News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for nophibbing

Member Name: nophibbing
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

SPRING AWAKENING Revival in the Works?
 Sep 22 2022, 08:26:59 AM

Steven Sater posted this very cryptic TikTok yesterday. I'd expect an announcement this week or very early next week at the latest. 

https://www.tiktok.com/@steven_sater/video/7145956440157621550?_r=1&_t=8VtXlo0LIMs&is_from_webapp=v1&item_id=7145956440157621550

2022-2023 Broadway Season
 Aug 15 2022, 06:24:20 PM

spicemonkey said: "troynow said: "I do not know about the NYTW production. But I do know it is not happening on Broadway. It was supposed to go to the Hudson."

Guess I have to get a ticket for the NYTW run. I cannot wait for another 1+ year : /

wondering do you have info on the additional cast?
"

Rumor is Jonathan Groff, Daniel Radcliffe, and Lindsey Mendez. Unfortunately you have to have that kind of star power for a commercia

Aug 15 2022, 04:06:20 PM

lopside said: "nophibbing said: "lopside said: "nophibbing said: "OuttaTowner said: "Still hoping we get some London imports up here on the boards - Life of Pi (playing in Boston at A.R.T. First), The Drfters Girl, the rumored Cabaret transfer (thought we would have heard something more by now) and my personal fave - the Chichester Crazy for You. And since it’s been a few years out now - and I light of unfortunate recent events - I’d lo

Aug 15 2022, 03:41:34 PM

lopside said: "nophibbing said: "OuttaTowner said: "Still hoping we get some London imports up here on the boards - Life of Pi (playing in Boston at A.R.T. First), The Drfters Girl, the rumored Cabaret transfer (thought we would have heard something more by now) and my personal fave - the Chichester Crazy for You. And since it’s been a few years out now - and I light of unfortunate recent events - I’d love to see a big splashy Grease revival. No matter h

Aug 15 2022, 02:59:34 PM

Dylan Smith4 said: "I hope they announce Cabaret soon! Tickets will be gone like crazy if Eddie and Jessie come over from London! I know I’ll be jumping on tickets as soon as they go on sale!"

I think this is the only way you could sell it to an American audience, unfortunately. Particularly because the RTC revival wasn't that long ago. Not to say shows be revived in recent years to one another is a bad thing, I just think it would take more than a new prod

Anything new on the rumored Groban-lead Sweeney?
 Aug 15 2022, 02:53:51 PM

EDSOSLO858 said: "I would assume they intend to begin performances around Halloween / spooky season."

I agree. Have a big premiere right around Halloween and have the ideally positive press roll them through the holidays and winter months. It's an expensive show so premiering going into the winter when ticket sales are always expected to be higher would be a smart move. 

Aug 15 2022, 02:51:16 PM

OuttaTowner said: "Still hoping we get some London imports up here on the boards - Life of Pi (playing in Boston at A.R.T. First), The Drfters Girl, the rumored Cabaret transfer (thought we would have heard something more by now) and my personal fave - the Chichester Crazy for You. And since it’s been a few years out now - and I light of unfortunate recent events - I’d love to see a big splashy Grease revival. No matter how often it plays, it’s a guaranteed crowd pl

Aug 15 2022, 02:49:54 PM

SouthernCakes said: "I could see this making sense at Circle"

KPOP is too expensive for them to close early. I could see Fat Ham going into the Golden. Or even the Music Box. 

What should I see in London in October
 Aug 1 2022, 12:54:03 AM

TheatreMonkey said: "How'd I miss a new production ofThe Crucible was happening?! Who (or what company) is helming it?"

The National is doing it in the Olivier. 

Aug 1 2022, 12:53:24 AM

Donmar and Almeida have both announced. Donmar is doing The Band's Visit while I'm there and Almeida is doing The Doctor (which I'm considering) on the West End and The Clinic all of September at their flagship space so they won't have another show up by the time I'm there. The Tammy Faye musical sounds intriguing. We're doing Totoro on a Thursday matinee but everyone else is that traditional Monday-Saturday Wednesday/Saturday matinee schedule that London has. 

Jul 30 2022, 11:33:37 PM
Going to London in October (24-28) and have time for 5 shows. I already purchased tickets for Eureka Day and My Neighbour Totoro. My shortlist for the remaining three spots is:

The Crucible
Blues for an Alabama Sky
Good
John Gabriel Borkman
The Doctor
Cabaret (Thinking I might just hold out on this one and hope for a Broadway transfer)

Any thoughts, incites, or additional recs would be greatly appreciated.

Into The Woods Ticket Exchange
 Jun 30 2022, 09:44:05 PM

I emailed the box office and explained my situation and they refunded me so I could go on a different date. Granted, it was for the first preview which was almost sold out so maybe they figured they'd resell my seats, but just a thought. 

TodayTix and TKTS tickets - can you exchange when over-the-title star is out?
 Jun 15 2022, 08:14:03 AM

Adding to this, TKTS sells tickets directly from the box office, they're not a third-party. They're an official Broadway box office recognized by the Broadway League. They don't buy tickets that they then resell to patrons at a premium. If someone whose name is above the title, and in a lot of cases just someone who patrons are buying tickets specifically to see, is out of the show then they will return the ticket. A great example of how accommodating they are, in 2017 when Andy K

TOPDOG/UNDERDOG Will Return to Broadway This Fall with Yahya Abdul-Mateen II and Corey Hawkins
 Jun 14 2022, 04:15:32 PM

The strictly limited 16-week engagement will begin previews on Tuesday, September 27th at the John Golden Theatre

Official opening night 10/20

PREDICTIONS ON WHAT WILL CLOSE?
 Jun 14 2022, 11:38:26 AM

I think the only firm closing is Paradise Square. Even with Joaquina's "Let It Burn" it's not going to save the show from the poor grosses they've had every week since opening. The show's just a mess and needed another try out or two before trying a Broadway run. I give them until this Sunday at the earliest. They'll be closed by 7/3. I think everything else should run through at least Labor Day or their already announced closings. POTUS might not make it to 8/14

Encores! 2023 Production hints???
 Jun 14 2022, 10:37:03 AM

jenn328 said: "where did you get that screenshot from the website? I can't find it."

They were working on webpages and building the subscription check out page yesterday and neglected to make them private. They're all private now. You should be able to see it here shortly. Parade tickets go on sale at noon so I'd assume at least subscriptions for the rest of the season go on sale at that time as well. 

Jun 13 2022, 03:08:37 PM

Call_me_jorge said: "nophibbing said: "Looks like someone at City Center got a little ahead of themselves with making a webpage...

https://www.nycitycenter.org/pdps/2022-2023/dear-world/

https://www.nycitycenter.org/pdps/2022-2023/oliver/

And I'm pretty confident the third one is Piazza but I can't figure out the URL

"

Looks like someone noticed as those links are now dead
"

I promise you they worked 10 minutes ago! Should have screenshotted them....

Jun 13 2022, 02:44:36 PM

Looks like someone at City Center got a little ahead of themselves with making a webpage...

https://www.nycitycenter.org/pdps/2022-2023/dear-world/

https://www.nycitycenter.org/pdps/2022-2023/oliver/

And I'm pretty confident the third one is Piazza but I can't figure out the URL

Post-Tony Wishes
 Jun 13 2022, 10:56:34 AM

I would love to see an award for playwright and production of a play. Two very different things. 

LEHMAN TRILOGY to start previews September 25; 99 performances only
 Jun 13 2022, 08:12:55 AM

Thoughts on them remounting this for a limited engagement following all the wins last night? The rumor mill is already spinning. I know they're doing the TV series, but I feel like the show still has an audience for a commercial run. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You