics of your own you can earn telecharge gift certificates. I’ve redeemed hundreds of dollars worth of them from Seatplan, so it is 100% legit and reliable."

Thank you for this!

Phantom Closing?  Mar 15 2023, 04:44:09 PM

With the Love Never Dies touring production having been cancelled (and never subsequently rescheduled) during the pandemic, I wonder if this will be a good time to start that back up again or dare I say - finally be staged on Broadway?

Andrew Lloyd Weber said it himself, there's a huge surge in interest in the Phantom IP in recent months. What better way to assure Love Never Dies' success on Broadway than open it after Phantom closes, thus making it the only way tourists wi

Ryan & Uzele to lead NEW YORK, NEW YORK On Broadway  Mar 15 2023, 02:50:53 PM

I'm so curious to see how this shapes up!

It seems like they really didn't do any promotion whatsoever, so despite being in the midst of planning and booking shows for a July trip - this was barely on my radar. I didn't even know it was based on a movie, and had no idea what it was even about despite being about "people coming to New York".

After listening to the 2 songs posted on Soundcloud, I'm definitely interested! "Music, Money, Love" and

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 3/12/23  Mar 15 2023, 01:36:50 PM

As iconic as it would be to keep casting Drag Race queens in Chicago, I don’t think that they should just shoe-horn in queen after queen for the sake of a gimmick. Jinkx was special because even removed from Drag Race and it’s fandom - she’s incredibly talented and a naturally born performer. They would need someone or equal scale to follow if they wanted to recreate her successful run. 

That being said….. Can Sasha Colby sing? I feel like Sasha as Velma w

SWEENEY TODD Revival announces further casting  Mar 7 2023, 04:07:22 AM

Is the general consensus that seats in the front mezz is the way to go? I'm debating between side orchestra seats row G or in the centre of trow E in front mezz. Both seats are around the same price. 

SO excited to see this! I'm planning a trip in July from Canada just to see this show. Just booked my hotel and flights, next up is the tickets! Sad that Gaten will most likely be leaving in June, but I'm still excited nonetheless! 

Joanna 'JoJo' Levesque Will Make Broadway Debut in Moulin Rouge! The Musical  Feb 23 2023, 02:54:06 PM
WHAT?

Oh no, I fear I have no choice but to plan a New York trip now.....

Memphis the most underrated musical ever!  Jan 28 2023, 02:39:07 PM

Memphis was my first ever Broadway show, so it definitely holds a special place in my heart.... But it's not good. It also hasn't aged well at all. The songs are forgettable (I'm sorry, even "Colored Women" is dull and somewhat problematic) and the story is so bare-bones. It's basically paints Huey as a hero for simply not being racist..? Common... 

I also have issues with how Felicia is portrayed. She's so meek and spineless and seem

Amanda Seyfried musical project?  Jan 10 2023, 11:51:00 PM

ElephantLoveMedley said: "Any chance it's related to theMean Girlsmovie musical? Personally hoping Amanda would pick a better project than that, but just thinking of all the options here."

This would make total sense! She would make a fantastic Mrs Norbury or even Mrs George!! It would be so cool to see some of the OG movie cast appear in the musical adaptation! 

Unpleasant theater audiences  Jun 25 2022, 10:06:54 AM

I was at the evening performance of Company last night and after “Ladies Who Lunch” there was a group of rowdy guys in the back of the mezz who were literally…. Barking as they cheered?? It sounded like a college football chant or something like “wuh wuh wuh wuh” VERY loudly…. It sounded like literal dog barking noises….?
Is this some sort of inside joke with one of Patti Lupone’s previous performances?? They did it again during her bow

Beetlejuice Rush?  Jun 19 2022, 08:26:43 PM

They used to when they were at the Winter Garden, but I'm not sure about now! 

In summer 2019 I got a 43$ rush ticket (was extremely far left orchestra, partial view) and I remember kind of regretting it because the view was extremely poor/obstructed... The set was very elaborate and is definitely something you want to see from head-on rather than from an extreme side view... If it's a show you REALLY want to see, I'd recommend paying the TKTS prices, because

Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO  Jun 5 2022, 02:28:40 PM

BrodyFosse123 said: "Velma is a dance-heavy role and has to be cast with a trained dancer/actress which is why it no longer is the role stunt cast. Roxie’s choreography can be modified but not Velma’s. Back when CHICAGO started the replacements cycle in the late 90s/early 2000s, both roles were stunt cast. By the mid-2000s, Roxie became the sole stunt cast principal role of the 2. "

Good point! So maybe not for Velma, but I still think Kesha playing Roxy

Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO  Jun 5 2022, 12:54:54 PM

Although I understand it was a limited time thing, I'm still kinda bummed that the show didn't extend her run until the end of June... You'd think that Pamela in Chicago for pride week would be a no-brainer! There's going to be so much gay tourism for pride week (myself included) who would have LOVED the chance to see Pamela as Roxy! That being said, Jennifer Holliday will still be fantastic as Mama so that's still going to get me to go! Looking forward to it!! 

Once Upon A One More Time in DC?  May 28 2021, 12:31:41 PM

Check out the documentary "Framing Britney Spears" for the tip of the Britney Spears c-ship controversy  but the "rumours" are essentially this:

From the beginning, many people say that Britney only went along with this conservatorship solely to regain custody of her kids. Many also allege that once team c-ship realized how much money there was to be made from this poor woman, they began pulling strings behind the scenes in

SIX - Preview Thread  May 15 2021, 04:14:21 PM

I have a question about this show for anyone who's seen it either in London or pre shut-down!

I really get the impression that this show is more "concert-style" in the sense that the audiences would primarily be standing up and dancing. Is this the case?

I'm a very tall guy who gets anxious at the thought of blocking peoples view during shows/concerts. I used to have a "bah! I paid just as much as they did!" approach 

Cringe moments in otherwise great shows  Aug 15 2020, 04:52:18 PM

aimeric said: ""I Shall Scream" fromOliver! Much of Oliver! iscringe camp for me, but that's the only one that makes me physically cringe when I hear it come on.

"

I was going to mention this exact song!
Also, in Mean Girls, the line from “Stop” that turns child p*** into a punch line...... The whole audience was visibly uncomfortable when that happened... 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You