News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for rose&lark

Member Name: rose&lark
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Official AVENUE Q Tour Thread
 Nov 24 2007, 07:48:11 PM
Glad to hear the positive reviews! I'm seeing it sometime this Spring, I can't wait! :)
re: Top ten favorite CHARACTERS in a musical
 Aug 23 2006, 04:17:06 PM
In No Particular Order...

1) Clara Johnson-- The Light in the Piazza
2) Gavroche-- Les Miserables
3) Mark Cohen-- RENT
4) The Little Boy-- RAGTIME
5) Sir Percy Blakeney-- The Scarlet Pimpernel
6) Anybodys-- West Side Story
7) Tracy Turnblad-- HAIRSPRAY
Eponine-- Les Miserables
9) Jo March-- Little Women
10) Nicely Nicely-- Guys and Dolls

re: Reba's wonderful!
 Apr 26 2006, 11:17:45 PM
I thought Reba did well, though at first her "accent" took some getting used to. I only watched bits and pieces of it (will watch it in full later) but I really enjoyed Jason Danieley and Brian Stokes Mitchell's performance...and there was just something about Alec Baldwin in a grass skirt that amused me All around a great concert, one that really peaked my interest in this musical!
re: Favorite Cast Recording
 Apr 2 2006, 05:59:50 PM
I agree, so many to choose from!

Current favorites:
Little Women
RENT OBC
Avenue Q

re: Favorite Chorus numbers
 Apr 2 2006, 12:51:33 AM
Godspeed, Titanic~ TITANIC
Circle of Life~ THE LION KING
They Seek Him Here/Who Is the Scarlet Pimpernel?~ THE SCARLET PIMPERNEL, Version 2 (I think)
Sit Down, You're Rockin' the Boat~ GUYS AND DOLLS
Slap That Bass~ CRAZY FOR YOU

re: Ah, favorite little moments on an OBC...
 Mar 23 2006, 01:12:56 AM
The Full Monty: "Jeanette's Showbiz Number," when one of the guys tries to do a "wall flip." Especially when listening to it on separate speakers or headphones (you can almost imagine him attempting it as the sound of his feet travels from one speaker to the other. Very funny)

Little Women: "Take A Chance On Me," when Laurie is asking to see the patch on Jo's dress. I can almost imagine Laurie trying to see her dress, and Jo moving away from him, preventing him from seeing the patch. :)

re: Sally opposite John Stamos' Emcee?
 Mar 22 2006, 09:37:51 PM
I believe I saw Heather Laws as Sally opposite John Stamos. I enjoyed his Emcee as well. I went in thinking he wasn't going to be very good, but I was surprised. He handled the character well.
re: favorite not-so-well-known musical
 Mar 22 2006, 06:57:03 PM
Mine: A Man of No Importance, The Civil War: Our Story in Song.

Juliette Capulet, I really enjoy Romeo et Juliette and all its incarnations as well! :)

re: Strongly recommend Movin' Out tour
 Mar 20 2006, 01:02:50 PM
I also would encourage people to see this tour. I saw it last spring, and the ensemble (as well as the show itself) was incredible! Also, the cast was very nice, they kindly obliged me at stage door--Holly Cruikshank in particular! Very moving, incredible dancing, simply put: wonderful cast and a great show :)
re: Where does Mark go??? (RENT)
 Feb 26 2006, 10:26:19 PM
He does go see Maureen...he's on the phone with her in the song "Rent."
re: dracula cd
 Feb 22 2006, 02:45:57 AM
Something interesting, though...if you look at the CD Universe site, it lists "Original Broadway Cast" *hits forehead with palm*
re: RENT - Original Bolivian Cast on video
 Feb 19 2006, 11:36:13 PM
Thanks for the link. Did I hear that April's been changed to December? I definitely didn't hear April named in "Light My Candle." Anyone else hear this change?
re: Favorite Love Songs
 Feb 13 2006, 11:48:02 PM
Mine:
"All I Ask of You" (The Phantom of the Opera)
"All the Wasted Time" (Parade) *such a beautiful tune*
"I'll Cover You" and "Seasons of Love" (RENT)
"You Are Beautiful" (Flower Drum Song)
"To Have and to Hold" (The Beautiful Game)
"Love to Me" (The Light in the Piazza)
...Though there are many, many out there...

re: The Beautiful Game
 Feb 1 2006, 11:56:10 PM
I wasn't able to see it, and I can't figure out for the life of me how I heard the CD, but I am so glad that I did. A beautiful and heartfelt score...and the "drinking song" is a great laugh, as well
re: Top Five Most Powerful Shows You've Seen
 Jan 24 2006, 11:32:27 PM
I can't put this in order, but:
RENT
Les Miserables
Cabaret
Movin' Out
Jesus Christ Superstar

re: Assasins. Love it.
 Jan 24 2006, 11:18:36 PM
I've heard both--I checked the OCR out of the library, and own the Revival--and I think that both casts have fabulous performances to boast about. They're both great CD's. I personally LOVE "Unworthy of Your Love"; listened to it a bit on the OCR and skipped it, but it's a favorite on the Revival cast recording.
re: Cast Recordings You HATE
 Jan 22 2006, 01:36:15 AM
I also don't buy CD's of shows I hate, but there are shows that I don't listen to very often (though I enjoyed them enough to buy the cast recording in the first place), like AIDA, Saturday Night, The Producers, Urinetown. It's not that I don't like them, its just that each show and each cast of a show has a certain flavor and style that is unique to their production, and a lot of times I'm not in the mood to listen to that particular flavor of music.
re: High School Musical Disney Original Movie
 Jan 22 2006, 01:31:53 AM
I watched it, and as I said to a friend of mine earlier, I wasn't expecting for a Bernadette to come flouncing through singing "Everything's Comin' Up Roses" (or an Ethel Merman for that matter) but I thought it was enjoyable to watch. When I did a production of Guys and Dolls, we had football players come in for the Havana scene, so the plotline isn't so far-fetched. I wouldn't get the CD, but I enjoyed it.
re: What's The Next High School Musical Classic?
 Jan 21 2006, 12:28:45 AM
I think Hairspray and Thoroughly Modern Millie are the most fitting for a show. I agree that The Producers would be too risque--When You Got It, Flaunt It, for example.
FIRST PICTURE OF DREAMETTES IN 'DREAMGIRLS' MOVIE MUSICAL!!
 Jan 17 2006, 09:54:17 PM
Okay, yes, it's been awhile since I've posted and been up on Broadway/Broadway movie news, but I had no idea that Anika Noni Rose would be in this film! I'm intrigued. It'll be interesting to see how this one will pan out.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You