News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for rhdery

rhdery Profile Photo
Member Name: rhdery
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Male Showstoppers  Jul 21 2013, 09:01:14 PM
The Sex is in the Heel from Kinky Boots is a great song.
Male Showstoppers  Jul 19 2013, 08:30:35 PM
What Kind of Fool am I?

The Kid Inside

I Believe

Thoughts & Positive Vibes for Jane Lynch  Jul 15 2013, 07:06:28 PM
I saw her at Broadway Barks Saturday helping to find homes for and save the lives of abandoned animals. She is awesome badness on parade and the fact she is doing for others at such a tough time shows her stuff.
Weinstein Company pursues PIPPIN the Movie  Apr 17 2013, 02:10:04 AM
I hope they do it. I have been bored to death with film lately, and whether the end product worked or didn't, I am actually excited about the idea-- and I would love to see all the circus elements from the new staging brought into any film.

An imperfect Pippin adaption would be better than 2/3 of the movies released any given year- so let the film be made! But I do require that Ben Vereen at least gets a cameo.

Disney's next stage venture: THE JUNGLE BOOK directed by Mary Zimmerman  Apr 17 2013, 02:02:13 AM
Zimmerman will at least do things that are interesting. I am certain of that-- whether anything ever clicks or not is beyond me, though. I rarely manage to get it right when I try and guess what will or won't do box office.

But I do like that Disney seems to have, at least in this case, recognized that the best bet involved turning projects over to vibrant talents and letting them run.

Joe Iconis and Family at 54 Below  Apr 16 2013, 10:46:56 PM
Here's the set-list from the program, DramaTeach!

The Whiskey Song
Lonely Woman
Everybody's At the Bar (Without Me)
Jeff
The Protector
Honey
Veliciraptor
Head Shot
Kevin
Party Hat
The Dirty Little Things
Broadway, Here I Come (featured on Smash)
Flesh and Bone
Lisa
Find the Bastard
The Goodbye Song

Kevin was sung by Andrew Rennels, who was the special guest for the evening.

Joe Iconis and Family at 54 Below  Apr 16 2013, 06:50:17 PM
Saw Iconis and Family at 54 Below Monday night, and it was a truly wonderful experience. The family is full of great actor-singers, and they bring a tremendous amount of energy and love to the room, performing Iconis' original material with total commitment.

I think there are still tickets left for the shows later this month, and it is well-worth the visit for great performances and fun times.

It was also the youngest crowd I have seen there by far, which excites me, as I th

Motown has 16 million dollar box office advance.  Apr 12 2013, 08:00:14 PM
Awesome. Congrats to the team!
Am I The Only One That Disliked  Apr 12 2013, 07:59:22 PM
I am inclined to see it after the rave reviews, but the creative team came across as pompous and stupid in their NYTimes piece. They blabbered about how they had considered dumbing the show down for Americans, but had decided against it.

Casting blanket aspersions at one's potential audience didn't strike me as a hallmark of intelligence or good manners.

I am half hoping that in the preshow announcements a pompous British gas bag comes on and says, "Dear stupid Americans. Tha

Me too  Apr 12 2013, 07:44:31 PM
I loved the performances. The premise did not interest me that much, but I had heard good things about the production so wanted to see it before it closed. There were several times the actors brought tears to my eyes because their performances were so raw and emotional. I grew up in a hick town where having a future meant getting out, and I could relate to a lot of the characters.

I wonder if in fact the show wasn't a little too true to life. In times where just about everyone has to

Ever After: The Musical?  Mar 15 2013, 11:22:37 PM
A CD mentioned to me the other day he was expecting the show to make it to hit Broadway. Just for what it's worth. I do love H&G and think it would be great if it happens.
Oz movie is successful, Wicked movie unlikely  Mar 12 2013, 05:32:16 PM
I think whoever has the Wicked film rights must be kicking themselves right now for letting Disney beat them to the box office.

I personally am ambivalent about a Wicked movie. It is such a perfect theatrical musical that a film can only be a let down. I think it is so perfect and beautiful as it is that I would rather it remained forever a stage show.

Of course, all shows close, and it would be a gift to those many many people who don't have the money to see the stage show

Comedy Songs.....  Mar 6 2013, 11:55:50 PM
Big Ass Rock from Full Monty is a very funny song but for three men.

You Rule My World from the same show is also super-funny and a duet.

I Just Baptized Her from Book of Mormon is a funny duet for one male and one female.

When You Love Someone It Makes You Want To Kill Them from Avenue Q is a duet for two females.

The Song That Goes Like This from Spamalot for a man and a woman.

I Hmmnnnnn You by Pasek and Paul

15 Pounds is a very funny song

To See a Preview Or Not: That Is the Question  Mar 4 2013, 12:37:43 PM

I am struggling with this myself as I would like to see everything all the time, but due to budget limitations I usually wait because I can't afford to see shows multiple times. I am trying my best to be patient.

Once is well-worth seeing, though, and I would strongly advise giving it a chance.

Patti: Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda Played the part at 54 Below...  Feb 14 2013, 07:02:01 AM
I saw the show Tuesday, and it was really great. In addition to previously mentioned The Way You Look Tonight and -- I Don't Do Anything Twice. She told lots of funny stories and was very loose and playful. Just a really memorable night.

Wish I could help on the ticket. You could always call them about a wait list.

Spring 2013...what are you most excited to see?  Feb 8 2013, 08:35:26 PM
Pippin... Kinky Boots... Memphis...
The Addams Family non-Equity tour produced by Phoenix - publicity photos  Feb 8 2013, 08:32:56 PM
I am hearing good things as well. The cast is bringing it.
PUMP BOYS AND DINETTES canceled...?  Feb 8 2013, 08:30:23 PM
For what it's worth I am pretty sure they were still rehearsing this week, so hopefully they do simply postpone .
I like it!  Jan 28 2013, 08:03:22 PM
Hats off and all the best to the creative team. It is always wonderful when people get together and create a show.
Seeking Help re one person plays  Jan 19 2013, 06:03:47 PM
Yes! Zero Hour, and he was great! Thanks for the help on the title.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You