News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for defygravity2oz

defygravity2oz Profile Photo
Member Name: defygravity2oz
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Favourite Stage Effect Ever Seen?
 Dec 24 2007, 11:57:23 PM
Tarzan's Shipwreck was pretty amazing. The rest of the show was just a mess though, too bad.

re: Alice Ripley and Brian D'Arcy James for Next to Normal
 Aug 18 2007, 09:02:54 PM
"I'm still amused that I stumbled onto casting information for this in my rinky-dink local community paper, when I've been searching the theater sites periodically since it was announced for Second Stage."

Haha. Yes. Rinky-dink. Im from Dayton and beleive it or not the Dayton City Paper is far from rinky-dink. They write about Alice (and other Bway stars) every once in a while actually. She grew up here and still has a lot of family in the area. My dad is friends with her parents (no, i

re: Todays matinee of Legally Blonde
 Aug 2 2007, 02:42:58 PM
thats very ironic! i saw Laura Bell Bundy in Wicked when she was Kristens u/s and her wig fell off during the performance! it was actually at curtain call and LBB was taking her Glinda crown off to put it on Idina and she ended up riping her entire wig off....it was pricless!
re: This is going to seem trivial, but: Tarzan Vs. Pirate Queen
 Jun 26 2007, 11:33:43 AM
The Pirate Queen was way better. The only reason Tarzan stayed around as long as it did was because it had an automatic fanbase since it was produced by Disney.
re: Eden Espinosa
 Apr 9 2007, 09:34:37 PM
OK, cool. that was a quicky!

Another question thats totally unrelated to the topic. Whens the Pirate Queen Cast Recording to be released? I really would love to hear how much has changed since the Chicago stint...

Eden Espinosa
 Apr 9 2007, 09:29:35 PM
Eden Espinosa is one of my favorite Broadway stars but, I haven't heard much of her since BKLYN and her stint in Wicked (in which she played one of the best Elphabas to date...) But, does anyone know what shes doing now? Ive heard she was participating in some benefit things here and there but will she being doing any shows soon? I kind of thought she might play in The Little Mermaid but, she's not (thank the lord..)
The Color PurpleTour
 Dec 10 2006, 02:18:05 PM
So, I'm gong to be in Chicago the week before The Color Purple opens. Does anyone know if they are going to have any preview performaces? Do they normally do that for tours?
DRS in Cincinnati
 Nov 1 2006, 03:37:23 PM
anyone know where i can gat the pre-sale password for Dirty Rotten Scoundrels tickets at Proter & gambell Hall in Cincinnatti??
re: Watching People Who Were Cast In Roles You Auditioned For And Lost
 Sep 22 2006, 03:19:39 PM
yes...its kinda snobbish not to...people need to except that person got the part for a reason...go see the show, see why they got the part and evaluate why you didn't...learn from your losses so you can win one here and there...thats what theatre's about anyway...you can always get the part you want...you keep trying and eventually a good part will come your way...
re: The Devil You Know
 Sep 19 2006, 05:38:19 PM
umm...ok..great and all but-

my audition is in less than a week and i'd like to listen to the song first. i also live in midwest conservative ohio and people around here have never heard of Broadway, much less carry CDs in their stores...so...a little help...

PLEASE!!!

CAN I GET JUST THE SONG ANYWHERE???

The Devil You Know
 Sep 18 2006, 06:07:54 PM
Does anyone knoe where I can purchase the song The Devil You Know for Side Show? The actual song, not the sheet music. iTunes doesn't haven't and I don't have time (or money) to go out and buy the CD...

<<<<>>>

re: How Much Longer for DRS?
 Aug 11 2006, 03:07:03 PM
for me, its a toss up. i think the producers have yet to pull out all the stops.

if you think about it, people intially saw DRS because of who was in it. (John Lithgow, Sherrie & Norbert) It opened with good reviews, that drew more people in. They were then nominated for tons of Tonys, again, atrracting more people. After Norbert won the Tony they reached their peak. John Lithgow left and people were excited for Jonathan Pryce's return to broadway, which again, drew more people. after t

bway scores
 Aug 10 2006, 10:43:31 PM
Anyone know when sheet music/scores to Tarzan and See What I Wanna See will be availible? I NEED them both!

Thanks!

re: Broadway and AMERICAN IDOL
 Aug 9 2006, 11:14:46 AM
i think most of the AI losers don't really know what entertainment career to do so, they experiemnt. Notice, not too many stay on Broadway. I think a lot of them are testing the waters. People like Josh Strickland and Frenchie Davis are here to stay. Others like Tamyra were probably just try new things. I think producers also like to bring them into shows because of there large fan bases...I'd love to see Mandisa in RENT now...anyone remember her?
re: perfect roles for stars
 Aug 5 2006, 05:11:00 PM
Eugene Levy as Wilbur Turnbald in Hairspray

Tarzan - Music
 Jul 28 2006, 02:22:41 PM
Does anyone know if you can buy the sheet muic from Tarzan anywhere? Is it availible? If not, when will it be? Anyone know???

Thanks...

re: Original Cast Recordings
 Jul 26 2006, 10:02:58 AM
ONE Recent Show: Hairspray

ONE that you feel is better on disc than in the theatre: TARZAN

ONE show not recorded that you wish had been: In My Life

ONE that is better to see than listen to: Spamalot

ONE where it better to see the show first then get the OCR if you want a souvenir f the evening: Dirty Rotten Scoundrels

ONE that you have played once and never again: Spamalot

re: haylie duff in hairspray???????is this a joke?
 Jul 24 2006, 06:06:04 PM
I think this is the least of the world's worries. What we should all worry about is Paris Hilton has an frickin' record deal. What the hell is up with that?

What's next? Star Jones in a thong commercial? (Sadly, this could actually happen if she can't find any work soon.)

re: Celebrities that you've seen other than at a show or at the stage door
 Jul 22 2006, 09:10:08 PM
i saw Diane Sawyer and i just happen to be on the phone with my Grandma (who is her biggest fan ever) and i said "My Grandma loves you" and she said "Is that who your talking to? Let me say Hi!" So, I gave her the phone and Grandma was extremely confused and didn't beleive it was Diane and by the end of the conversation my Grandma called her "some fake wanne be Diane Sawyer" and Diane was extremely upset/mad at me (or grandma)....it was one of the oddest-embrassing-funniest moments of my life...
re: Weak Leads...
 Jul 21 2006, 10:37:24 PM
Jenn Gambatese (sp?) in Tarzan...she sounds good but, she bored the poop out of me during the performance...
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You