CARRIE UNDERWOOD

#0CARRIE UNDERWOOD
Posted: 11/15/05 at 10:36pm

she blew the pros away on the CMAs!! the best vocal performance hands down for the entire show...wow!! she is amazing!
i am so proud of her...she held her own against martina, faith, gretchen..all of them! yay carrie!
i would like to see HER in a broadway show! i wonder what her vocal range is...and if she can act! i guess that would be some important criteria!

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#1re: CARRIE UNDERWOOD
Posted: 11/15/05 at 10:42pm

You guess?

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde

DramaDork925
#2re: CARRIE UNDERWOOD
Posted: 11/15/05 at 10:47pm

Ok, with all these post about singers going on Broadway the only thing I want to say, for the record, is that not all singers make good Broadway actors. Not necessarily Carrie (I don't know much about her) but I'm just saying that just because someone can sing, it doesn't mean they can act.

Am I cut out to spend my time this way?

La_Becca Profile Photo
La_Becca
#3re: CARRIE UNDERWOOD
Posted: 11/15/05 at 10:51pm

CARRIE UNDERWOOD? ON BROADWAY? Please. I'm mean, PUH-LEASE. If that happens I will swear off theatre for the rest of my life.

"Love is a many splendid thing, love lifts us up where we belong, all you need is love!"

greenegirl87
#4re: CARRIE UNDERWOOD
Posted: 11/15/05 at 10:57pm

haha La Becca... I know this isn't exactly Broadway, but didn't she sing some Broadway songs at the Broadway Meets Country Benefit this weekend?

"But now the air is filled with confusion. We replace care with illusion."

FrancisGumm Profile Photo
FrancisGumm
#5re: CARRIE UNDERWOOD
Posted: 11/15/05 at 11:13pm

i think she did suddenly seymour w/patrick wilson? i would like to see a clip of that

"Beating AIDS and extreme, stupid poverty, this is our moon shot. This is our civil rights struggle, our anti-apartheid movement. This is what the history books will remember our generation for--or blame us for, if we fail."-Bono

MusicalMan2 Profile Photo
MusicalMan2
#6re: CARRIE UNDERWOOD
Posted: 11/15/05 at 11:22pm

When does she perform? At the beginning or middle or end??

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#7re: CARRIE UNDERWOOD
Posted: 11/16/05 at 1:31am

Carrie Underwood's "Suddenly Seymour" with Patrick Wilson at BMC was great- he's good of course, but I was saying on another thread that I knew nothing about her except for she's from American Idol (never watched the show), so I wasn't really expecting to like her part of the duet, but I really liked her voice, and their performance was amazing.

Dame Fanadette Profile Photo
Dame Fanadette
#8re: CARRIE UNDERWOOD
Posted: 11/16/05 at 1:32am

Her voice is very pure. Not forced.

DF loves the little children, all the children of the world black and yellow, gay or straight, they are perfect in her light DF loves all the children of the world-Dame Fanadette

melissa errico fan Profile Photo
melissa errico fan
#9re: CARRIE UNDERWOOD
Posted: 11/16/05 at 6:40am

If we're going to go the stunt casting route, I could easily see her as Nellie in a revival of South Pacific.

(No, I'm not joking)

PJ
#10re: CARRIE UNDERWOOD
Posted: 11/16/05 at 12:12pm

This past A.I. season was the first I've ever watched the show. After seeing Carrie perform once, you just knew she had it in the bag from there on out. She had some competition along the way, and one or two so-so performances, but she was consistently good. I voted like crazy for that girl to win, and I can't stand country music. That's how good she is.

jynni
#11re: CARRIE UNDERWOOD
Posted: 11/16/05 at 1:12pm

She's got a great voice - there's no questioning that.

However, from watching her on AI every week it seems her perfomance skills range from minimal to non-existent.

Really - she shows no emotional range in her face - completely dead eyed. She looked like a dear in headlights when she sang "Hello Young Lovers".

I'd say a long ways and many acting classes away from being ready for Broadway.

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#12re: CARRIE UNDERWOOD
Posted: 11/16/05 at 1:16pm

TWO Carrie Underwood posts? I smell shill!

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

BOYFROMOZ
#13re: CARRIE UNDERWOOD
Posted: 11/24/05 at 9:07pm

Do you think Charity would be a good role for her? I was really impressed with her performance at the parade. It may sound crazy, but I think she is partly a theater pro. Mr and Ms Weissler = hint hint

broadwaybelter Profile Photo
broadwaybelter
#14re: CARRIE UNDERWOOD
Posted: 11/24/05 at 9:51pm

HAHAH A DEAR IN HEADLIGHTs!! I ALMOST FELL OUT OF MY CHAIR!

Amneris Profile Photo
Amneris
#15re: CARRIE UNDERWOOD
Posted: 11/24/05 at 11:07pm

I have to say every week, she was amazing but, when it came to broadway week on AI.. she was SO freakin boring with her song from "The King and I" she was like cardboard singing to an audience.

BroadwayRandy0711 Profile Photo
BroadwayRandy0711
#16re: CARRIE UNDERWOOD
Posted: 11/25/05 at 4:39am

I could not see Carrie in any musical but one that is country music based. I think that she would be good in the 9-5 musical.

amperage
#17re: CARRIE UNDERWOOD
Posted: 11/25/05 at 11:48am

She has a great voice, but she can't interpret a song, let alone act!
Having a great voice is a plus, but you really need to have acting chops to give a great performance. To me, the acting is almost more important than the singing. Ideally it's great to have both, but if someone is compelling enough to draw you in, even if they are not vocally perfect, it can be thrilling. Listening to someone belt something out with no substance behind it is very boring to me. I might as well listen to the radio.
I'd much rather see a very talented unknown than some b-reality celebrity.

#18re: CARRIE UNDERWOOD
Posted: 11/25/05 at 3:00pm

well ...NO ONE sounds interesting singing Hello Young Lovers...please...that is one of the most boring songs when sung out of context of the show!! OY! its kind of boring IN the show too!!!

Videos