pixeltracker

Crispin Glover Should Play Danny Zuko In The New Revival of Grease!

Crispin Glover Should Play Danny Zuko In The New Revival of Grease!

Cruel_Sandwich
#1Crispin Glover Should Play Danny Zuko In The New Revival of Grease!
Posted: 1/3/07 at 2:11am

Think about it.

Grease is a very inert show. It never changes. Different casts do not make an impact.

Why not try and do some really out-there casting by casting Crispin Glover as Danny?

BobPopa Profile Photo
BobPopa
#2re: Crispin Glover Should Play Danny Zuko In The New Revival of Grease!
Posted: 1/3/07 at 2:12am

uh..no

"He wants to know who cares. I care you stupid fool we all care..." John Wilkes Booth (Assassins)

Yankeefan007
#3re: Crispin Glover Should Play Danny Zuko In The New Revival of Grease!
Posted: 1/3/07 at 7:23am

Because 10 people know who he is.

They want an audience.
Updated On: 1/3/07 at 07:23 AM

Vespertine1228 Profile Photo
Vespertine1228
#4re: Crispin Glover Should Play Danny Zuko In The New Revival of Grease!
Posted: 1/3/07 at 2:48pm

Hahahaha. That would be totally awesome! I would definitely pay to see that.

It would have to be some dark, revisionist revival of Grease though. Possibly to take place far into the East Village. Still, I'd put up the money. Why not?

Please forgive my ignorance though, can Crispin Glover actually sing?

worrell4077
#5re: Crispin Glover Should Play Danny Zuko In The New Revival of Grease!
Posted: 1/3/07 at 3:17pm

No disrespect to Crispin Glover, but if he was passed over for the role of The Joker in The Dark Knight, then why would he get cast in Grease? Why would he even want to do Grease?

He doesn't seem to be the kinda of actor to do something like Zuko in Grease. He's better at doing kinda out there and creepy characters like Willard.

Vespertine1228 Profile Photo
Vespertine1228
#6re: Crispin Glover Should Play Danny Zuko In The New Revival of Grease!
Posted: 1/3/07 at 3:21pm

They passed him over for The Joker in favor in Heath Ledger? He would've been perfect!

Oh well, I suppose they wanted to go with a bigger name, and it'll be interesting to see Heath do something different than what he's done before.

Enjolras77 Profile Photo
Enjolras77
#7re: Crispin Glover Should Play Danny Zuko In The New Revival of Grease!
Posted: 1/3/07 at 3:26pm

So I guess by playing Danny he could now be the anti-George McFly in a '50's era show.

"You pile up enough tomorrows, and you'll find you are left with nothing but a lot of empty yesterdays. I don't know about you, but I'd like to make today worth remembering." --Harold Hill from The Music Man

JohnBoy2 Profile Photo
JohnBoy2
#8re: Crispin Glover Should Play Danny Zuko In The New Revival of Grease!
Posted: 1/3/07 at 3:29pm

Why would he or anyone want to do GREASE? It's not a question of whether or not Sandwich does drugs, just which ones?

D2 Profile Photo
D2
#9re: Crispin Glover Should Play Danny Zuko In The New Revival of Grease!
Posted: 1/3/07 at 3:31pm

Isn't Crispin Glover past 40? If you're going for "age-blind" casting, why not just bring back the film's cast?

[EDIT] And instead of K. Marshall, get Stroman to direct/choreograph. She's a whiz with walkers.

Cheyenne Jackson tickled me. AFTER ordering SoMMS a drink but NOT tickling him, and hanging out with Girly in his dressing room (where he DIDN'T tickle her) but BEFORE we got married. To others. And then he tweeted Boobs. He also tweeted he's good friends with some chick on "The Voice" who just happens to be good friends with Tink's ex. And I'm still married. Oh, and this just in: "Pettiness, spite, malice ....Such ugly emotions... So sad." - After Eight, talking about MEEEEEEEE!!! I'm so honored! :-)
Updated On: 1/3/07 at 03:31 PM

PARISinNYC Profile Photo
PARISinNYC
#10re: Crispin Glover Should Play Danny Zuko In The New Revival of Grease!
Posted: 1/3/07 at 5:42pm

Okay....hold on a moment.

Crispin Glover in pretty much ANYTHING would be enough for me to go out and buy 200 tickets. That man is BRILLIANT! He can do no wrong.

*daydreams*

But in reality, he is very wrong for the role. I just want to see him on Broadway.

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#11re: Crispin Glover Should Play Danny Zuko In The New Revival of Grease!
Posted: 1/3/07 at 5:54pm

"No disrespect to Crispin Glover, but if he was passed over for the role of The Joker in The Dark Knight, then why would he get cast in Grease? Why would he even want to do Grease?"

Wait, wait, wait. I don't think that it would make sense for Crispin Glover to be in Grease, but what does this have to do with anything?

First of all, he was never considered for the Joker, that was fan speculation (and there were a bunch of fan polls that he was the most popular choice in).

This is like saying "Hugh Jackman wasn't considered for the role of Batman, so what would he be doing in a Broadway show?"

And you make it sound like a revival of Grease would have higher casting standards/importance than the next $200 million Batman movie.

theaterdude87 Profile Photo
theaterdude87
#12re: Crispin Glover Should Play Danny Zuko In The New Revival of Grease!
Posted: 1/3/07 at 6:01pm

Yeah and maybe he is 42...I think the production is looking for a younger cast.

for fierce, fabulous and fun times visit eric mathew's world. http://ericmathew.blogspot.com/

Producer2 Profile Photo
Producer2
Pinguin Profile Photo
Pinguin
#14re: Crispin Glover Should Play Danny Zuko In The New Revival of Grease!
Posted: 1/4/07 at 7:39am

Crispin Glover FREAKS ME OUT.

-Anyone want to turn anarchist with me?

"Bless you and all who know you, oh wise and penguined one." ~YouWantItWhen????

myManCape Profile Photo
myManCape
#15re: Crispin Glover Should Play Danny Zuko In The New Revival of Grease!
Posted: 1/4/07 at 11:28am

And your all forgetting he would have to beat out 10,000 other people and win the American Idol show.

"Have they come yet?"

Craig Profile Photo
Craig
#16re: Crispin Glover Should Play Danny Zuko In The New Revival of Grease!
Posted: 1/4/07 at 11:33am

Crispin Glover, I imagine gets passed over on a lot of parts based on his persona, his known repution both on and off set, among other reasons. Talented for sure, but it's not always about talent.

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men" - Willy Wonka

worrell4077
#17re: Crispin Glover Should Play Danny Zuko In The New Revival of Grease!
Posted: 1/4/07 at 12:30pm

"They passed him over for The Joker in favor in Heath Ledger? He would've been perfect!"

That's what alot of people on these different Batman boards felt when the news came out that Heath Ledger would be The Joker, even though the Nolan Brothers haven't finished the script. If I remember correctly, on one of the boards, there was an interview with Crispin's Dad and his dad talked about why he thinks that they should have made Crispin, The Joker.

jess20882 Profile Photo
jess20882
#18re: Crispin Glover Should Play Danny Zuko In The New Revival of Grease!
Posted: 1/4/07 at 1:12pm

i still stick with my original vote of richard blake as danny zuko.
and as for the crispin glover idea - exactly how much crack were you smoking when you thought of that one?

Buscee
#19re: Crispin Glover Should Play Danny Zuko In The New Revival of Grease!
Posted: 1/4/07 at 4:21pm

Although I think Richard would be th perfect Danny Zuko. I can't see him wanting to do a revival of a musical that shouldnt revived again. He is a very fortunate actor who is getting to originate roles in new shows.

Craww
#20re: Crispin Glover Should Play Danny Zuko In The New Revival of Grease!
Posted: 1/5/07 at 12:49am

...YES. Only if Franklin gets to play Sandy, though. Gob would forget to remain in character and start sobbing with genuine emotion halfway through 'Hopelessly Devoted to You'.