Sho was possibly sick?

theatrefanatic17
#0Sho was possibly sick?
Posted: 7/23/05 at 4:35pm

Hey all,
if any of you have watched the behind the scences of "wicked" video on broadway. com, when they show the clip of Shoshana singing d.g, doesn`t it sound like she was ill during that recording? She sounds so different..... weak, to be diplomatic. Is it just my ears or is that how it sounded? Give so thoughts.

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#1re: Sho was possibly sick?
Posted: 7/23/05 at 4:42pm

Oh lord.

Broadway_Bound_Star Profile Photo
Broadway_Bound_Star
#2re: Sho was possibly sick?
Posted: 7/23/05 at 4:47pm

Wow, that was a while ago, I don't really remember, But I know she sounded good.

Derech2
#3re: Sho was possibly sick?
Posted: 7/23/05 at 4:53pm

I don't know if I remember the video well, but I thought she sounded decent in it. My jaw always drops when she holds her "deFYing gravity>" like 30 seconds longer than anyone else. *melts*

Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde.

Aigoo Profile Photo
Aigoo
#4re: Sho was possibly sick?
Posted: 7/23/05 at 4:56pm

Wow, just watched it again. Shoshana never ceases to amaze me.

This is my signature.

BroadwayGirl107 Profile Photo
BroadwayGirl107
#5re: Sho was possibly sick?
Posted: 7/23/05 at 5:00pm

She sounded like that whenever I saw her live....

Derek
#6re: Sho was possibly sick?
Posted: 7/23/05 at 5:01pm

No i know what you mean. she just sang it very different back then. now she sounds AMAZING during that song. She adds a few riffs and sings the entire "flying high defying gravity" now in her head voice which sounds orgazmic lol. Back then she bassically sang it as written, which is still great just different.

Derech2
#7re: Sho was possibly sick?
Posted: 7/23/05 at 5:05pm

Yeah, but the bloody cool thing is, that she's NOT in her head voice, and she's not in her chest voice. It's this crazy mix that I've never heard anyone else do before. And I'm in love. Will stop gushing now. re: Sho was possibly sick?

Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde.
Updated On: 7/23/05 at 05:05 PM

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#8re: Sho was possibly sick?
Posted: 7/23/05 at 5:08pm

She sounded fine to me.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

theatrefanatic17
#9re: Sho was possibly sick?
Posted: 7/23/05 at 5:30pm

Thanks for you comments, guys. However, I have the whole d.g video from January 9th and she sounded so much stronger that day even though she was so nervous of what the audience`s reactions would be. hmm... maybe the clip on broadway.com was her first time singing it for an audience?

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#10re: Sho was possibly sick?
Posted: 7/23/05 at 10:27pm

i love her onstage, loathe her outside the theatre, diva.

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

neomystyk29 Profile Photo
neomystyk29
#11re: Sho was possibly sick?
Posted: 7/23/05 at 11:24pm

"Yeah, but the bloody cool thing is, that she's NOT in her head voice, and she's not in her chest voice. It's this crazy mix that I've never heard anyone else do before. And I'm in love. Will stop gushing now."

^ AMEN

theatrefanatic17
#12re: Sho was possibly sick?
Posted: 7/23/05 at 11:39pm

YESSS. I love Shoshana Bean. Have you heard her song "Home"? I love it.

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#13re: Sho was possibly sick?
Posted: 7/23/05 at 11:54pm

http://www.broadway.com/gen/Buzz_Video.aspx?ci=507561

sounds fine to me - is this the video you were talking about?

alphieboy Profile Photo
alphieboy
#14re: Sho was possibly sick?
Posted: 7/23/05 at 11:55pm

That was so long ago...

"If I have something to say, the whole world (BroadwayWorld) should hear it." - Thenardier

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
RustyJusty830 Profile Photo
RustyJusty830
#16re: Sho was possibly sick?
Posted: 7/23/05 at 11:58pm

I love this girl no matter how she sings- Her voice always gives me chills as I am a newfound fan...but I can understand what you are saying, she has improved since taking over the role which I never believed was possible. She also uses less vibratto on her top notes and breaks out this sort of 'power mix' that is stunning.

"I need to know that someone out there cares...Are you there?"

#17re: Sho was possibly sick?
Posted: 7/24/05 at 12:07am

She does sound a bit weak there compared to when I saw her in May. Thank you so much for the link to this -- it definetly made my entire day. I'm so glad I got to see that cast perform the show :)

Benzy92 Profile Photo
Benzy92
#18re: Sho was possibly sick?
Posted: 7/24/05 at 12:57am

I love this woman.

PJ
#19re: Sho was possibly sick?
Posted: 7/24/05 at 1:16am

I just saw the show this past week, and she completely blew me away--vocally, that is. Her "The Wizard and I" was absolutely stunning. She added some perfectly placed riffs that really sealed the deal with that song. Her "Defying Gravity" has been consistenly good since she took over. And her "No Good Deed" is my favorite of all the Elphabas I've heard.

But she is a bit mean at the stage door to fans. Which is really disappointing. Infact, when my friend saw how she was acting, she didn't even ask her to sign her Playbill or anything. She was completely turned off by her attitude.

Videos