News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for anyanyanyany

Member Name: anyanyanyany
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

PROTEST THE MAGDALENE
 Jul 8 2011, 09:10:56 PM
aurelia, i'm pretty sure legallybroadway was being sarcastic and mocking the idea that just because you're new and liked the show, you're a shill
What I don't get about People seeing BoM multiple times
 Jul 3 2011, 12:47:04 AM
multiple people have heard of this spring awakening girl? wow, she's like a legend. anyone know her name? someone has to find her and make a documentary about her.
No Flying at Spider-Man Tonight!
 Jul 2 2011, 12:47:09 AM
how long did it take you to do that? you should find more productive ways to use your creativity
Peter & The Starcatcher aiming for winter broadway debut
 Jun 22 2011, 08:13:45 PM
i really liked the play. i especially loved the staging of molly opening the doors and seeing what's inside and would love to see that again. I do think it will suffer with a transfer to a larger venue though. The very creative use of the rope is cute in a small off-broadway theater but broadway audiences tend to want more spectacle.

i actually thought that Adam Chanler-Berat was the weak link. His voice sounds so annoyingly whiny to me. When I saw next to normal with him i thought the

Daniel Radcliffe Free Tix?
 Jun 22 2011, 07:56:57 PM
Daniel Radcliffe is class all the way and I admire the enthusiasm of those waiting. That said, arriving all those hours earlier to save 30 dollars (possibly 60 if you buy two) seems a bit much. I guess if you're just doing it for the experience I'd understand (kind of).
Book of mormon raises prices AGAIN
 Jun 13 2011, 05:42:10 PM
when a show flops does someone bail out the producers? does the public offer to buy tickets anyway? does the union offer to take less money? no, the producers are the only one who eat the bill. why shouldn't the producers be the ones to collect the profits also?

and keep in mind they could easily sell their lottery and standing room tickets for double the current price and they didn't as far as i know raise those (admittedly, it might be a pr problem if they did though)

HOW TO SUCCEED Rush
 Jun 13 2011, 02:03:34 AM
i didn't try it this week, but unless something has changed drastically in the last two weeks, if you get there at 7, you're guaranteed of tickets. I've never been that early so can't say for sure but I'd be willing to bet you'd be first in line.
Book of mormon raises prices AGAIN
 Jun 13 2011, 01:45:08 AM
i have great respect for producers because the vast majority of shows don't turn a profit and producers obviously know this. They're willing to lose their money to support the theater community (and the unions obviously don't make it any easier for them).

The prices are clearly insane. But if people will pay it, then they'll pay it and you can't fault the show. The show having a lottery and standing room demonstrates that it is doing something for those that can't afford the expensive p

when tony voters consider best revivals...
 Jun 12 2011, 12:38:03 PM
are they given any guidelines on whether they should focus solely on the merits of the current production or if they should consider the source material as well?

For example, let's say a voter naturally likes the score of anything goes more than the score of how to succeed. Clearly that's not a merit or fault of the current productions. Is the voter told not to consider that? Is the voter given any guidelines at all? Or does the voter decide for himself what criteria to judge the reviva

Anyone willing 2 sell their War Horse Ticket? (any performance before 6/12)
 May 29 2011, 12:01:13 AM
why are some of you giving the OP such a hard time? he/she isn't asking for a free ticket, but is just looking to see if someone has one they want/need to unload.
CONGRATULATIONS SCOTTSBORO BOYS!!!
 May 4 2011, 12:17:46 AM
i remember after seeing the show in november, I went home to read up about the scottsboro boys and I remember finding that the musical mislead people on their fates at the end when they announce what happened to each one. I keep repeating the word remember because I may be incorrect.

If I remember correctly the musical:
1. Said that Haywood died in prison, which is true but they made it seem like he was still in prison in connection to the scottsboro case when he was really in pris

THE NORMAL HEART Reviews
 May 2 2011, 10:51:01 AM
i have to side with topher about how he was treated here. He is obviously uninformed and inexperienced about theater and its terminology but he had good intentions and appears to want to get into the play more.

One poster in particular comes off as an aggressive snob who apparently sees himself/herself as the personal protector of the play's legacy, the only problem being that the play was never attacked or criticized. Granted, Topher's previous posts were not very clear or articulate,

Parisian Wonderland blooms off-broadway
 Apr 28 2011, 01:51:46 AM
A guy says the situations are not similar because Frankenstein and Young Frankenstein were terrible and another poster asks if by saying that he's implying that a whole different show is terrible. don't know what to say about that one.
Idiot at Lombardi Filming Tonight...
 Apr 27 2011, 11:43:10 AM
it's up to the audience to decide if the actor "earned" the curtain call. Actors shouldn't have a sense of entitlement to an ovation.

but i agree that if the theater/stage is designed in such a way the audience member can potentially interfere with the curtain call by leaving, he should wait the two minutes. i also agree that texting during a show is not ok, whether it's first row or not.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You