News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for hellzapoppin2000

hellzapoppin2000 Profile Photo
Member Name: hellzapoppin2000
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Audience members leaving their seats before curtain call
 Apr 23 2010, 11:05:40 AM
If I've paid for the ticket, I'll leave when I damn well feel like it.
re: My thoughts on SOUTH PACIFIC
 Mar 12 2008, 03:12:09 PM
What a clossal overblown disappointment. No star power between the leads, poor staging all the way through with the book scenes absolutely leaden. And poor Bloody Mary -- how great Bali Hai should have been on the expanse of the stage and background, but instead it is played in front of some ghastly scenery pieces that totally detract. Not one show stopper in the evening -- couldn't wait for it to be over. Total waste of an evening.
re: 4 guys attempt Cassie's 'Music and the Mirror'
 Mar 11 2008, 09:08:17 AM
Donna auditioned for Walter Bobbie and Annie Reinking for Roxie in the late 90s, but was not offered the role. The rumor was there were some negative feelings/jealousies between her and Reinking that go back a long way.

The Richert video is from the national company circa 1979, because that's Stephen Crenshaw coming on as Paul. That is her baby fat and she is nineteen or twenty at the most. It is why she was Bennett's favorite for a while -- she was a real powerhouse.

re: What was the problem with Peters as Momma Rose?
 Mar 11 2008, 08:49:28 AM
Peters was exceptional as Rose -- for once we had a woman who was really sexy and had personal charm and charisma and for whom you could genuinely feel that she really would have been something if given the chance. The only one to approach the Peters interpretation was Lansbury. Daly, Merman, LuPone all lacked lacked the warmth to make Rose sympathetic. The point of Peter's interpretation that she is not the monster that most musical comedy queens feel she should be. Pity because Peters gave
re: The Cabaret Conference at Yale University
 Feb 17 2008, 11:35:56 AM
That is just disgusting. I remember seeing this picture on the flyer around town and thought at the time it was totally inappropriate, no matter whether or not the show was to raise money. That is the main problem with these cabaret rooms -- the owners just want to sell drinks and you can call it a "benefit" but who knows where the money really goes. Do you think they deducted the cost of there outfits from the cover charges? Gotta hand it to Erv though, the sweater is a step up from those
re: The Cabaret Conference at Yale University
 Feb 14 2008, 04:32:27 PM
This is just a posting to advertise the Cabaret Conference at Yale. Yale is just the space that Raible rents -- his dead boyfriend went there. it has nothing to do with the Conference itself. It is just a way to exploit the location -- people who go often get "managed" by Erv Raible. No one has ever heard of them. Liza was his friend once but now even she doesn't speak to him. This posting should be deleted.
re: Gifts to send actors
 Jan 18 2008, 12:43:48 PM
so you met him and you now live out of town. send him a cute tee shirt from your new city. it really would be sweet and useful.
re: Famous Broadway Rivalries/Romances
 Jan 18 2008, 09:59:56 AM
"Hal Prince and Michael Bennett- It began durring Follies. Bennett had more to do since Follies had a lot of musical numbers and not so much book. Prince loved the book. Bennett hated the book. Bennett was dying for complete control whch he certainly got from Seesaw onward (though he always collaborated on choregraphy with Bob Avian and in the case of Dreamgirls, Michael Peters). Prince will constantly say he was friendly, if competetive with Bennett till the end. Out of pure egotism, I doubt Be
re: Stage-Door Johnnies, with an Agenda
 Jan 7 2008, 01:33:45 PM
Oh come on. These guys need to make a living, too. At least its clear what they are doing -- enhancing the value of a signature via exposure on ebay. Do you honestly think there would be Ashley Brown items on e-bay without these guys? Frankly, the people who stage door constantly and bring presents to such stars as Chrissie Whithead or Norm Lewis are far creepier than people who are trying to make a living. When I was on Broadway, we had cast members who were followed home by these stalkers
re: james barbour sells out at Asolo Benefit
 Jan 7 2008, 01:08:45 PM
Asolo Theater in Florida.
james barbour sells out at Asolo Benefit
 Jan 7 2008, 12:49:05 PM
So popular they added a second night for his benefit concert at $85.00 a pop. Wonderful!
Anderson's Doc -- fresh, scary, illuminating
 Jan 7 2008, 12:41:11 PM
I thought he was far too inward for Doc -- if it had been a film maybe any nuance Anderson gave it would be illuminating, but he just seemed weak and uninteresting -- no sexual tension between him and the girl. Does anyone remember the tv version with Olivier and Joanne Woodward? And Tom you are right: the bouncing plates were hilarious.
re: Michael Berresse Interview: On A CHORUS LINE Fan Stalkers; Being 'Out'
 Oct 27 2007, 09:26:58 AM
Actually the role is not to be "ignored when he is offstage". The character of Zach is addressed consistently throughout and gives the line their motivation for everything they do. As far as an intermission is concerned, it would totally break the tension of the conflict inherent in the set up of a "real time" audition. Berresse being seen in the men's room or on staircase is an example of how little respect actors today have for the institution of theater and the privilege of being in a Broa
re: Michael Berresse Interview: On A CHORUS LINE Fan Stalkers; Being 'Out'
 Oct 26 2007, 12:01:58 PM
its not the first time i've heard this about Berresse. I'm not surprised because he is extremely flaccid as Zach. He needs to go.
re: McNally's shocking lack of craft in DEUCE
 May 15 2007, 10:29:30 AM
Let McNally pack up his kit NOW and fall into obscurity. He is way past his prime and had offered nothing in the past few years but tedious evening of theater. And while some playgoers might be titillated by male nudity, it really just points up how he needs a marketing ploy.
Congratul;ations Charlotte D'Amboise
 May 15 2007, 09:48:59 AM
You did it! Never mind the choreography doesn't suit you nor does the song suit your particular voice. You got a nomination!!! Kind of takes all the prestige out of the Tonys.
re: Murphy out of LoveMusik through May 15th
 May 14 2007, 07:53:58 AM
Lets see David Pittu as Lenya. He is just great! And sexy!
re: A Chorus Line
 May 13 2007, 05:45:17 AM
always exciting to see a chorus line character replaced mid-performance.
Where is Harvey Schmidt?
 May 11 2007, 09:27:54 AM
Just noticing with the revival of the Fantasticks and 110 that he has been absent from the scene. One of the nicest men I have ever met in the theater. Anyone know?
re: 'Year of Magical Thinking' Stage Door
 May 3 2007, 11:10:08 AM
I met Redgrave at the stage door after Orpheus Descending, during the run of which some Jewish militant organization let mice out in the theater and security was always on high alert. I had brought a copy of Where Have All the Flowers Gone which she had recorded in the early sixties and she said she had been looking for a copy for years and could she buy it from me. We then got into a discussion about her singing and she asked me to accompany her to dinner. She was lovely, gracious and humble
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You