News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for InnerMonologue

InnerMonologue Profile Photo
Member Name: InnerMonologue
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

NY City Center Encores 2024 season: ONCE UPON A MATTRESS with Sutton Foster (adapted by Amy Sherman-Palladino), JELLY'S LAST JAM, and TITANIC
 Nov 1 2023, 02:36:06 PM

Yes, last night's dress started around 7:40p and ended around 10:20p. Tony Goldwyn and Savion Glover briefly spoke pre-show and explained that the song list was changing up to a few hours beforehand, so we should use the provided QR code to see the most updated song list, instead of what was printed on the handout. Seems like a lot of active edits happening. 

Laura Osnes?
 Apr 22 2019, 03:15:47 PM

Believe it or not, Laura just did the recent developmental sessions for DON'T STOP 'TIL YOU GET ENOUGH. Unclear as to which role. Seems odd, but lot can happen between now and summer 2020.

king kong broadway cd
 Apr 19 2019, 01:03:29 PM

At present, no cast recording will be created. However, a few numbers that heavily feature Ann will be recorded (with some additional material that's not in the show) and distributed to Tony voters.

Second Stage Musical Concerts - L5Y, N2N, Dogfight, Saturday Night
 Mar 14 2019, 03:12:25 PM

JSquared2 said: "I'd say that whoever is "producing" this series is doing a halfassed job of it -- but that would be giving them far too much credit!"

I agree!!! Last week, my source told me Jeremy Jordan was likely playing Eddie in Dogfight. But this lack of announcement could mean anything goes...

Audra returning to Broadway...?
 Sep 20 2018, 04:57:36 PM

It is definitely Terrence McNally

Waitress broadway Dr. Pomatter
 Aug 7 2018, 05:41:42 PM

"Brandon is definitely the HOTTEST out of all the guys that have played dr pom"

Holy S**T... just googled...you were not joking... !!

Freaky Friday Disney Channel soundtrack
 Jul 31 2018, 02:41:28 PM

Was at the premiere last night at the Beacon and only 10 (ish) songs make it into the Disney Channel adaptation. Also, I believe the speech beforehand informed us that a new finale was written for this film. But Heidi is truly the standout- hilarious and pipes of steel.

LSOH Kennedy Center
 Apr 16 2018, 05:35:56 PM

JSquared2 said: "Any particular reason?"

Nope! Just think it would be interesting.

LSOH Kennedy Center
 Apr 16 2018, 05:13:54 PM

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for an actress of color to play Audrey!!

HEAD OVER HEELS at the Curran - Reviews
 Apr 13 2018, 05:29:38 PM

newintown said: "Other than the infamous Rebecca, has there been a Broadway show in the last 20 years or so that never played a performance, despite front of house going up (like it is for Head Over Heels)?"

Does NERDS fall into this category?

Actors' Equity Launches Campaign For Tony Awards Categories To Recognize Broadway Ensembles
 Apr 11 2018, 12:52:15 PM

I agree, I would love these ensembles to be better honored for their hard work, but can you imagine how many more actors being billed as "Tony Award nominee/winner..."? There's gotta be a better way! :/

Tee Boyich: Mean Girls Understudy Goddess
 Mar 20 2018, 11:43:46 AM

Tee has also been involved with the show since the first readings and labs (she originally played Cady!). So, she definitely has had a lot of familiarity with the material, but wow, it's still very impressive!

Come From Away rush
 Mar 2 2018, 04:51:25 PM

I went to the box office around 3:00-3:30pm on Tuesday (2/27) and got 2 standing room tickets that were dead center. $32/each, I believe

Ladychrist Ladystar @ Highline Ballroom
 Jan 17 2017, 01:16:07 PM

Incredible, as expected! Seriously amazing vocals from pretty much everyone- they killed it! Great opportunity for these powerhouses to rock out on the score. Keala Settle did not appear, so Peter was played by Pearl Sun. Minor shout outs to Shayna Steele (Simon) and Alex Newell (Mary), who were just phenomenal! There were quite a few sound and lighting issues throughout the night (mics going in and out, or not turned on during a song; lights would darken on the performers occa

Best Confrontational/Argumentative Duets?
 Dec 27 2016, 04:48:32 PM

haha, I happen to love "Dotty and Caroline" from Caroline, Or Change... it frequents my mind often.

ONCE ON THIS ISLAND Returning to Broadway
 Dec 15 2016, 09:50:47 AM

The cast for the reading is pretty much a blend of actors from "The Color Purple" and "Spring Awakening". Carrie Compere is Asaka. (Cynthia, however, is not currently involved).

Cher: The Musical
 Nov 17 2016, 04:49:13 PM

Charlie to the Lunt-Fontanne
 Oct 13 2016, 01:57:29 PM

Yes, the recent lab productions used adults as the kids (per Jack O'Brien's new concept), with the exception of Charlie. Additional of note casting: Lisa O'Hare was Mrs. Bucket, Jackie Hoffman was Mrs. Teavee, F. Michael Haynie was Augustus, and actually Trista Dollison was Violet.

Top Hat Coming to Broadway?
 Oct 13 2016, 01:47:06 PM

A source from RKO Stage informed me about a month ago that they are planning to open on broadway in the 2017-2018 season. They want to strengthen the book material I believe in the meantime.

Cynthia Erivo's last day in The Color Purple
 Sep 8 2016, 12:09:29 PM

Cynthia's current contract term is only through mid-November at the moment. But I agree with dramamama that they'll probably extend/keep her as long as possible.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You