News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for thtrguy2

Member Name: thtrguy2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Litzsinger and Reinders bring TastiSkank to George Street!
 Apr 18 2007, 07:30:58 PM
bump! :)
Litzsinger and Reinders bring TastiSkank to George Street! This Friday!
 Apr 13 2007, 02:58:34 PM
Actors from two of Broadway’s most wholesome shows – Beauty and the Beast and Wicked – have united to form “Tastiskank,” a musical comedy duo with a decidedly risqué edge. Noted for songs like “I Heart Dirty Boys” and “We Don’t Do Threesomes,” Sarah Litzsinger – Broadway’s longest-running Belle in Beauty and the Beast , and Kate Reinders – Glinda the Good in Wicked – will perform late night at George Street Playhouse in a special adults-only performance on Friday, April 20 at 11pm. Litzsinger
VonEssen added to Cast of Falsettos
 Mar 5 2007, 12:28:25 PM

Broadway actor Max von Essen, most recently seen on the New York stage in The Broadway Musicals of 1928 concert at Town Hall, will star in the George Street Playhouse's upcoming production of the award-winning William Finn musical Falsettos.

Playbill.com has learned that von Essen will play the lead role of Marvin in the production, which will also feature the previously announced Colin Hanlon as Whizzer and Sarah Litzsinger as kosher caterer Cordelia.

The George Street m

re: Fave Spring Awakening track
 Dec 17 2006, 06:47:32 PM
I love Mirror Blue Night, still gives me chills, as it did when
I saw it, Whispering comes a close second

re: Meadow takes Sabbatical from MTC, Sullivan steps in
 Dec 12 2006, 10:05:34 PM
Has this ever happened before? Granted it's well deserved for someone with 34 seasons at the helm.
re: Spring Awakening Reviews
 Dec 10 2006, 09:47:20 PM
Nice quote to pull from USA Today "Spring Awakening offers a trip unlike any other you're likely to experience this season."
re: Chenoweth in 'Deck the Halls'
 Nov 25 2006, 12:46:44 PM
she also makes a cameo in 'Running with Scissors!'
re: Laura Benanti on Medical Leave, Tina Maddigan to fill in.
 Aug 19 2006, 01:13:54 PM
http://www.talkinbroadway.com/spot/benantiupdate.html

" year after Swing, Laura played Cinderella in the revival of Into the Woods. She received a Tony nomination for her portrayal, but she was also seriously injured during one of her pratfalls. It wasn't until nine months after the accident that she was diagnosed with a broken neck. Asked by the production not to mention her injuries publicly, Laura found herself in the uncomfortable position of missing performances, but unable to explain her reasons. She had neck surgery three weeks before beginning previews of Nine, once again missing some initial performances during her recovery, but finally able to stabilize her neck and remove the lingering threat of paralysis. "

LB: I took off for a little bit. I did physical therapy and then I tried to go back, but I just couldn't do it.

NR: I remember you got a lot of grief by people saying that you don't show up. How did that make you feel?

LB: It was really hurtful. I had a serious injury and there was absolutely no way I could have done the show. I tried to. I tried to go back and do it but I physically couldn't. My feeling was that it was unfair to the audience. If I'm out there limping and barely able to move my head, it's a hundred dollars to see a show. That's not fair.

"Then I got the surgery three weeks before the first preview of Nine. I missed some shows because I had just gotten neck surgery.

NR: Recovering from surgery is tough. How were you able to do a show only three weeks later?

LB: It was awful. It was sheer will because I knew people ... . some people ... The people who knew me understood, and that's always the way it is. Then the people who want to rip you down said whatever they said, so I just wanted to push through. But there were days ... Not only did I have neck pain, but they had to shove a tube down my throat. They went in through the front of my neck so my cords were incredibly swollen from just having neck surgery. There were days in Nine when I couldn't talk. I was so swollen in my neck and my throat that I couldn't talk. What are you going to do then? I'm not going to go out there and talk "Unusual Way." And you know what? I did the best that I could. I missed very little considering that I had just had a major life-altering surgery. "

re: Songs for a New World! Starring Barbara Walsh and Liz McCartney in NJ!!
 Jul 5 2006, 04:45:38 PM
Final Weekend! July 7 -9, 4 performances left!
 Jul 1 2006, 05:45:25 PM
Save $5.00 of your tickets by using code MANIA
re: Songs for a New World in NJ
 Jul 1 2006, 05:44:21 PM
Save $5.00 off your tickets by using code MANIA for this show.

Jun 25 2006, 11:14:01 AM
bump
:)

Jun 23 2006, 08:15:43 AM
Also stars Heather Ayers, Arthur Marks, Jack Donahue, and Dave Rappaport.
Songs for a New World! Starring Barbara Walsh and Liz McCartney in NJ!!
 Jun 22 2006, 10:15:42 PM
presented by ABCD Productions at George Street Playhouse

Opens Saturday!!

re: tick, tick...Boom! New Jersey
 Jun 8 2006, 08:15:59 AM
bump :)
 Jun 6 2006, 07:58:02 AM
It only ran for 2 nights last weekend and runs final 3 performances this weekend!

Phenomenal cast!

Jun 5 2006, 08:43:18 PM
Burgdorff Cultural Center
10 Durand Rd
Maplewood, NJ

Across the street from the train station! Direct service available from NYC!

Don't miss it

tick, tick...Boom! New Jersey - Final Perfs
 Jun 5 2006, 07:07:29 PM
The Clock is Ticking, that’s for certain!”

tick,tick...Boom!

Book, Music and Lyrics by Jonathan Larson

Script Consultant David Auburn

Vocal Arrangements and Orchestrations by Stephen Oremus

Produced by Scott M. Goldman

Musical Direction by Mike Yesenosky

Assistant Direction by Samantha Holgate

Directed by Aaron Bogad

Starring George Adamo, Leo Da Silva, and Jennifer

re: Gunmetal Blues at George St.
 Apr 12 2006, 07:30:57 PM
George Street is offering FREE Tickets to 'Gunmetal Blues' for tomorrow afternoon and evening performances due to the holidays this week.

Email kryman@georgestplayhouse.org or call 732-846-2895 x 131 for tickets!!

re: The Pillowman in NYC Area
 Feb 11 2006, 10:43:30 PM
Coming to George Street Playhouse Feb 21 - March 19!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You