News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for FLarnhill

FLarnhill Profile Photo
Member Name: FLarnhill
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Kit Connor and Rachel Zegler to star in ROMEO & JULIET on Broadway?
 May 18 2024, 12:46:31 AM

MysteriousLady said: "FLarnhill said: "hearthemsing22 said: "dyemery said: "EDSOSLO858 said: "hearthemsing22 said: "Dylan Smith4 said: "This and the possibility of Tom Hollands R+J transferring will mean two competing productions in the same season. Has that ever happened before?"

I've heard that's not happening anymore, so it will just be this production
"

It’s still happenin

The 77th Annual Tony Award Nominations for 2024
 May 14 2024, 10:17:11 AM

I love Green but Odom over Strong for "should win"? 

2024 Outer Critics Circle Nominations & Awards
 May 14 2024, 05:34:33 AM

BoringBoredBoard40 said: "JSquared2 said: "Odom is very much disliked in the Broadway community (including by many who areTony voters). I can't see them wanting to reward him for his behavior. This one is Strong's to lose."

Why exactly?
"

It's pretty well-known that Hamilton got into Odom's head and he felt like can't do no wrong and that kind of narcissism alienated plenty of his fellow peers.

Strong, meanwhile

Scott Rudin returns:
 May 13 2024, 09:05:29 PM

So many self-righteous people here who can't learn to separate the art from the artists and love to make others pay for their mistakes for their entire lives.

I hope you're all happy.

2024 Outer Critics Circle Nominations & Awards
 May 13 2024, 01:02:37 PM

Leslie Odom Jr's real problem is that he's a recent winner. 8 years is not that long, especially for a show that's still as popular as Hamilton. 

Jeremy Strong's reviews have been universally acclaimed and he has the benefit of just leaving one of the most critically acclaimed shows ever made. It worked out for Bryan Cranston after Breaking Bad.

Any new DORIAN GRAY rumors?
 May 10 2024, 08:32:36 PM
Sarah Snook to be the youngest and fastest to achieve the Triple Crown. Calling it; she’s winning an Oscar in the next five years.
Jodi Benson and daughter to star in GYPSY in Rochester, NY
 May 10 2024, 08:31:59 PM

Nebo-baby, much?

Only 3 have swept all the Theatre Awards
 May 2 2024, 07:21:45 PM

Kad said: "It's pretty hard to sweep all of those awards because they're all very different in terms of what they cover. The Tonys, for instance, only award Broadway shows, Theater World only awards NYC debuts, the Drama League only awards one performer, and the OCC and Drama Desks lump off and Broadway performers together (and now the Desks aren't gendered). I imagine there are a number of performers who've won everything in one season but the Theater World,

May 2 2024, 01:21:27 PM

Zeppie2022 said: "I was wondering how Nathan Lane did not win all awards in 2001 for "The Producers". I did not know until I looked that the "Theater World" award is for performers making their NYC stage debut. I now understand why only three people have swept all these awards."

What's impressive is that these people have swept in their debut. 

May 2 2024, 03:28:19 AM

(Tony, Drama Desk, Drama League, Theatre World, Outer Critic Circle)
------------------

• Pauline Collins - Shirley Valentine [also nearly swept the British Theatre awards (Olivier, Critics' Circle, lost Evening Standard)]

• Hugh Jackman - The Boy from Oz

• Geoffrey Rush - Exit the King

Fascinating we've yet to have an American do this.

May 1 2024, 11:55:17 AM

MemorableUserName said: "I haven't seen BTTF but this is hilarious.

"

Shoot, that seems unprofessional of Hercules. Michelle didn't tag him, she simply gave her opinion, it wasn't even exaggerating or harsh.

2024 Tony Predictions
 May 1 2024, 05:27:20 AM

Jeff Tupolski said: "I feel a bit lost in some of these categories, but here goes. Just doing the winners right now instead of numbering all the nomineeswhile I still gather my thoughts.

Play: Stereophonic

Musical: Hell’s Kitchen

Play Revival: Appropriate

Musical Revival: Merrily We Roll Along

Actor in a Play: Jeremy Strong — An Enemy

Apr 30 2024, 10:12:35 AM

Tony Winner Jeremy Strong has a great sound to it.

Apr 30 2024, 10:12:06 AM
It's
The Tony Awards have lost the little credibility they had.
 Apr 30 2024, 12:31:47 AM

They gave Jodie Comer a Tony over Jessica Chastain.

That's just the most recent example of them losing any credibility. They've for decades.

Drama Desk Nominations ‘24
 Apr 29 2024, 01:06:01 PM

Kad said: "FLarnhill said: "Kad said: "FLarnhill said: "The Other One said: "I am surprised by the lack of nominations for Jeremy Strong and An Enemy of the People."

Shameful but it doesn't matter. That Tony nom is still more than guaranteed.
"

"Shameful" is a little melodramatic. The Drama Desks are idiosyncratic and cast a much, much wider net in the productions they honor. A blockbu

Apr 29 2024, 12:42:47 PM

Kad said: "FLarnhill said: "The Other One said: "I am surprised by the lack of nominations for Jeremy Strong and An Enemy of the People."

"

"Shameful" is a little melodramatic. The Drama Desks are idiosyncratic and cast a much, much wider net in the productions they honor. A blockbuster revival and its celebrity star may not ha

Apr 29 2024, 12:20:58 PM

The Other One said: "I am surprised by the lack of nominations for Jeremy Strong and An Enemy of the People."

farewell Kimmy!
 Apr 28 2024, 01:01:19 PM

We just had two in a row Best Musical winners (ASL, Kimmy) close. Keep telling me how the Tonys (or awards in general) are still meaningful? Especially when Wicked's now old enough to drink.

Kit Connor and Rachel Zegler to star in ROMEO & JULIET on Broadway?
 Apr 28 2024, 12:59:11 PM

Are there any significant differences between Gold and Lloyd's direction in general? They seem to be very similar in terms of directing and the only difference them is one's American while the other's English.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You