News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ConductorMan

Member Name: ConductorMan
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Poll: Female Broadway Legends
 Aug 20 2005, 09:47:31 AM
Angela Lansbury
re: In Need Of A Cheap nyc accompanist
 Aug 13 2005, 09:40:53 PM
Good luck! A good accompanist in NYC does not come cheap. Most of them charge by the hour and get at least $50.00. I would not post phone numbers on the site, but if you would like to email me I can give you a couple of names.
re: Germans at deh shpa!
 Aug 11 2005, 10:07:15 AM
Paper Mill Playhouse also did an outstanding production quite a few years back that was also wonderful. Paul Schoeffler was Guido, Judy MacLane was Luisa, and Lauren Kennedy was Carla. It was stunningly beautiful and both Maury Yeston and Arthur Kopit were involved. I love the concert recording the best I think, because the entire score is intact.
re: 'Doctor Dolittle' premiere tonight
 Jul 31 2005, 11:06:51 AM
Sometimes things of a technical nature happen that forces a show to stop. Lots of things now in the technical part of theatre are electrical or computer generated. When these things fail, you have no recourse but to stop. The first preview of the original production of CHICAGO in 1975 as Chita Rivera was making her entrance on a hydraulic elevator during the intro to ALL THAT JAZZ, the elevator malfunctioned, and the show came to a halt. Bob Fosse came out onstage and told the audience that the
re: Kristy Cates Question
 Jul 29 2005, 03:26:01 AM
Kristy is a former student of mine and she is a natural blonde. She will be appearing at a benefit for her high school in Napa, California on September 9th.
re: Suzy to shutter on Sunday?
 Jul 20 2005, 11:18:15 AM
I really don't understand why almost every one on this thread is so mean and cruel. I have been working in the professional theatre for 35 years, and I can't understand the lack of empathy for this lady. Give her a little credit for trying to entertain us. Granted, she is not the sharpest pencil in the box, but she deserves our respect. She tried and it was not successful, so what? I know everybody is entitled to their opinion and I respect that, I just people would understand that when you op
re: Final Bows You Disagree With
 Jul 18 2005, 03:34:39 AM
Many times in Broadway shows bows are a negotiable thing. I know of lots of people who have when they bow in their contracts. It has to do with the name value of the star, not always the size of the role. If you have a big star in the show, you can bet they are going to get the last bow because usually they are selling the tickets. That is not always the right thing to do, but that is the reality of it!
re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC NEWS
 Jul 18 2005, 03:23:12 AM
I have done the show many times, and I read an article that Sondheim said that the role was written for Glynis Johns, who can't sing. I think Glenn Close would be great in the role. Judi Dench was brilliant!!
re: A Personal Recollection and Tribute to Michael Gibson by Larry Blank
 Jul 17 2005, 02:58:10 AM
Larry Blank said it all. I had the distinct pleasure of working with Michael Gibson twice. The first time was the Broadway revival of ANYTHING GOES which I conducted on the National Tour with Leslie Uggams, Rex Smith, and Rip Taylor, and then replaced Eddie Strauss on Broadway and the second time was the Phil Hall musical version of DR. JEKYLL & MR. HYDE with Richard White, Mark Kudisch, and Judy McLane. He was brilliantly talented, and a wonderful man. He and his talent will be sorely missed
re: Fire shuts down North Shore Music Theatre in Beverly MA for 2 months...
 Jul 15 2005, 03:10:00 PM
I am so sorry to hear this about North Shore. I have worked there many times and it is a wonderful theatre. My heart goes out to all of the performers and the staff there, and I hope they are back up and running soon. They are great people there!
re: Jerry Herman's MRS. SANTA CLAUS
 May 25 2005, 04:49:53 PM
It is a book musical. It would be great to see it on the stage. It could replace A CHRISTMAS CAROL that ran forever at Madison Square Garden. Catchy tunes, and really fun.
re: Lion King - Tour in Mpls
 May 25 2005, 04:46:37 PM
I understand the spectacle and all, but I really don't like the show. It has none of the charm of the movie, and I really did not think that the fart humor is appropriate for children. I felt like I was seeing a Las Vegas extravaganza than a piece of theatre. I appreciate the costumes and all but the show leaves me absolutely cold. It was so loud the theatre floor was shaking. Whatever happened to shows that had a good score, a good script, and craft. They are few and far between today!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You