Les Miz to come back to Bway

SuperSchubert Profile Photo
SuperSchubert
#0Les Miz to come back to Bway
Posted: 3/10/06 at 5:04pm

I don't know if this has already been reported here, but here goes anyway: I just found out that the 3rd National Tour of "Les Miz" will be coming to Broadway this summer. I only know this because it was just announced that Cameron Mackintosh selected St. Louis as the last city stop before the company comes back to Broadway. The St. Louis engagement is in July.

Go to http://www.fabulousfox.com/ for more details. Updated On: 3/10/06 at 05:04 PM

BwayTheatre11
#1re: Les Miz to come back to Bway
Posted: 3/10/06 at 5:07pm

Oh gosh...

CCM '10!

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#2re: Les Miz to come back to Bway
Posted: 3/10/06 at 6:02pm

You think that some people could blame the search button for being so small? I think it should be fluorescent pink and flashing like a strobe light.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

Joshua488
#3re: Les Miz to come back to Bway
Posted: 3/10/06 at 6:25pm

Yes. This was announced a long time ago.

Yero
#4re: Les Miz to come back to Bway
Posted: 3/10/06 at 6:27pm

*headdesk*
But anyways, in all seriousness, does this mean that the tour cast will be moving to Broadway as well? If so, let me be the first to say PLEASE NO.

"I have this mental image of Patti barreling down the street and pushing tourists out of her way." -colleen_lee

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#5re: Les Miz to come back to Bway
Posted: 3/10/06 at 6:31pm

Les Miz always remind me of the Forbidden Bway parody.

My wife will probably want to see it again so .....

Poster Emeritus

JustChillin8908
#6re: Les Miz to come back to Bway
Posted: 3/10/06 at 6:45pm

the sad thing is s/he joined 6/14/04. You think an older member like that would know this kinda things.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#7re: Les Miz to come back to Bway
Posted: 3/12/06 at 2:17am

But anyways, in all seriousness, does this mean that the tour cast will be moving to Broadway as well? If so, let me be the first to say PLEASE NO.

Not neccessarily. The revival cast hasn't been announced yet. I don't even think it's been decided upon yet.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

MusicalMan2 Profile Photo
MusicalMan2
#8re: Les Miz to come back to Bway
Posted: 3/12/06 at 8:53am

This is the most ridiulous thing I have ever heard. The show hasn't even been closed that long and I can't believe they are about to bring it back to broadway (limited engagement or not). It's stupid... and chances are, it's the touring cast since they are technically just "sitting down" in NYC for a short period then moving on.

Dirty Rotten Scoundrel
#9re: Les Miz to come back to Bway
Posted: 3/12/06 at 9:10am

I don't know if this has already been reported here, but here goes anyway: I just found out that the 3rd National Tour of "Les Miz" will be coming to Broadway this summer. I only know this because it was just announced that Cameron Mackintosh selected St. Louis as the last city stop before the company comes back to Broadway. The St. Louis engagement is in July.

Go to http://www.fabulousfox.com/ for more details.

You're a bit late...a lot late. Posted forever ago.

But I am quite excited about this! re: Les Miz to come back to Bway .
Updated On: 3/12/06 at 09:10 AM

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#10re: Les Miz to come back to Bway
Posted: 3/12/06 at 9:31am

"It's stupid... and chances are, it's the touring cast since they are technically just "sitting down" in NYC for a short period then moving on. "

Actually, according to one of the Playbill articles, they are planning on getting "marquee names" for this production. It's pretty much been confirmed that it won't be the touring cast.

Colle
#11re: Les Miz to come back to Bway
Posted: 3/12/06 at 9:44am

That is true adamgreer, though it does sound like it is possible that some of the current tour cast may become part of the new Broadway cast.

The8re phan Profile Photo
The8re phan
#12re: Les Miz to come back to Bway
Posted: 3/12/06 at 9:47am

Too soon?? Maybe -- but at least this is happening with a show that deserves to be seen on Broadway again.

After all, Cam Mac could have chose to bring back Cats

Slotted spoons don't hold much soup

Videos