pixeltracker

Ana replacing Shoshana in January?

Ana replacing Shoshana in January?

QueenAnne82 Profile Photo
QueenAnne82
#0Ana replacing Shoshana in January?
Posted: 8/16/05 at 4:13pm

I heard this rummor somewhere out there. Anybody know of anything? I'd love for Ana to stay in Chi town for as long as possible... (and I know the rest of the Windy City feels that way too!)

Everything in this room is *eat*able. Even I'm *eat*able. But that is called cannibalism, my dear children, and is in fact frowned upon in most societies. ~Willy Wonka

It's TRUE! GET A FREE IPOD!!! It's really easy http://premiumipods.freepay.com/?r=15232098 Ask me any questions about it.

I love Ana Gasteyer and Chicago Theater!!!

PJ
#1re: Ana replacing Shoshana in January?
Posted: 8/16/05 at 4:14pm

No one really knows for sure who's replacing Bean. Of course, there are posters here who say they're in the loop and already know who it's going to be.

sassypanz
#2re: Ana replacing Shoshana in January?
Posted: 8/16/05 at 4:29pm

Saycon maybe...

willact4food Profile Photo
willact4food
#3re: Ana replacing Shoshana in January?
Posted: 8/16/05 at 4:30pm

No one even knows if Shoshana is leaving! She hasn't said. She has said repeatedly that it's too early to tell. So, until Sho decides to leave, give some respect! Stop trying to replace her already! Damn!

QueenAnne82 Profile Photo
QueenAnne82
#4re: Ana replacing Shoshana in January?
Posted: 8/16/05 at 4:32pm

Not trying to replace Sho... just wanna keep Ana here. :)

Everything in this room is *eat*able. Even I'm *eat*able. But that is called cannibalism, my dear children, and is in fact frowned upon in most societies. ~Willy Wonka

It's TRUE! GET A FREE IPOD!!! It's really easy http://premiumipods.freepay.com/?r=15232098 Ask me any questions about it.

I love Ana Gasteyer and Chicago Theater!!!

TheaterBaby Profile Photo
TheaterBaby
#5re: Ana replacing Shoshana in January?
Posted: 8/16/05 at 5:05pm

Of course anything is specualtion until it is confirmed by Wicked, but I heard the front runner right now is Eden.

"It's the little things; the details, that distinguish the Barbra Streisands from the Rosalyn Kinds."~Gilmore Girls~

colleen_lee
#6re: Ana replacing Shoshana in January?
Posted: 8/16/05 at 5:09pm

I am personally rooting for Stephanie.

And I believe I read somewhere that Saycon was moving onto another project shortly.

"You just can't win. Ever. Look at the bright side, at least you are not stuck in First Wives Club: The Musical. That would really suck. " --Sueleen Gay

MojaniD
#7re: Ana replacing Shoshana in January?
Posted: 8/16/05 at 5:11pm

Thank goodness Saycon may be moving on. Elphaba is not the right role for her. And, yes, I saw her go on and was not impressed.

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#8re: Ana replacing Shoshana in January?
Posted: 8/16/05 at 5:14pm

I doubt Ana will, her contract there wouldn't be up, but maybr because it's still WICKED they'll let her do broadway.

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

bwayfan4ever
#9re: Ana replacing Shoshana in January?
Posted: 8/16/05 at 5:18pm

As much as I LOVE Ana I doubt that she will join the Broadway company when the current Elphaba leaves at the beginning of the year.

As I heard it when Ana was brought on to do the Chicago run, and that is where she would stay, becasue the run was open-ended.

Not that I would not like to see her on broadway again.

She kicked butt in Riocky Horror and was the nicest person towward her fans.

Carl Magnum Profile Photo
Carl Magnum
#10re: Ana replacing Shoshana in January?
Posted: 8/16/05 at 5:20pm

Ladies and Gentlemen, Liam has a new User Name!!!!

I got rid of my teeth at a young age because... I'm straight. Teeth are for gay people. That's why fairies come and get them

Fosse76
#11re: Ana replacing Shoshana in January?
Posted: 8/16/05 at 5:38pm

"I doubt Ana will, her contract there wouldn't be up, but maybr because it's still WICKED they'll let her do broadway."

Her contract is up in January, so she would be available to take over. But they can't just move her to another production mid-contract. Let's say her contract was up at the end of this month. They couldn't move her to Broadway without buying out Shoshana's contract. Now, if in January Shoshana doesn't renew, and Gasteyer doesn't renew in Chicago, they can offer her Broadway. But if they have another actress contracted to Broadway, they can't just switch them around (of course, if the actresses are willing that is anentirely different matter).

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#12re: Ana replacing Shoshana in January?
Posted: 8/16/05 at 5:43pm

Bea Arthur is replacing Shoshana.

Carl Magnum
#13re: Ana replacing Shoshana in January?
Posted: 8/16/05 at 5:46pm

Bobby you ignorant slut.......Debbie Reynolds is replacing Shosononono.

I got rid of my teeth at a young age because... I'm straight. Teeth are for gay people. That's why fairies come and get them

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#14re: Ana replacing Shoshana in January?
Posted: 8/16/05 at 5:48pm

I thought Debbie was the new standby. My bad. I get so excited when I think about Wicked that I can't keep my Elphaba's straight!

Carl Magnum
#15re: Ana replacing Shoshana in January?
Posted: 8/16/05 at 5:51pm

Acctually it is I who must appologize.

It's Chita Rivera as Elphie and Debbie as Galinda. DUH!

WonderBoy Profile Photo
WonderBoy
#16re: Ana replacing Shoshana in January?
Posted: 8/16/05 at 6:08pm

Isn't Elaine Stritch going to play Nessa?

"For me, THEATRE is an anticipation, an artistic rush, an emotional banquet, a jubilant appreciation, and an exit hopeful of clearer thought and better worlds." ~ an anonymous traveler with Robert Burns

PJ
#17re: Ana replacing Shoshana in January?
Posted: 8/16/05 at 6:09pm

Funny stuff.

I personally want Eden or Ana. I can't stand Stephanie J. Block's voice in Wicked or anything else I've heard.

greatdct
#18re: Ana replacing Shoshana in January?
Posted: 8/16/05 at 6:20pm

I agree. I am not a fan of Stephanie's Elphaba.

PJ
#19re: Ana replacing Shoshana in January?
Posted: 8/16/05 at 6:22pm

greatdct: You are my new best friend. It seems like everyone just loves Block.

DefyingPopular
#20re: Ana replacing Shoshana in January?
Posted: 8/16/05 at 6:23pm

Stephanie sounds British when she sings, which is odd cause she's from California.

I'm not a fan of Block either.

PJ
#21re: Ana replacing Shoshana in January?
Posted: 8/16/05 at 6:24pm

Two new best friends!

theatrefanatic17
#22re: Ana replacing Shoshana in January?
Posted: 8/16/05 at 6:50pm

yea. Block annoys me as well. Shoshana will always be my favorite.

freeadmission Profile Photo
freeadmission
#23re: Ana replacing Shoshana in January?
Posted: 8/16/05 at 6:53pm

You three just made me die a little inside. *emo tear runs down cheek*

Entitled to your own opinion, I suppose, however bad I think it may be. re: Ana replacing Shoshana in January?

broadwaybelter Profile Photo
broadwaybelter
#24re: Ana replacing Shoshana in January?
Posted: 8/16/05 at 7:03pm

i know saycon WONT take over

Videos