News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Phillyguy

Member Name: Phillyguy
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The Tony nominators should've shown lots more love to 'Here Lies Love'
 May 11 2024, 01:32:06 PM

muscle23ftl said: "KPOP was entertaining and a much better show in my point of view, but also I remember asking many of my Pilipino friends to come see KPOP with me and they were like "I don't like KPOP, I don't like Korea". That's very sad."

This thread just reconfirms taste is very subjective. I loved HLL but didn’t enjoy KPOP at all. 

I think the challenge of moving these shows to broadway is that regardles

Balcony experience at Merrily?
 May 5 2024, 09:57:46 PM

I’ve sat at the first row of balcony for Merrily. I thought the view was very good. 

LEMPICKA Reviews
 Apr 29 2024, 11:17:19 PM

HatchKat said: "Eden was in tonight (Saturday, 4/27) but she was STRUGGLING. Honestly, the whole cast (except the gal who played Suzy, who was the highlight for me) was pitchy, but Eden was definitely captain of the struggle bus. (Could it be other cast mates were trying not to overshadow her so much?) Such a bummer because I know what a powerhouse she can be, but the girl needs more vocal rest.

Like others, I found this show a bit messy. I’m glad I saw it, and I act

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews
 Apr 22 2024, 12:08:36 AM

Menken Fan said: "These nasty reviews are mirroring my opinions on seeing this in London, amidst the critical raves there. I wonder if Sunset Boulevard will be similarly received here, in contrast to the London love. I was firmly in the negative on that one too and have been baffled by the acclaim and awards for both shows."

I liked both on West End, especially Sunset Blvd. I saw Aimee Lou Wood as Sally and really liked the vulnerability in her interpretation. I&rsqu

THE HEART OF ROCK AND ROLL Previews
 Apr 20 2024, 11:32:40 PM

Really enjoyed the show tonight. Wasn’t expecting much but was blown away by the cast. All amazing singers and high energy dancing. As someone said above, surprised they all have a six pack. It was funny and sweet with a heart. I hope (suspect) it will get good reviews (as much as Jesse Green doesn’t like a jukebox). 

SUNSET BLVD to transfer to Broadway
 Apr 18 2024, 11:22:53 PM

FANtomFollies said: "I splurged and got premium seats for this - has anyone seen a show at the St. James and done a package with the VIP lounge access? Curious what the experience was like and where the room is in the theater. Does the lounge have it's own restrooms? Any info is appreciated :)"

It’s a tiny room on the left side of the stage as you go up from orchestra to mezzanine. There is no restroom there. I wouldn’t bother with it. 

Nicole Scherzinger to star in West End Sunset Boulevard at the Savoy
 Feb 29 2024, 10:02:43 AM

Seb28, I feel like we saw a completely different show. I thought the overall direction and acting were brilliant and i can’t wait to see it again on Broadway. 

THE NOTEBOOK Broadway Previews
 Feb 25 2024, 09:46:50 PM

Saw Charlie in the matinee. He was really good. I was actually a bit worried when I saw his name on the white slip. I wasn’t fan of his accent in the Parade but turned out he has a beautiful voice. Met his mother who came up from George after finding on at 11 pm on Friday night that he’s going on. 

An Oversaturated Spring? Data and opinions...
 Jan 27 2024, 03:47:47 PM

FANtomFollies said: "It's interesting that many on this board were questioning Sunset Boulevard not opening in the Spring to 'cash in' on all the buzz...but now it's looking like waiting for the fall may have been the smarter move after all."

Having seen the Sunset Blvd in Dec, I don’t think it needs the Spring Tony momentum to survive. Perhaps they would rather cash in on the holiday dollars. 

SUNSET BLVD to transfer to Broadwa
 Jan 5 2024, 08:29:49 PM

It was one of the most thrilling musicals I've seen. So happy that it's coming to Broadway, but I don't even want to think about how expensive the tickets will be. Glad I saw the Cabaret in London because I'm priced out of it here. Same may be happening here. I was able to get amazing orchestra seats for ~ $100 during the Charismas week. 

London in February
 Dec 29 2023, 10:32:37 AM

The King and I will be back in Feb for a limited engagement. 

Cabaret first week of previews tickets
 Dec 29 2023, 09:12:00 AM

How much are the tickets now? I saw somewhere mentioning upwards of $800. 

I feel lucky I saw this in London for 180 for a table. I have to see it again with my SO but I don’t mind waiting a bit until after demand wanes a bit  

London Trip This Week
 Dec 27 2023, 07:55:28 PM

Saw Old Friends today and highly recommended. Lea Salonga is just incredible. 

Crazy for You is excellent. Very funny and the choreography is just stunning. 

I saw Sunset Blvd and absolutely loved it. It is probably one of the best musicals I’ve ever seen 

Nicole Scherzinger to star in West End Sunset Boulevard at the Savoy
 Dec 24 2023, 12:38:35 PM

I just saw this yesterday and wow, it was truly a spectacular rendition. The entire cast was amazing. The intensity was dialed up to a 10 throughout the show with the close up camera shots.

There was no staging at all, just a tilting screen for projection. I usually hate interpretive dances or dream sequence during musicals (such as Oklahoma), but this is the first time, I could feel and relate to the emotion of the dancers on stage. This is a master class on lighting and camera work.<

Harmony word-of-mouth
 Dec 24 2023, 12:32:59 PM

Jonathan Cohen said: "Jarethan said: "Finally, while maybe not topic fatigue, something in which Nazis are part of the story still needs to be really good right now, between last season’s Leopoldstadt, and this season’s A Prayer…, and the upcoming Cabaret. The bar is very high. IMO Harmony, though well intentioned, does not meet the bar."

I think it's something broader than Nazis. If a show is thematically a downer, it's got to

2024 Grammy Award for Best Musical Theater Album Nominees predictions
 Nov 10 2023, 01:15:56 PM

I’m surprised Funny Girl wasn’t nominated. The recording quality is excellent. 

MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Reviews
 Oct 30 2023, 12:16:54 PM

helso1 said: "Hi! Just after some advice if possible. I’m visiting in December from the UK and looking for tickets in the $252 range. I just wondered which people think would be the best seats to take for two of us, from the screenshot below.

Seating Plan

Many thanks for any help.

Helen
"

I paid $180 for first row balcony center and I thought the view was excellent. I swapped seats with family for the second half in center orchestra and I could see advantages of both. If I were to choose again, I think front balcony is definitely worth it. 

MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Reviews
 Oct 28 2023, 10:50:37 AM

Do they do stage door? What about Sat matinee? I wonder if I should stay after the show this afternoon or come back tonight. 

HARMONY previews
 Oct 27 2023, 11:20:21 PM

Saw the show tonight. The cast is amazing, especially Chip. I like that each singer has a story and character development. It’s a shame that Julie and Sierra are not used more in the show. I wish the show didn’t go so dark so early on. 

Cursed Child... right or wrong to support?
 Sep 17 2023, 10:44:31 PM

Jay Lerner-Z said: "You've already made that point, JSquared. I heard you the first time. No need to repeat yourself. I am completely sincere in what I say, it utterly baffles me why you think I'm just trying to cause trouble. Plenty of people have deserted Twitter... it's hardly an outrageous thing to suggest. All I did is ask for opinions. You just say you disagree, instead of decreeing that the conversation must come to an end. How about you take your own advice and le

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You