News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Joe Mayo

Member Name: Joe Mayo
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Which Digital Lotteries Have You Won Since Broadway Has Been Back ?
 Oct 12 2021, 12:10:31 PM
Wicked
Six
American Utopia
Lehman Trilogy
Freestyle Love Supreme

Pretty much have won for everything we've tried for within 7-10 days except for Hamilton, Hadestown and Little Shop, the former two which we won pre pandemic.

Persistence definitely pays off.

Persephone Alternate begins 2 Perfs/week
 Oct 9 2021, 11:22:44 AM

Sutton Ross said: "I hope they announce which days she'll be out so the audience can schedule accordingly. I hope they do this for all alternates going forward for shows."

Each show is certainly different in their approach, but typically I've only seen them announce when there is a headliner for a show (i.e. Donna Murphy filling in for Better on scheduled times)

FREESTYLE LOVE SUPREME 2021 Previews
 Oct 8 2021, 06:48:24 PM
Hi all,

We won the Lottery for tomorrow 10/9 @ 9:00.

Unfortunately (or fortunately) we also unexpectedly won SIX for 10/9 @8:00.

As we have already seen FLS, have decided to see SIX instead. While we could certainly run around the corner and just miss the first 20 minutes of FLS given SIX short run time, figured we would see if anyone would be interested in our FLS tickets.

They are second row orchestra and provided in telecharge pdf. Just looking for what we

HADESTOWN Reviews
 Jan 24 2020, 11:52:10 AM

florida theatre kid said: "I saw the show last night 1/23. Went in without knowing much of the music besides anything they’ve performed on TV. Absolutely incredible. A year into their Broadway run (and many who have been with it years before that), the energy is still electric. I loved the opening number and the introduction of everyone. Really gets the audience involved right away.

Nothing much more can be said about the top notch cast. DeShields is legendary. Page

Partial View Seats at MOULIN ROUGE?
 Jan 23 2020, 10:59:37 AM

some of them are pretty awful, if you are at the end you miss 1/3 of the show.

At lottery prices, the seats are fair. Paying much more than that and I'd rather pay more for a full view seat.

1/19 Closings/Last Shows
 Jan 20 2020, 11:53:27 AM

MollyJeanneMusic said: "I saw someone on Twitter say that Jonathan Groff was crying during both "Skid Row" and "Suddenly Seymour" duringLittle Shop today. Would love any other reports!"

Wonder if he would be interesting in comiing back now that the cast of Mindhunter has been (sadly) released from their contracts.

Alison Luff to star in Starz Wrestling Drama Series
 Jan 7 2020, 03:03:32 PM

FlyHigh523 said: "Huge for her. This is awesome.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Alison-Luff-To-Star-In-Starzs-Wrestling-Drama-Series-HEELS-20200107
"

Good for her.

She was fantastic in her criminally short stint in Waitress (never got her own playbill shot). Hopefully this is great exposure for her.

Row B partial view for Jagged Little Pill
 Jan 6 2020, 09:49:33 AM

suicidalmickeymouse said: "I got B9 and B11 for 2 weeks from now but now Im starting to doubt my choice and wondering if I should call and move. Anyone sat up close partial view?"

I'd try to move back even if its to another "partial view location". If you can get back to F you should be good, but B is too close to the side stage lights that it would have really bothered me.

TOOTSIE closing
 Jan 4 2020, 03:24:50 PM

BroadwayBen said: "Does anyone know if they are planning anything special for the closing? I might grab a single. I'm interested in seeing it again. I saw it right after it opened, and I had a really mixed experience. Unlike most people, I thought the book was the biggest problem. It was just a series of gags surrounding the story of "Tootsie" and it never gave the any true sense of story. You didn't buy its premise for a second, so you just sorted of waited for the

Worst Broadway Show of the Decade?
 Jan 1 2020, 03:48:36 PM

UsedToBeTheKing said: "No TOOTSIE? That's the worst of the shows I personally got to see (though maybe not fair to call it "worst of the decade", I know I'm probably in the minority). I heard justifications for the book, but I thought the book was worse than the music. The changes they made from screen to stage made absolutely no sense!They took a screenplay that is taught in screenwriting classes and touted as ashining example of storytellingand removed most of the

The Little Shop got extended till March 8!
 Nov 26 2019, 01:50:00 PM

PassingThrough2 said: "I am not seeing any availability for any of the January dates I'm considering... Is it already selling out?"

If you are looking at pre 1/19 (the pre established Groff run), those were already sold out and have been for sometime.

Unsure if you are referring to post 1/21 which should represent the new block of tickets for the extension.

The Little Shop got extended till March 8!
 Nov 26 2019, 10:12:23 AM

gibsons2 said: "Just got an email from Theatermania that The Little Shop got extended! Plenty of $69 tickets available."

With or without Groff? Or unconfirmed?

Thanks for the note

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/24/19
 Nov 25 2019, 08:22:39 PM

Phantom of London said: "With both all 5 bigShubert houses tied up, along with all the Jujamcyn houses, these are the default houses that Scott Rudin uses, when he cannot get a Shubert house. The Music Man needs to go somewhere or people are going to be disappointed, so wonder if Rudin would be tempted to take the Lyric instead?"

Why would the Lyric be available?

Lottery tickets
 Nov 25 2019, 06:02:57 PM

Kara Lee Sweeny said: "I apologize a million times if this question has already been asked- if you win and purchase lottery tickets should you pick them up as soon as you can? Meaning will that effect your seat- like the better lottery seats go first ?"

I'm sure its house specfic, but in the vast majority of my lottery wins, the tickets have already been preprinted, so when you arrive would not impact where your seats are.

I think how quickly you pay is mo

JLP Rush?
 Nov 24 2019, 07:40:38 PM

dukes3 said: "Won the digital lottery yesterday. The tickets were box seats."

Won digital today. OrchR G20 G22.

Could have moved inward a bit at intermission given some unsold seats, but the seats were fine and we didnt feel obstructed.

I thought the show was just OK. Trying to tackle so many social issues simultaneously felt like it kept me from fully vesting in the story.

Demand for spring shows(Diana,SIX, Company, Girl from the North Country)
 Nov 21 2019, 05:14:10 PM

chrishuyen said: "Rosette3 said:But Company has Katrina Lenk & Patti LuPonne. I'd wager to bet star casting will be a draw. I am pretty excited for the show (especially as unmarried woman in my 30's, I'm very intrigued gender swap!) If anything I'm hoping for a lot of buzz to increase chances of SRO and maybe even a saturated secondary market like we saw with Hadestown (I was able to snatch $77 Mezz tix for Sunday Matinee via StubHub). Looking at tickets extre

Demand for spring shows(Diana,SIX, Company, Girl from the North Country)
 Nov 21 2019, 11:33:49 AM

Theatrefanboy1 said: "I know its impossible to say for sure. But Im just wondering if theres Been any talk down there of what sales will be like in the spring for the following shows: Diana, SIX, Company and Girl From the North Country.

Im hoping to rush or sro as many as I can in the spring. But those that will be sold out Id like to buy in advance.

Do we anticipate These to be sold out sensations as they have been elsewhere. Any words that have been circling a

Favorite Flop?
 Nov 20 2019, 02:48:24 PM

markypoo said: "Interesting that thus far, no one's mentioned Tootsie."

Why is that interesting? No one has mentioned the other shows that have closed this past year either and very few from the last couple seasons as well.

I'm amazed at the opportunities people seem to look for to take a shot at that show. The fact that no one has mentioned it is not an indication or affirmation that its on peoples list of complete failures that flopped either. Which

Favorite Flop?
 Nov 20 2019, 01:52:53 PM

Ledaero said: "Merrily We Roll Along. Duh."

Jason Alexander tells some pretty good stories about how sure he was that he'd made it only for it to close after 16 performances.

He still sings songs from the score when he tours.

Sunday Evening Shows in March
 Nov 18 2019, 05:10:11 PM

*Duplicate*

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You