News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for TalksAboutBruno

TalksAboutBruno Profile Photo
Member Name: TalksAboutBruno
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Sarah Paulson wants to tackle The Goat , or Who Is Sylvia by Edward Albee next
 Jun 4 2024, 04:41:51 PM

Always surprised that this play isn't produced more.

I'm dreaming of Sarah Paulson and Robert Downey Jr. He has the charm that the role really needs.

Albums that should be made into Musicals
 Apr 28 2024, 10:28:58 PM

Any word on Aimee Mann's "The Forgotten Arm" adaptation? I'm still waiting for some sort of out of town tryout.

Tyne Daly Withdraws From DOUBT, Amy Ryan To Replace
 Feb 6 2024, 05:40:58 PM

Interested in how a younger Sister Eloysius changes the power dynamics with Liev. With zero disrespect to Tyne Daly, this is a fabulous last-minute replacement.

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
 Feb 1 2024, 03:21:36 PM

Universal Orlando just announced a huge expansion. If the film is a hit (I'm sure it will be), I'd bet that we get an official ride (flying in bubbles, riding on broomsticks...). They could cash in on merch for years and years.

O'Connell & Coon in Cromer-helmed AUGUST: OSAGE COUNTY reading
 Nov 10 2023, 11:35:09 AM

My brain thought Jodie Comer instead of "Cromer" and I screamed.

MEAN GIRLS Movie Musical - News & Discussion Thread
 Nov 8 2023, 03:52:47 PM

Idk y'all... I think it looks great. Would I have loved some music? Yeah. But the energy and tone seem spot on.

Renee Rapp has developed quite a following. I bet more people know her outside of broadway at this point (completely flipped from a year ago). If there is an agreement with SAG and she is allowed to promote, this could be a modest money maker for Paramount. I'm sure at minimum it will break even.

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 10/22/23
 Oct 25 2023, 01:08:34 PM

While this could have been the Daniel Radcliffe or the Jonathan Groff show, marketing has been very clear in that all three have equal billing. The trio of them have done a slew of interviews as a group, all highlighting their chemistry as a trio (note they gave Lindsay Mendez first chair next to Stephen Colbert which I thought was super classy). Initial money and pre-sales might have been for one of the more mainstream "stars", but I'm sensing a shift in buyers wanting to see a

Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
 Aug 29 2023, 03:57:31 PM

Owen22 said: "As a fan of theatre as well as a HUGE fan of Constance...I'm a little disappointed. Not that she's doing the show, I will finally, definitely make a return visit. But...

Now, if it were an Emma Stone situation, Emma was and is a huge star who chose to be a first replacement Sally out of, I'm sure, tons of other offers. Or she just had some downtime between films.

But I have noticed, after being brilliant in Crazy Rich Asians (as a leadi

Pay The Writer @ Pershing Square
 Aug 21 2023, 02:57:51 PM

Any buzz on Pay The Writer? Big fan of Marcia Cross from her Desperate Housewives days.

MEAN GIRLS Movie Musical - News & Discussion Thread
 Aug 4 2023, 08:29:41 PM

Anybody know if this wrapped production or if it was shut down?

Jon M. Chu will direct a movie-musical adaptation of JOSEPH...DREAMCOAT for Amazon
 Apr 12 2023, 01:39:13 PM

We are never gonna get a Crazy Rich Asians 2

Sorkin and Sher to revive CAMELOT for Broadway
 Apr 11 2023, 11:49:35 AM

Ensemble1681133217 said: "The acting was fine throughout. Soo was the closest to a standout for me. I can't say I'm fully aboard the Andrew Burnap performance. By the end you see a transformation into the King we all know about. But for the rest of the show, it was a little too wishy washy for me. That lack of machismo threw off the love triangle for me. Neither of the men exuded that heat that this cold production needs"

This seems to be on purpose -

Hilty, Simard, and More Will Lead a Private Reading Of DEATH BECOMES H
 Apr 11 2023, 11:16:07 AM

Exciting! Hoping that Nicole Scherzinger is able to see this through to Broadway.

Sorkin and Sher to revive CAMELOT for Broadway
 Apr 11 2023, 10:14:58 AM

Saw this late last week. Bartlett Sher's South Pacific is one of my top 10 productions I have seen in NYC. Any big revival of his at Lincoln Center is such a treat. This, however, is not it.

My biggest complaint is that it just doesn't seem to be directed as a musical. Maybe because of the script updates by Sorkin, but the direction calls for the book to do all the heavy lifting. Every musical number seems like an afterthought with a direction to get back to the book as quickly

Will we ever see a Broadway revival of August: Osage County?
 Apr 7 2023, 08:24:33 AM

I'm dreaming about a Brothers and Sisters reunion with Sally Field as Violet and Calista Flockhart as Barbara.

The Official TDF Thread
 Mar 30 2023, 11:13:28 AM

"I've seen two operas at the Met via TDF and both had fabulous orchestra seats. Both were weeknight shows. For PORGY (a popular title), I was probably about 3/4 of the way back in the house, a few seats in from the farthest side aisle. For a less-popular title, I was in Row L on the side but closer to the center. As with anything TDF it's gonna be hit or miss depending on the demand for the show, but I'd certainly take the chance on TDF again before buying $50 seats in th

The Official TDF Thread
 Mar 30 2023, 10:45:19 AM

Morning All :) Anybody have experience with TDF tickets for the Metropolitan Opera? Thinking about purchasing, but would rather not be too far back. Thanks!

SHUCKED On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
 Mar 23 2023, 09:07:24 AM

Also saw this show with what I assumed was a heavily papered (a lot of broadway folk on their day off) audience and was pretty underwhelmed. While most of the jokes are very funny, 90% of them seem to be in the wrong show and do nothing to advance narrative, develop any sort of character, or expand the world.

The irreverence of all the humor is just begging you to not take the show seriously, but to sit back, turn your brain off, and have a good time. Honestly, it seems l

Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
 Dec 9 2022, 07:56:11 AM

Morning :) Lucky enough to catch this a few days ago. Walked into the show not knowing too much about it besides the basics.

What a fantastic production of such a flawed show, and I mean that in the best possible way. The entire 2 1/2 hours had me (and the entire audience) in the palm of its hands. However, after thinking about it for about thirty seconds after it finished, the flaws in the script are massive.

The three leads do wonderful work. Groff

What is the highlight of your theatre going experiences?
 Sep 14 2022, 09:54:41 AM

Love all of this :) :) 

- Natasha, Pierre in the tent off-broadway. A true star is born performance from Phillipa Soo. Incredible score and impeccable direction.

- Seeing Idina fly during one of the first previews of Wicked. Maybe I'm basic... but I cried haha

- Eve Best in The Homecoming. I was so shaken at the end that I could not leave my seat.

- Eurydice at Second Stage. Ugly crying for the last 15 minutes. I ushered five times and it always was magica

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You