pixeltracker

Chenoweth To Star In Dolly Parton Biopic

Chenoweth To Star In Dolly Parton Biopic

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#1Chenoweth To Star In Dolly Parton Biopic
Posted: 11/27/06 at 11:49am

Sorry if this is a repeat thread.

Dolly Parton has approved of casting Kristin Chenoweth as herself in an upcoming biopic.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news06/061127e.php

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

Garland Grrrl Profile Photo
Garland Grrrl
#1re: Chenoweth To Star In Dolly Parton Biopic
Posted: 11/27/06 at 11:51am

i thought cheno was going to play dusty springfield?

Mind is Mantra.

SueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
#2re: Chenoweth To Star In Dolly Parton Biopic
Posted: 11/27/06 at 11:55am

TNT does some really good television films. I am sure this will be great.

PEACE.

EponineAmneris Profile Photo
EponineAmneris
#3re: Chenoweth To Star In Dolly Parton Biopic
Posted: 11/27/06 at 12:09pm

I can see this working re: Chenoweth To Star In Dolly Parton Biopic Should be pretty fun!

"TO LOVE ANOTHER PERSON IS TO SEE THE FACE OF GOD"- LES MISERABLES--- "THERE'S A SPECIAL KIND OF PEOPLE KNOWN AS SHOW PEOPLE... WE'RE BORN EVERY NIGHT AT HALF HOUR CALL!"--- CURTAINS

mattnyc2 Profile Photo
mattnyc2
#4re: Chenoweth To Star In Dolly Parton Biopic
Posted: 11/27/06 at 12:14pm

Love Chenoweth and love Dolly, so I'm really looking forward to this. It seems as though Kristin will have some big "shoes" to fill, if you know what I mean.

folkyboy Profile Photo
folkyboy
#5re: Chenoweth To Star In Dolly Parton Biopic
Posted: 11/27/06 at 12:18pm

i think that's great! i'm a huge Dolly Parton fan

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#6re: Chenoweth To Star In Dolly Parton Biopic
Posted: 11/27/06 at 12:25pm

You know I love Chenoweth. I think she's brilliant. But I don't understand all these musical bio pics she's been attached to. Unless she is playing these women from age 35 onward, she's too old. Dolly is a better fit though for sure. She's totally wrong for Dusty Springfield.

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#7re: Chenoweth To Star In Dolly Parton Biopic
Posted: 11/27/06 at 12:28pm

'Big Shoes'?

I'm sure I don't know what you mean, Matt.....

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

mejusthavingfun Profile Photo
mejusthavingfun
#8re: Chenoweth To Star In Dolly Parton Biopic
Posted: 11/27/06 at 12:33pm

Awesome!

AlmostFamous2 Profile Photo
AlmostFamous2
#9re: Chenoweth To Star In Dolly Parton Biopic
Posted: 11/27/06 at 1:01pm

I think this is hilarious.

My friend Jon will be happy because he is in love with Kristin Chenoweth and he likes Dolly Parton too.

Jon
#10re: Chenoweth To Star In Dolly Parton Biopic
Posted: 11/27/06 at 1:03pm

re: Chenoweth To Star In Dolly Parton Biopic

She looks quite ready to fill Dolly's... shoes.

bk
#11re: Chenoweth To Star In Dolly Parton Biopic
Posted: 11/27/06 at 1:03pm

Not to be argumentative, but did anyone actually read what was written. This is something someone wrote on some blog, not an official announcement. No one has been signed to do anything. I think I'll go write that Kristin will be starring in a biopic of me. I'll post it and then everyone will believe it and I'll be the talk of the town.

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#12re: Chenoweth To Star In Dolly Parton Biopic
Posted: 11/27/06 at 1:20pm

That listing says nothing new. Dolly gave a formal nod to Kristin years ago and the project is earmarked for Cheno. However, there are no new developments, no script, no contracts. Dolly is touring Europe and working on the musical version of 9 to 5. The bio-pic is on hold. The best source for current, correct Dolly info is www.dolly-online.com.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#13re: Chenoweth To Star In Dolly Parton Biopic
Posted: 11/27/06 at 1:27pm

re: Chenoweth To Star In Dolly Parton Biopic

Genius casting. No other performer can come close to what Kristin can bring to the plate. I can already picture her in those costumes -- people will start making comments about how much she looks like her, etc.

Thank God that Dusty Springfield biopic remained stagnant. Kristin as Dusty is the most far-fetched idea ever suggested.

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#14re: Chenoweth To Star In Dolly Parton Biopic
Posted: 11/27/06 at 2:14pm

I do agree Cheno is beyong ideal and was made for this part. If Dolly goes the Coal Miner's Daughter route and adds some grit and less saccharin, maybe a theatrical release would warrant an Oscar nod. I would hate for the film to end up a campy, made for Lifetime flick. Both women deserve better. Dolly's life h as not been easy and Kristin is a great actress that could play that.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

kasim Profile Photo
kasim
#15re: Chenoweth To Star In Dolly Parton Biopic
Posted: 11/27/06 at 2:59pm

Eh she is probably trying to get air time ... its a good role she can sparkle at .... which could lead to other itmes.

Although she is descently established.

mattnyc2 Profile Photo
mattnyc2
#16re: Chenoweth To Star In Dolly Parton Biopic
Posted: 11/27/06 at 3:36pm

Never imagined Kristin singing country, but somehow I think it will work.

And I stand corrected about Kristin's "shoe" size. I guess big things come in small packages.

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#17re: Chenoweth To Star In Dolly Parton Biopic
Posted: 11/27/06 at 3:37pm

"It seems as though Kristin will have some big "shoes" to fill, if you know what I mean."

Yes we know Kristin has big boobs, er, shoes to fill.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

mattnyc2 Profile Photo
mattnyc2
#18re: Chenoweth To Star In Dolly Parton Biopic
Posted: 11/27/06 at 3:49pm

Boobs? Who said anything about boobs? I was merely referring to the above average size of Dolly's feet.

Some people must have boobs on the brain. re: Chenoweth To Star In Dolly Parton Biopic

StephenSondheimWHOO Profile Photo
StephenSondheimWHOO
#19re: Chenoweth To Star In Dolly Parton Biopic
Posted: 11/27/06 at 5:30pm

millie you perv!

theaterdude87 Profile Photo
theaterdude87
#20re: Chenoweth To Star In Dolly Parton Biopic
Posted: 11/27/06 at 6:17pm

she will be so great.

for fierce, fabulous and fun times visit eric mathew's world. http://ericmathew.blogspot.com/

sidwich
#21re: Chenoweth To Star In Dolly Parton Biopic
Posted: 11/27/06 at 6:40pm

I remember seeing her on a local morning show when she was promoting one of the films she did recently (I think it was "RV"), and the Dolly project was mentioned. The interviewer cajoled her into singing a few bars, and she did a bit of "Here You Come Again" in her best Dolly impression. It was quite cute.

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#22re: Chenoweth To Star In Dolly Parton Biopic
Posted: 11/27/06 at 6:50pm

She's perfect, physically and vocally.

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

Becoz_i_knew_you21 Profile Photo
Becoz_i_knew_you21
#23re: Chenoweth To Star In Dolly Parton Biopic
Posted: 11/27/06 at 7:00pm

"I remember seeing her on a local morning show when she was promoting one of the films she did recently (I think it was "RV"), and the Dolly project was mentioned. The interviewer cajoled her into singing a few bars, and she did a bit of "Here You Come Again" in her best Dolly impression. It was quite cute."

I think I saw that on the unmentionable site. It was cute and I have a lot of faith in her if she does this role.

alicia_11212 Profile Photo
alicia_11212
#24re: Chenoweth To Star In Dolly Parton Biopic
Posted: 11/27/06 at 7:22pm

Dolly was in town last week (Toronto), and actually spoke to this, about how Cheno she was "born to play the role" or something. It was in the Star on the 23rd, I believe. Can't find a link at the moment.

Speaking of, poor Cheno getting hurt in a technical run for "Apple Tree". Goodness! What ****ty luck she has. First a neck injury over a hair flip, now this. Let's all wish her a speedy recovery!!

"We all get blue, I say, Hang on tight, I'll be your bodyguard." -Tick, tick..BOOM!

Videos