News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for bwaylady3

Member Name: bwaylady3
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Aaron Tveit, Sutton Foster will next star in ‘Sweeney Todd'
 Apr 26 2024, 12:15:19 PM

I was there 2 weeks ago and found Sutton, Aaron and the entire production incredible. I personally think this is Aaron's best work to date, especially acting wise. He and Sutton had great chemistry. I hope they can find another project to work on together. 

Aaron Tveit, Sutton Foster will next star in ‘Sweeney Todd’
 Feb 1 2024, 12:15:38 PM

Nice writeup on Playbill.com with Aaron and Sutton. I'm getting excited for next Friday. 

MOULIN ROUGE! Broadway Casting Thread
 Jul 1 2023, 06:51:21 PM

Aaron on as Christian tonight! 

May 11 2023, 03:22:08 PM

Huss417 said: "Has the show recouped?

If they have, they have not made this publicly known. They look to be trending to break $200M by early /mid-August. So one would think they have or if not, are close to doing so. 

Will be curious to see who is announced as the new leads. I think this show has a few more years left in its tank, 

Side note. I actually just saw the tour this week as part of my local Broadway series. Despite the normal limitations

Apple TV+ Series SCHMIGADOON! - News & Discussion Thread
 Apr 5 2023, 03:08:20 PM

Watched the first 2 episodes last night and am excited to see how the story progresses. The buzz is great and the reviews are positive. Would have loved Apple+ to give Cinco a few more episodes this round. But I am happy to have this group back and hope we don't have to wait 2 years for a season 3. 

Feb 23 2023, 09:56:53 AM
I was at the show last night and boy, do I wish this would have been the original leads. Aaron and Ashley have great chemistry and sounded amazing. I didn’t get a look at the mezz but there were no empty seats in the orchestra.
I don’t believe Ashley is doing matinees, but you couldn’t tell it was the second show for the others. It was a great audience too. I actually just bought a ticket for tonight because I won’t make it back to NY until Summer. With the additions of David Harris and Andr

Where are the Erich Bergen fans?
 Aug 17 2022, 01:21:26 PM

I saw him in Waitress with Jennifer Nettles and thought he was very charismatic. I didn't select the show because he was in it though. I was more curious to see Jennifer. Is he a big enough draw for any particular show? I don't think so. But if I was a tourist with little Broadway knowledge and deciding which show to purchase at TKTS, I might go "hey, I recognize him" and select Chicago for that reason. 

I had a similar experience YEARS ago, long before I was a N

MCC’s Miscast22 Now Available to Stream
 May 23 2022, 03:05:31 PM

Such a fun performance and well worth the $30 donation. I too loved watching their reactions. While everyone truly shined, some notables for me were Myles Frost, Raul, Kelli /Audra and Shoshana Bean. And as previously noted, Aaron's Mein Herr may have topped Take it or Leave Me for me. I saw that this was his planned performance in 2020, so I'm glad they were able to make it happen this year. He was clearly having a great time and now I'm wondering if he wouldn't be an out

Hilton Garden Inn Times Square?
 May 11 2022, 02:16:22 PM

I've stayed there a few times, including just a few weeks ago and agree with the others. Close proximity to the theatre district and a great price.. I have always felt safe being in that area too. 

Have fun on your trip!

MOULIN ROUGE! Reopening Night Thread
 May 11 2022, 01:19:43 PM

No doubt, Derek had the jitters last night. No one can blame him there. It was a big night for him. But he will find his way.

Like the other actors playing this role have done, he just needs to take a step back, sing the role according to his strengths and not try to emulate what Aaron Tveit did. This includes trying to do the Roxanne opt up. 

Tam Mutu Has Left MR
 May 6 2022, 07:33:21 PM

Hate to see this. He seemed to really enjoy his time there and deserved a better send-off. This show/ company has been so unlucky with Covid. I think Tam is among several members currently out now. 

MOULIN ROUGE! Reopening Night Thread
 May 2 2022, 11:28:43 AM

Returned to NYC Saturday to see this show again before Aaron, Ricky, Tam and Natalie depart. It was also my first time seeing it since Robyn, Danny, Holly, Ericka and other ensemble members had left so I was curious to see their replacements as well. Had a great seat Saturday night (G105) but also scored a first time Can Can seat for the matinee. I've never seen any show 2x on the same trip, much less same day.  But wow, was it worth it!

This was my first time seeing

Apr 8 2022, 01:27:00 PM

I'm happy Ashley is getting her time to officially shine. She has earned this opportunity. It's also nice to see they are promoting Caleb to a role he's covered off and on. He is an incredible dancer and will bring a new perspective to Santiago. Derek is an easy transition from Aaron and he will play the role well. I will be interested to hear who is announced for their standbys / understudies. 

I don't think the show needs stunt casting at this point. It continues

Oklahoma! 2021-2022 National Tour
 Apr 4 2022, 02:59:08 PM

I saw it at DPAC last Tuesday. And while I knew it was a dark and edgy version, it was not my cup of tea. I would estimate 1/3 or more of the audience did not return from intermission. I've never seen that there. I did think Sasha and Sean were great, as was Barbara Walsh. But the direction was just too gimmicky for me. 

Mar 24 2022, 10:30:20 PM

Amazing attendance.  Funny enough, he announced having to take 2 “contractual personal days”  just this week. Dates are 4/9-10 for anyone looking to catch him before he departs. 

Seriously considering an unplanned trip to see him, Ricky and Tam one more time myself. 

Moulin Rouge cast updates
 Jan 29 2022, 12:22:37 AM

Tam Mutu mentioned on a recent instagram live that most of the originals’ contracts expired 4/24 suggesting that would be a big departure day. In addition to Robyn, two ensemble members (Khori & Karli) recently announced their last dates for mid-March. But nothing  from Aaron thus far. 

COVID performance cancellation
 Jan 7 2022, 02:03:12 PM

Danny was there last night (1/6) according to multiple posts from last night’s show. 

Who’s stagedooring?
 Jan 7 2022, 01:23:20 AM

People attending these shows need to understand that actors cannot engage with them right now and leave the premise. But instead, they seem to be getting more aggressive and that’s worrisome too. A fan evidently followed Aaron Tveit to his car after last night’s show looking for an autograph. This person even took a very awkward photo of he and Ericka sitting in the vehicle. Even if they were unfazed by the request, it was invasive. 

Dec 31 2021, 10:52:49 AM

pattilupony said: "poisonivy2 said: "It's kind of worrying that Aaron Tveit has been out so much in MR. He never misses shows. He doesn't miss shows because he "doesn't feel well.""

This whole "he doesn't miss shows" is just no longer how the world works. That cast has a LOT of cases. He's been out many days in a row so it's a pretty safe assumption he's one of them. Even if he feels fine, that means he'

Dec 28 2021, 09:15:52 AM

It's Ain't Too Proud.  Closing 1/16. 

There wasn't going to be a "good answer" to which show was closing.  But man! What a great show this was. . 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You