Saycon Reviews?

Glindafan
#0Saycon Reviews?
Posted: 7/24/05 at 3:22pm

Saycon has been going on for Shoshana lately. Reviews anybody?

Wisdom often comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
#1re: Saycon Reviews?
Posted: 7/24/05 at 3:24pm

Read my blog - her first performance...in March.

Glindafan
#2re: Saycon Reviews?
Posted: 7/24/05 at 4:19pm

Thanks Thenarier, but I'm specifically interested in the last few days' performances.

Wisdom often comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone

DefyingEDCT Profile Photo
DefyingEDCT
#3re: Saycon Reviews?
Posted: 7/24/05 at 4:21pm

When I see Wicked I wanna see Sho re: Saycon Reviews?

StephanietheStar Profile Photo
StephanietheStar
#4re: Saycon Reviews?
Posted: 7/24/05 at 4:35pm

My least favorite Elphaba...I saw the evening of her first performance Thenardier :)

Maybe she got better?

and all that I could do because of you was talk of love...

DefyingEDCT
#5re: Saycon Reviews?
Posted: 7/24/05 at 4:37pm

When is Sho's contract up?

DefyingEDCT
#6re: Saycon Reviews?
Posted: 7/24/05 at 4:51pm

Nevermind found out it was January, so Sho better be there when I go :P

Chip1012 Profile Photo
Chip1012
#7re: Saycon Reviews?
Posted: 7/24/05 at 5:02pm

Shoshana rarely misses performances. She took off yesterday and today for personal reasons.

DefyingEDCT
#8re: Saycon Reviews?
Posted: 7/24/05 at 5:04pm

Thank God

theatrefanatic17
#9re: Saycon Reviews?
Posted: 7/24/05 at 5:20pm

yea, defyingEDCT. Shoshana seldom misses a show and I gotta tell you, you really DO want to see her. I hope you get the oportunity like I had. Yea, her voice is more mature than Idina`s, but boy..... she will blow your mind. She doesn`t ever go off key and the best thing is- she SINGS and doesn`t scream,which is good and it`s also nice to understand the words and lastly..... she doesn`t gasp for air, ever!! Best of luck to you. - Cameron

ps: this isn`t too important, but she sounds so black. It`s funny,but amazing.
Updated On: 7/24/05 at 05:20 PM

RustyJusty830 Profile Photo
RustyJusty830
#10re: Saycon Reviews?
Posted: 7/24/05 at 6:59pm

Yeah, I passed the Gershwin last night and saw Saycon signing at the stage door. I was surprised Shoshana was out.

"I need to know that someone out there cares...Are you there?"

#11re: Saycon Reviews?
Posted: 7/24/05 at 7:13pm

i believe it was a scheduled absence...personal days. she definitely deserves a few days off to rest.

AudrasBoi Profile Photo
AudrasBoi
#12re: Saycon Reviews?
Posted: 7/24/05 at 7:17pm

Ok I have been reading these boards for the past few weeks off and on deciding to join and voice my opinion (which at times can be strong) or just sit by. As you can see I joined. I can see that apparently everyone has their own oppinions and someone with the RIGHT oppinon must raise their voice and be heard. First how old are you people? 12 13 14? I'm not picking but people please there are more shows on Broadway WICKED is not the only show on the boards. Go see something intelligent. I was blown away that there was a post about TLIP and people were talking about loving that as well as Caroline or Change (which was fantastic) but the endless discussions about whos the best Elphie and who went on last night please pick a new topic. And one final though I know I will get alot of flack from this ... but I don't care. I will always give credit where it is due and I have tried to sit through shoshonna or however u spell it on a few occasions PEOPLE SHE IS BAD!!!!!!!!!!!! why do you clammer to see her. Can no one else not even tolerate her EEEEEEEEE 's they are repulsive. She does make some interesting choices but she is not the be all end all of Wicked, PS Props to my girl Saycon I was there when she got the black pants! not that any of you will know what that means.

DefyingPopular
#13re: Saycon Reviews?
Posted: 7/24/05 at 7:23pm

Shoshana's out cause she scheduled off two personal days. That's why Saycon's in.

Blue J
#14re: Saycon Reviews?
Posted: 7/24/05 at 7:48pm

I didn't see the show but I had friends that did. They said that Saycon was AMAZING and played Elphaba much more like Idina did - a "younger" Elphaba in the beginning and less sarchastic than Shoshana does if that makes sense. All my friends that saw the show said that Saycon's vocals were FANTASTIC and that they would love her to take over come January.

I stage doored the show yesterday and Saycon came out holding a video camera and filming the crowd. Everyone screamed for her and she signed and took pictures with everyone - she just seemed so happy! It was really nice to see.

alphieboy Profile Photo
alphieboy
#15re: Saycon Reviews?
Posted: 7/24/05 at 8:20pm

My, my. You sure made a grand entrance.

"If I have something to say, the whole world (BroadwayWorld) should hear it." - Thenardier

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
#16re: Saycon Reviews?
Posted: 7/24/05 at 8:29pm

While I love Saycon more than Shoshana, I have to say - there is no such think as a RIGHT opinion. If it is right, it becomes a beautiful fact.

Derech2
#17re: Saycon Reviews?
Posted: 7/24/05 at 8:31pm

AudrasBoi - Yeah. Well. Thanks for your opinion. And your manners are atrocious, by the way; not that you would not what that means. Thanks for dropping by. I hope you enjoy yourself on the board. re: Saycon Reviews? There are special names for people with hopeless logic and beyond hopeless tact. Hopefully you're a fast learner.

Moving on.

Slightly off topic, forgive me -- but how does one pronounce Ms. Sengbloh's name? It's not often you meet someone called Saycon.

Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde.
Updated On: 7/24/05 at 08:31 PM

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
#18re: Saycon Reviews?
Posted: 7/24/05 at 8:48pm

sehng-blah

that's how i say it.

IveGottaBeME
#19re: Saycon Reviews?
Posted: 7/24/05 at 11:02pm

Saycon was great.

superstarjpp Profile Photo
superstarjpp
#20re: Saycon Reviews?
Posted: 7/24/05 at 11:03pm

From what I've heard Shoshana sing, I would rather see Saycon Updated On: 7/24/05 at 11:03 PM

kim1061 Profile Photo
kim1061
#21re: Saycon Reviews?
Posted: 7/25/05 at 12:00am

I heard she did great as well. I heard she does a clear change from ACT1 to ACT2, which is good. I tried lotto and lost. I really wanted to see her.

The video camera thing was very cute.

A dancer might dream to see her name in lights and mean it, but all she really dreams is to make someone else feel the way she did when she first saw a dancer. And that is so beautiful-Anonymous

sassypanz
#22re: Saycon Reviews?
Posted: 7/25/05 at 12:17am

Where do you get the "ah" from in "SengblOH"???

IveGottaBeME
#23re: Saycon Reviews?
Posted: 7/25/05 at 12:34am

it was my first time seeing Wicked, and at first, I was disapointed that Shoshana wasn't in... But I ended up really enjoying Saycon. Her "Wizard and I" was excellent, she belted the crap out of it... Also really liked "No Good Deed".. "Defying Gravity" got me teary eyed. I haveto say that Megan Hilty is amazing and has a great stage presence, and the audience eats her up... she almost steals the show. I love Rue in Golden Girls but thought she was kinda distracting in this show... Also, didn't really enjoy Boq that much but he was ok. The understudy for Fiyero wasn't very good! How'd he get that part?? The ensemble was great. Ben Vereen was also great, wish he was in it more... liked him way better than the OBCR.

sassypanz
#24re: Saycon Reviews?
Posted: 7/25/05 at 12:36am

Which Fiyero understudy? More details please?!!!

Videos