Gale Harold...I love this dude!

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#0Gale Harold...I love this dude!
Posted: 10/22/06 at 3:11pm

Gale Harold...I love this dude!

Great interview...

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/102890.html

"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher

Fiction Writer Profile Photo
Fiction Writer
#1re: Gale Harold...I love this dude!
Posted: 10/22/06 at 3:27pm

I love him too!
Thanks for this link.

TomMonster Profile Photo
TomMonster
#2re: Gale Harold...I love this dude!
Posted: 10/22/06 at 3:32pm

Nice interview and hot photo! (What's it from?)

Thanks, Phantom!

"It's not so much do what you like, as it is that you like what you do." SS

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana." GMarx

blueroses
#3re: Gale Harold...I love this dude!
Posted: 10/22/06 at 3:49pm

He's gorgeous! The one reason I missed losing Showtime from my cable package.

Fiction Writer
#4re: Gale Harold...I love this dude!
Posted: 10/22/06 at 3:58pm

I know this doesn't really matter, but is he gay?
He played Brian Kenny so well.

TomMonster Profile Photo
TomMonster
#5re: Gale Harold...I love this dude!
Posted: 10/22/06 at 4:01pm

Unfortunately, I've heard that he's straight. But...never trust a man who wears make-up!

"It's not so much do what you like, as it is that you like what you do." SS

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana." GMarx

alicia_11212 Profile Photo
alicia_11212
#6re: Gale Harold...I love this dude!
Posted: 10/22/06 at 4:16pm

It's Brian *Kinney*. And he is straight. But I don't see how him being a good actor makes it too "unbelievable" for him to be straight- it's just acting. If you think about it, it's really no different than playing a straight guy- he just had more style and honesty. I'm kidding... mostly.

Gale Harold is very delicious, though. I remember when he came in to my work one day a couple of years ago, and we all freaked out and dove behind a pillar, because we were all too chicken and in shock to approach him.

"We all get blue, I say, Hang on tight, I'll be your bodyguard." -Tick, tick..BOOM!

Heybeenfood Profile Photo
Heybeenfood
#7re: Gale Harold...I love this dude!
Posted: 10/22/06 at 4:44pm

I just came back from Suddenly Last Summer and as he says he hasn't caught a grasp on the character yet, but I am sure he will improve over the course of previews.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#8re: Gale Harold...I love this dude!
Posted: 10/22/06 at 5:21pm

All the references on QaF about how hot he was made me laugh. I never thought he was that attractive (and still don't).

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Fiction Writer
#9re: Gale Harold...I love this dude!
Posted: 10/22/06 at 6:33pm

I don't care *how* you spell his name.
Anyway, he's attractive, even though his face is kinda squishy.

Someday Profile Photo
Someday
#10re: Gale Harold...I love this dude!
Posted: 10/23/06 at 4:43pm

Hmmm. He's right that he doesn't have a grasp on the character yet. Carla's acting him off the stage. But, that's what previews are for, I guess.

Jovie24 Profile Photo
Jovie24
#11re: Gale Harold...I love this dude!
Posted: 10/23/06 at 4:49pm

LOL...Gale is not gay. He is one of the few that is not gay from QAF. He has a wife and I beleive I read somewhere he has a kid along the way...

Jovie

"Now the best way to learn the theater, always, is to be a stage manager" -Stephen Sondheim

HughE2030 Profile Photo
HughE2030
#12re: Gale Harold...I love this dude!
Posted: 10/23/06 at 4:54pm

I think most of the actors were straight. The guy who played Michael, Brian, Ted and both girls.

www.ConfessionsofaPaparazzi.com

bbabe24
#13re: Gale Harold...I love this dude!
Posted: 10/23/06 at 7:32pm

Gale is attractive, but not as cute as Hal. To me, anyway, Hal is hot, despite what I've heard from some about his personality.

"Crabby old b*tches are the bedrock of this nation." --Mrs. T, Avenue Q

BroadwayBaby6 Profile Photo
BroadwayBaby6
#14re: Gale Harold...I love this dude!
Posted: 10/23/06 at 8:21pm

I can only hope his acting has improved since QAF. His flat line readings made the show unwatchable.

"It does what a musical is supposed to do; it takes you to another world. And it gives you a little tune to carry in your head. Something to take you away from the dreary horrors of the real world. A little something for when you're feeling blue. You know?"

sally1112 Profile Photo
sally1112
#15re: Gale Harold...I love this dude!
Posted: 10/23/06 at 8:32pm

I would certainly marry this guy...if Patrick Wilson and I weren't so blissfully happy!!!

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#16re: Gale Harold...I love this dude!
Posted: 10/23/06 at 11:03pm

re: Gale Harold...I love this dude!

Sexy back!

"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher

TabooWickedFan Profile Photo
TabooWickedFan
#17re: Gale Harold...I love this dude!
Posted: 10/23/06 at 11:12pm

I just saw Suddenly Last Summer last night and he did do a wonderful job, and the whole cast is so talented.

Heybeenfood- When you saw it did he come out of the stage door? I would love to catch him to tell how wonderful he is in the show but he did not come out last. Thanks so much.

"But I relish every brillant inspired moment. This is who I'm determined to be- an actor/singer/dancer-no, I take that back, this is who I am. These people are my tribe, my destiny. I know it. -How I Paid for College; A story of sex, theft, friendship and musical theater.

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#18re: Gale Harold...I love this dude!
Posted: 10/24/06 at 12:57am

I can only hope his acting has improved since QAF. His flat line readings made the show unwatchable.

Well, the writers didn't exactly give him quality material to work with. What may have appeared to be bad acting on QAF was simply the actors struggling with the horrendous writing. I applaud them all for surviving it.

(Oh, and Gale is hot as all fuck.)

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)
Updated On: 10/24/06 at 12:57 AM

broadwaygal3
#19re: Gale Harold...I love this dude!
Posted: 11/8/06 at 12:48am

Has anyone met him after the show? I'm wondering if he's
accessible to his fans. Thanks.

chrrymn
#20re: Gale Harold...I love this dude!
Posted: 11/8/06 at 11:52am

I saw the show last Saturday. There were about 10 of us waiting for Gale. The security guy was hilarious. He asked if we were waiting for Gale, which everyone was, and just shook his head, smiling, saying that everyone loves him. So we ask him if he usually comes out and signs. He said yes, but he doesn't like pictures. ... But we stood there for 45 minutes (in 40 degree weather!), for him never to show. And there was this one mother, daughter couple there who said Gale wasn't really nice at the stagedoor, anyway. The mom was a big fan and they've had him sign before.

::Sarah::
"Mrs. Lovett, how I did without you all these years I'll never know!"

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#21re: Gale Harold...I love this dude!
Posted: 11/8/06 at 12:14pm

I couldn't figure out why people thought he was so hot other than the fact that he starred on a gay series. He always had this weird haircut with funky sideburns that just looked like a bad wig to me. And there was nothing admirable about the character of Brian Kinney. I would never have known that he was hot if the show didn't tell me what an awesome stud he was every five minutes. In every episode. You can pretty much point out any male extras in the background of any episode and they are much hotter. It's like the entire town suffered from mass hallucinations. That whole series was a mess.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

Mother's Younger Brother Profile Photo
Mother's Younger Brother
#22re: Gale Harold...I love this dude!
Posted: 11/8/06 at 12:25pm

Agreed, 100% Mr. Matt. He never did a thing for me -- especially on QaF, where he played one of the most intensely unlikeable characters ever. And you're right. It didn't help that every other male character on that show was hotter.

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#23re: Gale Harold...I love this dude!
Posted: 11/8/06 at 1:25pm

Harold's performance is SLS is quite possibly the worst I've ever seen on a stage.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

Danielm
#24re: Gale Harold...I love this dude!
Posted: 11/8/06 at 1:57pm

I also never cared for him on Queer as Folk. I thought he was nasty and humorless--I could never figure out why all these guys would think he was so hot and want to hang around with him--unless they were total masochists with no self-esteem whatsoever. I don't think you can totally blame the writing either--it wasn't great but other peole on the cast (including some who weren't great actors) managed to inflict some life into their characters, especially Hal Sparks, Robert Gant, Peter Paige, Scott Lowell and Randy Harrison--I felt sorry for Harrison sometimes because he had to act so much opposit Harold. I think his lack of ability can also be proved by his performance on Vanished, which I guess was supposed to be brooding but just came off pouty and humorless.

Yes, we do need a third vampire musical.--Little Sally, Gypsy of the Year 2005.

Videos