A Chorus Line iTunes Release

hyperchet Profile Photo
hyperchet
#1A Chorus Line iTunes Release
Posted: 12/27/06 at 9:58pm

Could anyone who bought iTunes version of the new "a chorus line" please PM me? i bought the actual cd, and i wanted to get the two karaoke tracks on the end, but they only come on the itunes version. please pm...

"Needless to say the crew is well acquainted with my ass and that's ok because they are the coolest guys ever." - Idina Menzel

sondhead
#2re: A Chorus Line iTunes Release
Posted: 12/27/06 at 10:10pm

Why don't you buy it on iTunes? It's 10 bucks and then you're being legal and supporting the people who made those tracks available.

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#2re: A Chorus Line iTunes Release
Posted: 12/27/06 at 10:27pm

Not even 10 bucks. If you already bought the CD, all you need is the two karaoke tracks which you can buy on iTunes for 2 dollars.

Boq101
#3re: A Chorus Line iTunes Release
Posted: 12/27/06 at 10:41pm

Those recordings only come when you buy the entire cd, not just the songs, like the rest of the show. It's annoying.

husk_charmer
#4re: A Chorus Line iTunes Release
Posted: 12/27/06 at 10:51pm

The release of the Revival recording was very badly handled, and while I can understand the need to support the community by purchasing it, it is RIDICULOUS to ask us to purchase it 3 times. I for one prefer to have the actual CD Case and liner notes and CD, versus purchasing online. Now, if it's my only option to do it online, so be it. That said, I don't have these tracks, however, save yourself the trouble of the ones on iTunes, and go find the Karaoke CD, it's about 12 bucks, and you get all the songs (minus "And...").

http://www.youtube.com/huskcharmer

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#5re: A Chorus Line iTunes Release
Posted: 12/27/06 at 10:55pm

"Those recordings only come when you buy the entire cd, not just the songs, like the rest of the show. It's annoying."

Sorry, my mistake. I forgot about that detail.

hyperchet Profile Photo
hyperchet
#6re: A Chorus Line iTunes Release
Posted: 12/28/06 at 2:33pm

Yeah, I have absolutely NO PROBLEM with buying from iTunes. I do it all the time. I already bought the ACL cd, from a real store, but the instrumental tracks dont come with it. And I don't want to have to REBUY the whole entire album if I already have it just for two songs. If someone has those two songs, I was wondering if they would send them to me.
Thanks.
Peace.

"Needless to say the crew is well acquainted with my ass and that's ok because they are the coolest guys ever." - Idina Menzel

Lizzya9
#7re: A Chorus Line iTunes Release
Posted: 12/28/06 at 4:45pm

I bought the CD on iTunes the second it released & it came with the bonus tracks, but then the next day there was a new thing added to it, the Digital Booklet, which was Album Only! Ughh I was soo pissed off!!

chrrymn
#8re: A Chorus Line iTunes Release
Posted: 12/28/06 at 6:59pm

iTunes can def. be frustrating! One album I bought came with an interactive booklet, now it doesn't even play anymore. They should make the "album only" tracks/extras $.50 more or something.

::Sarah::
"Mrs. Lovett, how I did without you all these years I'll never know!"

Boq101
#9re: A Chorus Line iTunes Release
Posted: 12/28/06 at 7:05pm

Not to mention that on their Hairspray album YCSTB is actually not there, it's part of two songs instead, makes no sense.

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#10re: A Chorus Line iTunes Release
Posted: 12/28/06 at 7:08pm

What two karaoke tracks are on there?

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#11re: A Chorus Line iTunes Release
Posted: 12/28/06 at 7:15pm

Buy the actual CD! Your retirement fund will thank you in 50 years.

SallyBrown Profile Photo
SallyBrown
#12re: A Chorus Line iTunes Release
Posted: 12/28/06 at 7:17pm

Yeah ACL didn't work when I bought it off of iTunes. It downloaded missing like 4 tracks. This was like 3 months ago. I keep trying to retrieve them but they're not there. I'm not the only one this happened too - but it's only for the ACL Cd. How strange. I hate it because I wanted "What I Did For Love" and I didn't get it. Even though I was charged fully.

"It's a great feeling of power to be naked in front of people. We're happy to watch actual incredible graphic violence and gore, but as soon as somebody's naked it seems like the public goes a bit bananas about the whole thing."

Adam Chris Profile Photo
Adam Chris
#13re: A Chorus Line iTunes Release
Posted: 12/28/06 at 7:56pm

What is "And"?

SallyBrown Profile Photo
SallyBrown
#14re: A Chorus Line iTunes Release
Posted: 12/28/06 at 7:58pm

Come again?

"It's a great feeling of power to be naked in front of people. We're happy to watch actual incredible graphic violence and gore, but as soon as somebody's naked it seems like the public goes a bit bananas about the whole thing."

alicia_11212 Profile Photo
alicia_11212
#15re: A Chorus Line iTunes Release
Posted: 12/28/06 at 7:59pm

Umm.. I didn't have a problem buying the karaoke tracks on their own- looks to me like they're still both on sale individually- both WIDFL and One (reprise). Maybe it's just a itunes.com thing. Looks like you just need to get it from a Canadian :)

"We all get blue, I say, Hang on tight, I'll be your bodyguard." -Tick, tick..BOOM!

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#16re: A Chorus Line iTunes Release
Posted: 12/28/06 at 8:01pm

Wasn't there a song recorded but not on the cd? I can't find it on itunes though. Weren't they supposed to put it on there too?

Menken Fan Profile Photo
Menken Fan
#17re: A Chorus Line iTunes Release
Posted: 12/28/06 at 8:30pm

"And" is a bonus track, which I think is available exclusively on Rhapsody.
Rhapsody Exclusive - A Chorus Line

neddyfrank2
#18re: A Chorus Line iTunes Release
Posted: 12/28/06 at 8:33pm

What is "And"?

"And" is a song in the show just like all the others, except for some reason it has never been recorded (until now) and released as part of a full CD. The only difference with AND and the rest of the songs is that their is a bunch of dialogue in the middle of it.

Lizzya9
#19re: A Chorus Line iTunes Release
Posted: 12/28/06 at 8:35pm

The karaoke tracks were "What I Did For Love" and "One"

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#20re: A Chorus Line iTunes Release
Posted: 12/28/06 at 9:11pm

Thanks for the Rhapsody link. I've been searching high and low for "And".

Videos