News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for starlightexpress2

Member Name: starlightexpress2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Jason Robert Brown, Taylor Mac, Rob Ashford collaborating on MIDNIGHT IN THE GARDEN OF GOOD AND EVIL musical adaptation
 Jul 24 2024, 11:25:00 AM
This website is genuinely among the worst websites I have ever used.

BalconyClub's message isn't displaying so I'm adding a reply to theoretically add the 5th page.. hope it shows up now.

Great summary btw Balcony

Jason Robert Brown, Taylor Mac, Rob Ashford collaborating on MIDNIGHT IN THE GARDEN OF GOOD AND EVIL musical adaptation
 Jul 23 2024, 07:25:23 PM
Did they cut the ending where the audience rips up a page from the program?
Michael R. Jackson & Anna K. Jacobs' TEETH Musical at Playwrights Horizons (Winter 2024)
 Jul 16 2024, 10:43:01 AM
CurtainsUpat8 said: "I haven't gone back to Playwrights Horizons since The Strange Loop. And I won't until they stop choosing these awful shows. If they want to know why they are doing so badly, there are many, many people who seem to agree with me."

You consider Teeth to be one of these "awful" shows?

Jul 6 2024, 12:29:10 PM

I saw it last weekend and had a blast. The musical is a total mess though lmao. Would totally watch it again if I was in the Chicago area.

I don't know the source material at all.

A few potentially unpopular thoughts:

• I really liked the opening and felt it set the environment really well. The issue is that the musical is like three different stories in one, where only one of them really utilizes this voodoo Savannah environment.
  • I really disliked Tom Hewit
Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season!
 May 30 2024, 10:02:12 AM

Tickets sell through June 29th 2025

Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season?
 May 29 2024, 03:30:15 PM

The website is up, it's re-opening the Majestic. Tickets on sale tomorrow at 10am ET!

Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season?
 May 29 2024, 01:42:41 PM

Did the site list a closing date?

City Centers 24-25: Ragtime, Urinetown, LaChiusa's Wild Party, Love Life
 May 28 2024, 11:25:49 AM

I did not buy (and have never bought) tickets through TodayTix. When I purchased Ragtime tickets I called the New York City Center box office at 212-581-1212

May 27 2024, 09:05:51 PM

Just an FYI, there was a $700 unauthorized transaction through TodayTix one day after I called to place an order for Ragtime at NYCC. I can't imagine this is a coincidence and can only assume the person who took my order misused my card details

I would suggest that other folks check their credit card statements.

Edit: I've reached out to TodayTix to get more info. I've never used the platform before so I'm pretty confident someone stole my card details but I do want to verify through them, it's possible some glitch somewhere charged me. I do also want to say that there are many ways for people to steal card numbers and the super kind and patient guy that helped me place my order for NYCC isn't automatically the culprit here. I was a bit frustrated when I first wrote this but my assumption is just that, an assumption. And those are often wrong. Just want to raise awareness in case whatever happened to me is also happening to others.

May 23 2024, 01:54:27 PM

Just ordered through phone, it was downright pleasant. Strongly recommend over website

May 14 2024, 01:04:10 PM

Cool! So that would mean Ragtime is legitimately fully staged and Urinetown/Wild Party/Love Life will be "concerts" but effectively staged as well?

May 14 2024, 12:36:10 PM

Are these all fully staged?

2024-2025 Touring Season
 Apr 29 2024, 09:38:58 PM

Madison, WI:

• Nov 26-Dec 1: & Juliet
  • Dec 31-Jan 5: Funny Girl
  • Feb 4-9: Shucked
  • Mar 18-23: A Beautiful Noise
  • May 13-18: Clue
  • June 17-22: MJ
  • July 9-27: Wicked

Dreadful season imo but I don't usually like jukebox musicals.

Nothing until late November seems a bit odd

STEREOPHONIC Previews
 Apr 3 2024, 11:08:20 PM

Is there any chance that they'll extend the run? Going to NY in November and kinda bummed I'll miss this. It's a pretty short run already so I'm guessing that even if they did it wouldn't be long enough for me to see it.

Who has had the most 1000 show runs on Broadway?
 Apr 3 2024, 10:36:02 PM

Maybe Richard Rodgers? Oklahoma, Sound of Music, South Pacific, King and I?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You