News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for MrFerriero

MrFerriero Profile Photo
Member Name: MrFerriero
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Worst broadway shows you've seen
 Aug 19 2014, 07:41:43 PM
Revival of Jekyll & Hyde. Was the only show I've ever seen that I wanted to leave at intermission and didn't because I love the confrontation so much. Then to see what they did to it ... UGG!
The audible laughs from throughout the audience.
BTW: I love Rocky, Lysistrata Jones and a few others on this list :)
Also - didn't care for Leap of Faith yet, it is one of my most played on my iPod. Go figure!

HOLLER IF YA HEAR ME Previews
 Jun 18 2014, 08:22:13 PM
I didn't mean to offend anyone who's a sound designer, I recognize that it is not just their choice as far as leveling goes. Maybe it was just me, but I think it was loud. I didn't expect a 'concert' vibe since this "story is now".
HOLLER IF YA HEAR ME Previews
 Jun 16 2014, 07:44:49 AM
Saw it last night. I agree with most of the comments on here, the book is weak, but my biggest problem is the sound design. The show was loud - WAAAAAY over amplified. I had great seats (front center mezz) and I found myself trying to cover my ears at moments in the show. The music was pretty good and I enjoyed the staging/movements, but the sound design killed it for me. Also, where is the orchestra located? Pit? It almost feels as though most of the music is pre-recorded.
Rocky Previews
 Feb 27 2014, 01:25:43 PM
My QUICK opinion: Saw the show last night, other than possibly 1 lighting issue it seemed to run VERY smoothly. I see, pretty much, everything each season (I'm theater obsessed!) and must say, as of now Rocky is my front runner (although I've only seen Bridges in previews so far). I can't wait to see the final version. The star of this show is, without a doubt, the crazy awesome sets. Honestly didn't expect that. Andy Karl deserved a nod - no questions asked - the guy works his butt off and
Paper Mill Playhouse Reveals 2014-15 Season Clues! Can You Guess the Lineup?
 Feb 20 2014, 12:04:41 AM
Last one is Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike since it's Sonia and Spike?
TDF Policy Re Bad Weather
 Feb 13 2014, 04:12:53 PM
I just called Telecharge -- they said that they can offer a past-date ticket exchange on the DAY of the new performance you want to see as long as it's a mid week (Tue/Wed/Thur) performance. You have to call please call 212-239-6210 after 11 a.m on the day that you want. Very helpful!!
Free Playbills (You Pay Mailing Though)
 Feb 13 2014, 04:05:15 PM
Looking for Addams Family. Didn't see it on Broadway and am directing it this summer - I have this 'thing' about having all the original Playbills to shows I direct.
Bridges, Alladin, or Rocky?
 Feb 13 2014, 01:49:06 PM
So far I've only seen Bridges (obviously) and it's good. Suppose to see Rocky tonight but who knows with this weather. As far as Aladdin is concerned -hmmm. If I had to choose one my gut says Aladdin if you're looking for a traditional musical with a WOW factor. Bridges if you're looking for romantic/drama and Rocky if you're into something 'new' and interesting. I know this doesn't help at all but with the snow I can't help but comment on the message boards!
Rocky Previews
 Feb 13 2014, 01:36:04 PM
I have tickets for tonight but my town hasn't even plowed my block yet (in NJ)! I've never missed a show ... how to exchanges work? Of course I got them on TDF so, do you think the box office would allow me to try again next week with a past-dated ticket?
Rocky - The Musical is on TDF
 Feb 6 2014, 08:28:08 PM
Thanks! Grabbed a pair for Thursday as well.
Chaplin - Licensing?
 Jan 17 2014, 09:28:28 AM
Anyone know if Chaplin will be available for amateur licensing soon?
Update - Rude person was arrested!!
 Oct 12 2013, 01:13:13 PM
Saw First Date for the second time the other day and the guy behind me repeated almost every line with a laugh. "She said she's not a Jew! Ha!" Wanted to murder him!!
4 movie musicals in production/filmed. Wow...
 Oct 4 2013, 12:34:49 PM
13 was just announced as a probable movie, as well as one of my favorites - Lysistrata Jones.
tdf seat locations
 Oct 4 2013, 12:32:33 PM
I see almost everything TDF puts up -- at least 85% were orchestra seats. I've only ever sat in the rear mezz once. I usually go alone during the week if that helps.
Big Fish Preview Thread
 Sep 14 2013, 12:38:29 AM
Saw the show tonight and loved it. Honestly, some award winning material in there. Runs long - I can see a few spots to be shortened. Thought the first act was stronger than the second but both really good. My favorite this season so far.
Norbert stopped the performance during THE GIANT song, "Out There On The Road" because of some 'oil' on the stage. It actually took me a second to realize that he wasn't acting. He said he was concerned for the giant since the fall could be nasty for

Favorite Douglas Carter Beane lines.
 Jun 3 2013, 12:21:05 PM
From Lysistrata Jones: Xander enters wearing a Spartan costume and he says that he got it from the Drama Club's production of 'The Passion of the Christ' and then says "All good theatre was a movie first, that way the audience isn't surprised!" Got a laugh every night but a rolling laugh at the closing performance when Patti Murin said "Oh, that explains it!".
Broadway Vloggers: Are you out there?
 Jul 17 2012, 10:26:28 PM
I've been thinking about doing this but I wasn't sure if anyone even reads my blog. ha ha! Although, I do receive hate mail for negative reviews.
Elf: Christmas 2012
 Jun 3 2012, 01:32:22 AM
Sorry, I meant the cast recording. I shouldn't respond when I'm tired .
Lysistrata Jones trying to Tour?!?!?
 Jun 3 2012, 01:27:12 AM
Yeah, It would do great on the college scene! Loved it too.
Elf: Christmas 2012
 Jun 3 2012, 01:21:05 AM
Really enjoyed Elf - especially the music. I listen to the soundtrack all the time.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You