News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for MusicalMan2

MusicalMan2 Profile Photo
Member Name: MusicalMan2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Unpopular Opinions You Hold
 Jul 13 2006, 01:57:03 AM
Ok, love this thread and have to add my opinion.

Eden Espinosa is better than Idina Menzel
Bernadette Peters is overrated and way miscast in Gypsy
I love Sunset Blvd
I love The Wedding Singer
Sutton Foster is talented but bugs me and is overrated
Jersey Boys is amazing and deserved best musical
I about puked when Spamalot beat Piazza as Best Musical
I about puked when Sara Rameriez beat Kelli O'Hara as Featured Actress
Miss Saigon is one of my favorite Mu

Updated Art on Wicked Poster
 Apr 13 2006, 04:47:11 PM
Did you guys see this poster for WICKED that is being advertised for the LONDON/WEST END opening of WICKED this fall? The art looks much better, the colors are more vibrant and clearer. The word WICKED looks brighter and has little star marks so to speak to make it shine. I like it a lot.

it's at the bottom of this article.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/viewcolumn.cfm?colid=8861

re: Leading Actor in a Musical race
 Mar 12 2006, 09:04:11 AM
Calm down "so called Wanna Be A Foster". I know you are obsessed with the Foster family and feel some need to defend them (ah.. isn't that sweet). But still, I'm just expressing my opinion. And aside from my friend's review, I haven't been impressed with what I've heard and read about the show.

Don't get your Foster panties in a bunch.... I"m sure Sutton and Hunter would still consider you for a "family position" since you are such a "wanna be Foster".

re: Sunset Blvd.... just a thought
 Mar 12 2006, 08:58:07 AM
Ouch.... point taken.
re: Les Miz to come back to Bway
 Mar 12 2006, 08:53:54 AM
This is the most ridiulous thing I have ever heard. The show hasn't even been closed that long and I can't believe they are about to bring it back to broadway (limited engagement or not). It's stupid... and chances are, it's the touring cast since they are technically just "sitting down" in NYC for a short period then moving on.
 Mar 12 2006, 08:48:47 AM
I agree, I have no right to judge her performance since I haven't seen the show. But one of my best friends saw it here in LA and thought it was just.... alright. But still, I LOVED her in Modern Millie. So I'll wait to give my full opinion until I see the mediocore show she's about to open on Broadway. Also, I don't think she's a lead in this show. Does anyone know? But I think my friend said he's more of a supporting ( aka Featured Actress) in this show instead of a lead.

re: Billy Elliot in Toronto
 Mar 12 2006, 08:43:23 AM
I think the show will do very well in Tornoto. Actually, it will succeed more than on Broadway. I agree with them when they say they are concerned it won't do well in the U.S. I think Americas are very familiar with the story and the movie, but I don't think it will be as big a hit as it has been in the U.K. I for one would love it to come to Broadway as I'm dying to see it. (I'm a huge fan of Elton John and LOVE the OLC recording).
Sunset Blvd.... just a thought
 Mar 12 2006, 08:36:48 AM
I was inspired to write this thread after reading the Miss Saigon thread.

Was anyone else mortified when Glenn Close played Norma Desmond on Broadway instead of Patti Lupone? I mean honestly, just listen to the OLC of Sunset. Lupone is perfect and flawless as Norma. I actually saw Glenn in LA (where she played Norma before taking it to broadway) and loved the show (still do) but wasn't impressed with her vocals as Norma. I even bought the Patti Lupone recording of the show because s

re: Vegas Phantom Casting
 Mar 12 2006, 08:28:25 AM
Since I grew up outside Vegas (and now live in So. Cal) I travel often back home and stop there see shows. I can say that "Phantom" advertisements in full swing in Sin City so I'm curious to hear about any casting as well. Does anyone know what songs they cut to make it only 90 min?

I heard from sources who saw the Hairspray opening at the Luxor that with the songs cut from there it was ok, but the storyline they cut, it really downsizes the whole story and theme of the show. I saw H

re: Julia Murney as Elphaba
 Mar 12 2006, 08:21:08 AM
I've seen and heard Julia sing live in NYC for fundraiser shows and I wasn't impressed with her vocals at all. I was freaking out when I heard she was replacing Stephanie on the tour. I'll be seeing her this summer in Orange County, California and am actually a bit nervous. (I've never been disappointed with an elphaba since I've seen the OBC with Idina and was blown away by the awesome Ana G. in Chicago). I look forward to seeing the show again with Julia, but with hesitation. (I'm taking
 Mar 12 2006, 07:52:43 AM
I must say.... I bet Hugh Panaro will get a nomination for Lestat. Although the show had mixed reviews in San Fran., they are really overworking it before it opens at the Palace. He carries the whole show and from what I've heard, he is absolutely fantastic.

As for the Women's race. I will cringe if Sutton gets another nomination for the Drowsy Chaperone. (although I haven't seen it or her in it so don't everyone yell at me) I was thoroughly (no pun intended) disappointed with her

Secret Garden Concert
 Dec 14 2005, 07:08:40 AM
Does anyone know if they are going to record (or if they did) of the recent concert of Secret Garden?
re: Mini Pop Kids sing Seasons of Love
 Nov 27 2005, 05:44:14 PM
That is cute!! Stop crying like they broadway performers.... these are young kids and the song is a great song for them to sing about love and life. gheez.. you guys are too critical.
re: Oh What A Night! My thoughts on JERSEY BOYS
 Nov 16 2005, 01:17:56 AM
Thanks for the great info. I am very excited to see Jersey Boys. I want to get to NYC as soon as possible to see it. I knew it was going to be good. I love all the clips from it. Plus it has legendary music and a story that's never been told. Thanks again for your review, it makes me even that more excited to see it!!
re: CARRIE UNDERWOOD
 Nov 15 2005, 11:22:52 PM
When does she perform? At the beginning or middle or end??
re: Clean Musicals?
 Nov 12 2005, 03:45:59 PM
Snoopy! The Musical.. it's better than You're a Good Man Charlie Brown, then of course they could see Joseph and the Amazing Technicolored Dreamcoat. Plus, that one teaches them a story from the bible. In a very humorous way.
re: Most Disappointing Show You've Ever Seen
 Nov 12 2005, 03:43:09 PM
I'm going to have to second that about Spamalot. Probably one of the worst shows I have ever seen and I saw the OBC. I felt like I was at a Forbidden Broadway performance. It was a huge let down.. then of course the Lion King.
re: $111.00 for Pajama Game?!?!
 Nov 12 2005, 02:57:48 PM
Don't worry... Pajama Game will be at TKTS before it even opens.
re: Most Disappointing Show You've Ever Seen
 Nov 12 2005, 02:52:45 PM
In my opinion..

The Lion King. Everyone raved about it for years, and I finally went to the broadway production and had to hit myself in the head with my playbill to stay awake.

re: Unpopular Opinions You Hold
 Nov 12 2005, 02:38:50 PM
Here I go...

I loved Brooklyn and feel Ramona Keller and Eden Espinosa should have received some recognition.

I love ALW's Joseph and the Amazing Technicolored Dreamcoat and feel it's a feel good musical that could run on broadway forever. With that said, they need to do a revival.

Harvey Fienstein was amazing as Edna Turnblad and deserves the role in the movie version of Hairspray. Which is also one of my favorite shows.

I loved AIDA but I can't sta

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You