pixeltracker

Congratul;ations Charlotte D'Amboise

Congratul;ations Charlotte D'Amboise

hellzapoppin2000 Profile Photo
hellzapoppin2000
#1Congratul;ations Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 5/15/07 at 9:48am

You did it! Never mind the choreography doesn't suit you nor does the song suit your particular voice. You got a nomination!!! Kind of takes all the prestige out of the Tonys.

Sleeper2 Profile Photo
Sleeper2
#2re: Congratul;ations Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 5/15/07 at 9:58am

hahahaha. I totally agree. Charlotte is also waaaay too old for this part. Casting her was a mistake -- giving her a Tony nomination is beyond ridiculous.

WonderBoy Profile Photo
WonderBoy
#2re: Congratul;ations Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 5/15/07 at 11:13am

hahaha - you know from the title of this thread i was about to give a reality check but you hit the nail on the head hellzapoppin2000!

"For me, THEATRE is an anticipation, an artistic rush, an emotional banquet, a jubilant appreciation, and an exit hopeful of clearer thought and better worlds." ~ an anonymous traveler with Robert Burns

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#3re: Congratul;ations Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 5/15/07 at 11:16am

Yeah, it's ridiculous.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

Princeton78 Profile Photo
Princeton78
#4re: Congratul;ations Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 5/15/07 at 11:38am

I know..totally!
That b*tch Charlotte!
Who does she think she is?
I mean, she goes to work, submits her name and the Tony Committee nominates her! The nerve she has! Yeah! Let's be mature and start a thread to bash her even though it's not her fault she was nominated! I'll bring the torches.

"Y'all have a GRAND day now"

munkustrap178
#5re: Congratul;ations Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 5/15/07 at 11:39am

Darling, no one is BLAMING her.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

ashley0139
#6re: Congratul;ations Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 5/15/07 at 11:39am

While you obviously can't blame Charlotte, I'm extremely upset she took Erin Davie's deserved nomination.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

C is for Company
#7re: Congratul;ations Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 5/15/07 at 11:40am

At least now you can do a little spring cleaning of your signature line there. re: Congratul;ations Charlotte D'Amboise

Princeton78
#8re: Congratul;ations Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 5/15/07 at 11:43am

"You did it! Never mind the choreography doesn't suit you nor does the song suit your particular voice. You got a nomination!!!"

Looks like bashing to me.

Blame the Tony Committee if you aren't happy.
Does it matter really? D'Amboise, Davie, etc....none of them have a shot in h*ll at winning.

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#9re: Congratul;ations Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 5/15/07 at 11:45am

On the age thing... I always thought Cassie was SUPPOSED to be older. Maybe I interpreted wrong...

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

ashley0139
#10re: Congratul;ations Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 5/15/07 at 11:46am

C- re: Congratul;ations Charlotte D'Amboise I know. Makes me sad.

Princeton- Of course it matters. She (or someone else besides Charlotte) deserved that recognition.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

Princeton78
#11re: Congratul;ations Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 5/15/07 at 11:52am

Well, some people thought Charlotte deserved the recognition. I wasn't impressed with Davie at all.

WonderBoy Profile Photo
WonderBoy
#12re: Congratul;ations Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 5/15/07 at 11:57am

I think there is no need to blame Charlotte in getting a Tony nom however, she is miscast and I find it frightening that the Tony committee found her performance worthy.

"For me, THEATRE is an anticipation, an artistic rush, an emotional banquet, a jubilant appreciation, and an exit hopeful of clearer thought and better worlds." ~ an anonymous traveler with Robert Burns

munkustrap178
#13re: Congratul;ations Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 5/15/07 at 12:04pm

I still don't see people blaming Charlotte.

Calvin Profile Photo
Calvin
#14re: Congratul;ations Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 5/15/07 at 12:06pm

I'd hoped if any females were picked out of "A Chorus Line," it would have been Alisan Porter, but I knew that was beyond a long shot.

irememberitwell
#15re: Congratul;ations Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 5/15/07 at 12:25pm

No one is blaming Charlotte. She is miscast.

ahmelie Profile Photo
ahmelie
#16re: Congratul;ations Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 5/15/07 at 12:28pm

But isn't Cassie the dream role of dancers all around the country? They REALLY couldn't find anyone better? It's ridiculous.

Ugh. I love Donna McKechnie.

Theatre is a safe place to do the unsafe things that need to be done. -John Patrick Shanley
Updated On: 5/15/07 at 12:28 PM

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#17re: Congratul;ations Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 5/15/07 at 12:45pm

"While you obviously can't blame Charlotte, I'm extremely upset she took Erin Davie's deserved nomination"

1-She didn't take anything from anyone.

2- Charlotte was obviously excellent in the role, and this nomination is very well deserved.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

munkustrap178
#18re: Congratul;ations Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 5/15/07 at 12:52pm

Yeah, Muscle. She was OBVIOUSLY excellent.

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#19re: Congratul;ations Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 5/15/07 at 12:53pm

It's an excellent role. She was not excellent IN it. Big difference.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

muscle23ftl
#20re: Congratul;ations Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 5/15/07 at 1:00pm

Well, she did get nominated. That should mean something.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

luvtheEmcee
#21re: Congratul;ations Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 5/15/07 at 1:02pm

Yeah. it means some people think she deserves it. That's all. Doesn't mean everyone has to agree. =P If the Tony nominations were somehow repsonsible for dictating taste and opinion to all, I'd be concerned. Bigtime.

Updated On: 5/15/07 at 01:02 PM

munkustrap178
#22re: Congratul;ations Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 5/15/07 at 1:06pm

But you mean they don't?

muscle23ftl
#23re: Congratul;ations Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 5/15/07 at 1:09pm

I certainly don't agree with many Tony winners or nominations. But this one, I find it to be very deserving.

And like Felicia says...

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one"

luvtheEmcee
#24re: Congratul;ations Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 5/15/07 at 1:11pm

Funny, I was going to tell you to look at your signature. re: Congratul;ations Charlotte D'Amboise

No, munk, they just want to.

Videos