News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for wickedpurple

Member Name: wickedpurple
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Have you ever Booed in the theatre? Would you?
 Aug 7 2011, 12:20:25 PM
Never. That's just plain rude and disrespectful. I always applaud, sometimes with a little more enthusiasm of course, but putting on a show takes so much effort that even if I don't particularly enjoy it I think the cast deserves some sort of recognition.
Refrain from applauding if you really dislike it but never boo.

Julia Murney singing 'So Anyway' from Next to Normal
 Aug 4 2011, 08:41:07 PM
Incredible, I love her.
She needs to play Diana, she had me on the verge of tears with that one song, I can't imagine what she'd do with the whole show, just beautiful.

True Triple Threats
 Aug 4 2011, 05:08:44 PM
I agree, Ruthie Henshall definitely is, so is Jane Krakowski.
I also happen to think Teal Wicks is and she's only bound to get better.

RENT: Filmed on Bway - Eden Espinosa Adlib?
 Aug 1 2011, 12:05:02 AM
Yeah I agree with eatlasagna, it's just her telling Joanne to back off. I love that ad-lib though, that whole scene is just so powerful and full of emotion.
I've watched it way too many times.

New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
 Jul 28 2011, 06:58:08 AM
I think Katie and Teal are both leaving on September 25th (so sad, they're my favorite Elphie/Glinda pair).
Anyone know how long it usually takes for the replacements to be announced? I'm not sure how this works, thanks :)

Lea Michelle just tweeted about Funny Girl
 Jul 28 2011, 06:37:47 AM
The title of this thread scared the crap outta me.
20 shows, 13 days, $550!
 Jul 27 2011, 04:53:08 PM
That's incredible! *jealous* How were the seats?

I'd love to do something similar to this next time I'm in NYC 'cause last time I was there I spent an obscene amount of money on Broadway shows(obscene for my pathetic student budget, that is), so I'd appreciate any advice .

Unpopular opinions you hold
 Jul 26 2011, 03:09:34 AM
@ChenoKahn mmm yeah, you're right. I'm gonna go ahead and blame the time and my insomnia instead of my stupidity for this.
 Jul 26 2011, 02:47:30 AM
@littlegreen2 - Thank you so much for taking the time to reply.

My main problem with the show is that I didn't feel like there was a meaningful plot, it all seemed rather random and disconnected so I just felt apathetic towards the characters and whatever happened to them. I didn't even enjoy "Memory" for that reason, beautiful song but nothing more.

Your explanation though really gave me a new perspective.
I'd actually like to see the show again-never thought I'd say this

Jul 25 2011, 05:08:04 PM
@littlegreen2 I've always wanted to hear the opinion of someone who loves CATS. What's the appeal?
I saw it once but I just left the theater rather confused and a bit dizzy from all the lights.

Jul 25 2011, 03:33:57 PM
NDR, I agree with your opinion of Book of Mormon.
 Jul 25 2011, 02:08:10 AM
- Idina Menzel was by far not the best Elphaba (I do LOVE her in The Wild Party though)

- The Lion King really didn't do anything for me. I enjoyed it but I thought it was forgettable, wouldn't see it again.

- I thought Nathan Lane was pretty funny as Gomez, definitely made the show bearable.

- Ruthie Henshall is my favorite Fantine - not that I've seen many others but still.

well
 Jul 25 2011, 01:38:38 AM
I only watched the first episode and I like it; I think it has some funny and cute moments.
Saxon Black definitely reminds me of Rachel Berry personality wise and Gwen Kennedy really has a lovely voice.

I did feel like it needed a bit of editing. I don't know much about these things so I'm talking as a mere spectator; I felt like it was a tiny bit too long for a web series.

Good luck with this!

RENT Review
 Jul 23 2011, 09:17:26 PM
I'm so glad this production is getting good reviews, I really want to go see it.
Anyone know how long the current cast will stay with the show?

I don't know if the length of their contracts is information that's available to the public so I'm sorry if this is a dumb question.

I was planning a trip to NYC in August but life got in the way and I'm thinking I'll have to wait until December.
Thanks.

Favorite performance from any broadway musical
 Jul 23 2011, 07:29:15 PM
I only "discovered" Broadway recently so I haven't seen much but Teal Wicks in Wicked blew me away, her voice was so powerful and beautiful and her acting really moved me.

I also love Robert J. Spencer in Next To Normal, I didn't get a chance to see him live but I love him in the OBC recording and the few videos I've seen of him. I just can't get enough of his voice.

Mary Poppins?
 Jul 22 2011, 06:57:14 PM
It's definitely not the best show out there but I thought it was lovely, I had a wonderful time. I may be biased because I adore the movie and the character of Mary Poppins in general. It was a big part of my childhood so it brought back so many sweet memories.

The sets are really impressive but I think it all comes down to who's playing Mary. We saw it twice and got an understudy the second time, that kind of killed it a bit for me but when we got Laura Michelle Kelly I really enjoyed

Wicked Lottery
 Jul 22 2011, 06:50:44 PM
Dear God, 500 people?! That's ridiculous. I was there in February and I saw maybe 80-100 people at the most and I thought that was crazy.
Freak Like Me on TV
 Jul 21 2011, 10:53:13 PM
Um that was interesting. I didn't hate it but it doesn't make me want to see the show.
It just looks like a parody of the actual show. I don't know, I'm not sold. Some of the costumes are pretty impressive though.

Gershwin seating
 Jul 21 2011, 09:52:59 PM
Mmmm I would go with Row C or the mezzanine seats, the rest are too far back.
I've seen the show 3 times and the closer I was to the stage the more I enjoyed it (closest I got was row B, center - loved it).
Either way you'll have an amazing time, it's a wonderful show, truly magical.

Rent Off Broadway (Rent Revival) Cast album!!!!!
 Jun 10 2011, 05:46:35 PM
I wish they'd done a Final Cast CD, now THAT would have been awesome.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You