pixeltracker

Was Light in the Piazza paid on LORT for its entire run?

Was Light in the Piazza paid on LORT for its entire run?

Horton Profile Photo
Horton
#1Was Light in the Piazza paid on LORT for its entire run?
Posted: 1/6/07 at 5:10am

Was Light in the Piazza paid on LORT for its entire run? Did it start out on LORT etc.

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#2re: Was Light in the Piazza paid on LORT for its entire run?
Posted: 1/6/07 at 5:14am

What is LORT?

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

Horton Profile Photo
Horton
#2re: Was Light in the Piazza paid on LORT for its entire run?
Posted: 1/6/07 at 5:18am

LORT is a type of contract that some shows at none for profit theatre ie Lincoln Center, Roundabout etc. are paid on, the actors generally are paid less.

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#3re: Was Light in the Piazza paid on LORT for its entire run?
Posted: 1/6/07 at 5:20am

Does it stand for something?

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

Horton Profile Photo
Horton
#4re: Was Light in the Piazza paid on LORT for its entire run?
Posted: 1/6/07 at 5:43am

no idea, sorry!

Jon
#5re: Was Light in the Piazza paid on LORT for its entire run?
Posted: 1/6/07 at 5:52am

League of Resident Theatres

Pinguin Profile Photo
Pinguin
#6re: Was Light in the Piazza paid on LORT for its entire run?
Posted: 1/6/07 at 5:57am

I can't tell you for sure, but what I vaguely remember hearing is that is started with LORT and then changed later on in the run (aren't they required to?)...but I could easily be wrong about that.

-Anyone want to turn anarchist with me?

"Bless you and all who know you, oh wise and penguined one." ~YouWantItWhen????

dancinfan
#7re: Was Light in the Piazza paid on LORT for its entire run?
Posted: 1/6/07 at 7:22am

The Lincoln Center Carousel revival was on a LORT contract the whole time.

Pinguin Profile Photo
Pinguin
#8re: Was Light in the Piazza paid on LORT for its entire run?
Posted: 1/6/07 at 7:31am

huh, then Piazza probably was too.

-Anyone want to turn anarchist with me?

"Bless you and all who know you, oh wise and penguined one." ~YouWantItWhen????

Horton Profile Photo
Horton
#9re: Was Light in the Piazza paid on LORT for its entire run?
Posted: 1/6/07 at 7:50am

How much would a lead actor (ie Vicki, Katie, Kelli, Matthew, Aaron etc) get paid on Lort?

Yankeefan007
#10re: Was Light in the Piazza paid on LORT for its entire run?
Posted: 1/6/07 at 7:52am

'bout $1100. That's what Roundabout's Broadway houses pay.

Horton Profile Photo
Horton
#11re: Was Light in the Piazza paid on LORT for its entire run?
Posted: 1/6/07 at 8:14am

what is Lort minimum?

Mistress_Spouzic Profile Photo
Mistress_Spouzic
#12re: Was Light in the Piazza paid on LORT for its entire run?
Posted: 1/6/07 at 1:36pm

Lincoln Center's LORT contracts are a tad higher than Roundabout and MTC. I guess the institution as a whole just makes more money. Im not sure what kind of contract they had when they extended but they definitely all got raises.

emg_sound
#13re: Was Light in the Piazza paid on LORT for its entire run?
Posted: 1/6/07 at 4:24pm

you should read the LORT / Equity contract, which is on the lort website (www.lort.org/library.htm), they have seperate agreements for all of the LORT broadway houses (aka LORT A+ houses)

The one show everyone on Broadway is waiting to see: Twyla Tharp presents: Big Bottom - The Spinal Tap Jukebox musical!

Pippin Profile Photo
Pippin
#14re: Was Light in the Piazza paid on LORT for its entire run?
Posted: 1/6/07 at 4:29pm

contrary to belief, Clark did not get paid even close to $1100 for LITP. but I'm not sure the contract the show was under, either.

"I'm an American, Damnit!!! And if it's three things I don't believe in, it's quitting and math."

MargoChanning
#15re: Was Light in the Piazza paid on LORT for its entire run?
Posted: 1/6/07 at 4:48pm

It's my understanding that under an agreement with Equity, LCT, MTC and Roundabout can do limited engagements under a LORT contract, but for any extension they have to switch to the Standard Production Agreement. I've heard that's the main reason why, for example, several of Roundabout shows that were selling well (Assassins, Follies, Glengarry) closed somewhat prematurely -- the shows had reached the point in their runs where the switch to the more expensive contract was about to happen (after the 12th week? 16th?) and the advance wasn't high enough to justify the risk of continuing at the higher rate. Whereas for shows like Cabaret and Twelve Angry Men, the advance was so strong that it was deemed worth the risk to continue running under the Standard Production Agreement.

I don't know the particulars of PIAZZA, but I would assume that at a certain point in the run they too had to switch from the LORT to the Standard Agreement.

I could be wrong, though.

"What a story........ everything but the bloodhounds snappin' at her rear end." -- Birdie [http://margochanning.broadwayworld.com/] "The Devil Be Hittin' Me" -- Whitney
Updated On: 1/6/07 at 04:48 PM

Horton Profile Photo
Horton
#16re: Was Light in the Piazza paid on LORT for its entire run?
Posted: 1/6/07 at 5:13pm

So how much would you estimate Vicki was making?

MargoChanning
#17re: Was Light in the Piazza paid on LORT for its entire run?
Posted: 1/6/07 at 6:11pm

No guess, but I'd assume that she'd have made a bit more (a little? a lot?) than the Equity minimum -- especially after she won the Tony (most performers get a bonus for that).

"What a story........ everything but the bloodhounds snappin' at her rear end." -- Birdie [http://margochanning.broadwayworld.com/] "The Devil Be Hittin' Me" -- Whitney

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#18re: Was Light in the Piazza paid on LORT for its entire run?
Posted: 1/6/07 at 6:46pm

How much do YOU make, Horton?

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

lite2shine Profile Photo
lite2shine
#19re: Was Light in the Piazza paid on LORT for its entire run?
Posted: 1/6/07 at 6:51pm

Like Margo said, PJG @ Roundabout could not extend beyond the limited engagement period b/c they had to increase the salary for the cast/crew. Poor Kelli, she couldn't get paid much in both Piazza nor PJG!

Horton Profile Photo
Horton
#20re: Was Light in the Piazza paid on LORT for its entire run?
Posted: 1/6/07 at 7:03pm

I am in high school, but I musically direct shows in my town and for the current middle school show I am making 1000 dollars for a month and a half of work. How much do you make TheatreDiva90016?

TheatreDiva90016
#21re: Was Light in the Piazza paid on LORT for its entire run?
Posted: 1/6/07 at 7:28pm

My point is, and I've posted this many times on this board, it is rude to ask someone how much they make. And as this is not even a private conversation, posting someones salary is even worse.

And I do very well, thank you.

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

Horton Profile Photo
Horton
#22re: Was Light in the Piazza paid on LORT for its entire run?
Posted: 1/6/07 at 8:13pm

glad to hear it, my point is not everybody shares your feelings about salary. Just like some people dont share age, my mother is 63 and my dad is 68, and they are both very proud of their age. So not everybody shares your feelings.

TheatreDiva90016
#23re: Was Light in the Piazza paid on LORT for its entire run?
Posted: 1/6/07 at 10:03pm

*head-desk*

Videos