News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Another 100 People

Another 100 People Profile Photo
Member Name: Another 100 People
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: marin mazzie
 Jun 28 2006, 04:40:15 PM
I like listening to Marin Mazzie on recordings, and she has done good work onstage, but I'm not sure she has the acting chops for PIAZZA. I think she would make a fine Desiree. I think it suits her more than Margaret.

And while Audra may not have the same hair color as Inga Swenson, I think she may give a comparable, historic rendering of that role.

re: Where have all the Broadway stars gone?
 Jun 20 2006, 04:47:27 PM
Karen Ziemba has skills and is a lovely woman by all accounts but she has absolutely no charisma whatsoever. I want to like her but I've never found her to be memorable. She is a craftsman though, I give her that.
re: What's next for Piazza's Katie Clarke?
 Jun 19 2006, 05:31:49 PM
She has gotten a bit pudgy since coming to New York. She just needs a trainer. Adam Guettel would never cast her if she was less than perfectly attractive. He is very "elitist" about actresses bodies. You'd have a heart attack if you ever heard him talk about it.
re: Julia Roberts: 'You are all very talented people...' (please read on)
 Jun 12 2006, 12:37:28 PM
That was an impromptu cover for a slip-up. Julia's was her own little COMMENT and there is no comparison. I believe one should respect the people who are getting the awards, give them their moment in the sun. Obviously there are those who don't see it that way.
I'm glad she showed up.

re: Republican Puppet?
 Jun 12 2006, 12:33:15 PM
It was a pretty stale line but Christine delivered it well. What was notable was the audiences sustained applause.
 Jun 12 2006, 12:31:57 PM
What comments did they make?
 Jun 12 2006, 12:23:35 PM
Julia Roberts complimenting your talent is like Charlton Heston complimenting your memory.

Why can't she simply take the stage and put the focus on other performers? If it only takes a few seconds then why can't she just zip it!
She was out there to present and for no other reason. Her entire reason to be on that stage was to present, not to have Julia's little moment.
One day, when you are getting an award and someone starts making comments I know you will be all "Shut up

Apples or Oranges??
 Jun 6 2006, 01:12:46 PM
Barbra Streisand is an artist. I'm sure she has no idea who Linda Eder is. I envy her.
re: Sean Penn as Father Flynn in DOUBT movie?
 May 16 2006, 04:13:40 PM
Johnny Depp can play anything.
re: Sean Penn as Father Flynn in DOUBT movie?
 May 16 2006, 04:10:47 PM
Father Flynn is so dangergous becuase he seems like such a nice, clean cut guy. That is not Sean Penn.
re: RACISM! BIAS! HATE! PICK ONE!
 May 16 2006, 04:08:39 PM
I loved HOT FEET but I don't agree that it's racism. I think it's that the producers didn't court the nominators. That Merceds Ellington sure can wear a hat.
re: The Early 'Kelli Shoulda Won The Tony' Thread
 May 16 2006, 04:01:23 PM
Kelli O'Hara is so bland I just don't understand why she excites attention. I guess if you've never seen a show before, but honestly, I just don't get it.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You