4 guys attempt Cassie's "Music and the Mirror"

morosco Profile Photo
morosco
broadwayfan7 Profile Photo
broadwayfan7
#2re: 4 guys attempt Cassie's 'Music and the Mirror'
Posted: 3/10/08 at 1:20pm

That was hilarious! Nice dancing.

"Everytime you step on that stage it is somebody's first Broadway show and somebody's last Broadway show. Make it count."

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#2re: 4 guys attempt Cassie's 'Music and the Mirror'
Posted: 3/10/08 at 1:25pm

At first I thought this was going to be long-lost footage of the original "Music and the Mirror" choreography. Oh well.

Thanks morosco!

"Zac is sweet as can be. He's very much just a sweet kid from California who happens to have a face that looks like it was drawn by Michelangelo, (if Michelangelo did anime)."
-Adam Shankman.

"I haven't left this building since Windows 3.1!"

"Celebrating a birthday this week: Rene Descartes is 412! Do you know who he is? Then why are you watching this show? You could probably get into college and even get one of those job things. As for the rest of us; Amanda Bynes is 22! Yay!"
-E!'s "The Soup"

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#3re: 4 guys attempt Cassie's 'Music and the Mirror'
Posted: 3/10/08 at 1:26pm

I have actually heard of a production where they made Cassie a guy(changed to Chris) and Zach a female(changed to Lisa) because the guy was such a strong dancer. This was years ago, in Texas, I believe.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#4re: 4 guys attempt Cassie's 'Music and the Mirror'
Posted: 3/10/08 at 1:28pm

I'd like to see that, only if Zach remains unchanged.

h.o.t.

"Zac is sweet as can be. He's very much just a sweet kid from California who happens to have a face that looks like it was drawn by Michelangelo, (if Michelangelo did anime)."
-Adam Shankman.

"Celebrating a birthday this week: Rene Descartes is 412! Do you know who he is? Then why are you watching this show? You could probably get into college and even get one of those job things. As for the rest of us; Amanda Bynes is 22! Yay!"
-E!'s "The Soup"

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#5re: 4 guys attempt Cassie's 'Music and the Mirror'
Posted: 3/10/08 at 1:29pm

H-I-L-A-R-I-O-U-S!

Too bad it started off great but then went to the crapper with all of them free-styling the whole thing. It first looked promising at first since the 1st guy (who's wig fell off) was doing the actual Michael Bennett choreography. Then it went on its own, but in a good way.

I think a male is best suited for this choreography as the great Donna McKechnie has said that no one could do Cassie's dance better than Michael Bennett. Not even her.

re: 4 guys attempt Cassie's 'Music and the Mirror'
re: 4 guys attempt Cassie's 'Music and the Mirror'

Updated On: 3/10/08 at 01:29 PM

morosco Profile Photo
morosco
#6re: 4 guys attempt Cassie's 'Music and the Mirror'
Posted: 3/10/08 at 1:31pm

I would love to have seen Bennett dance the number. I just can't imagine how amazing that must have been.

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#7re: 4 guys attempt Cassie's 'Music and the Mirror'
Posted: 3/10/08 at 1:34pm

Oh God, yes.

I hope that ACL doc contains never before seen footage.

Not that Bennett dancing MITM was ever filmed, but any footage of the OBC would send me over the moon.

-Adam Shankman.

-E!'s "The Soup"

husk_charmer
#8re: 4 guys attempt Cassie's 'Music and the Mirror'
Posted: 3/10/08 at 1:54pm

The best video is still of Donna's 1988 return to the role...that's borderline orgasmic.

http://www.youtube.com/huskcharmer

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#9re: 4 guys attempt Cassie's 'Music and the Mirror'
Posted: 3/10/08 at 2:01pm

*whispers* psst Husk, where is said video?

-Adam Shankman.

-E!'s "The Soup"

husk_charmer
#10re: 4 guys attempt Cassie's 'Music and the Mirror'
Posted: 3/10/08 at 2:02pm

I'm working on it.

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#11re: 4 guys attempt Cassie's 'Music and the Mirror'
Posted: 3/10/08 at 2:04pm

You better work.

-Adam Shankman.

-E!'s "The Soup"

BrodyFosse123
#12re: 4 guys attempt Cassie's 'Music and the Mirror'
Posted: 3/10/08 at 2:13pm

Though the heading is incorrectly labeled as 1998, it is actually the 1988 Tribute to Michael Bennett that was performed at the Tony Awards shortly after his death.

Donna had returned to A CHORUS LINE and she performs a nice chunk of "The Music & the Mirror".

Also of note -- reunited for the first time since 1982: the original Dreamgirls: Sheryl Lee Ralph, Deborah Burrell and (in the early stages of her now-present girth) Loretta Devine.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9eCmHrjl5Ds&feature=related

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#13re: 4 guys attempt Cassie's 'Music and the Mirror'
Posted: 3/10/08 at 2:15pm

Ohhh that vid.

Is that the vid to which you were referring, husk?

-Adam Shankman.

-E!'s "The Soup"

husk_charmer
#14re: 4 guys attempt Cassie's 'Music and the Mirror'
Posted: 3/10/08 at 2:15pm

Not the video I'm referring to, but a good one.

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#15re: 4 guys attempt Cassie's 'Music and the Mirror'
Posted: 3/10/08 at 2:16pm

*Ohhh.

Well, I must see said video.

-Adam Shankman.

-E!'s "The Soup"

verynewyorkcurious Profile Photo
verynewyorkcurious
#16re: 4 guys attempt Cassie's 'Music and the Mirror'
Posted: 3/10/08 at 2:38pm

I absolutely must see that too.

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#17re: 4 guys attempt Cassie's 'Music and the Mirror'
Posted: 3/10/08 at 2:38pm

Ok, that was funny.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#18re: 4 guys attempt Cassie's 'Music and the Mirror'
Posted: 3/10/08 at 3:24pm

Also of note -- reunited for the first time since 1982: the original Dreamgirls: Sheryl Lee Ralph, Deborah Burrell and (in the early stages of her now-present girth) Loretta Devine.

And one of them ironically screws up the choreography.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

BrodyFosse123
#19re: 4 guys attempt Cassie's 'Music and the Mirror'
Posted: 3/10/08 at 3:34pm

...yup, and that is none-other than Loretta Devine. She was too busy snacking backstage during the pre-show rehearsal, which fumed Sherly Lee and Deborah. re: 4 guys attempt Cassie's 'Music and the Mirror'

morosco Profile Photo
morosco
#20re: 4 guys attempt Cassie's 'Music and the Mirror'
Posted: 3/10/08 at 3:42pm

On the Bennett tribute that gal front and center wearing red pants and a halter top mucks up the end of the jazz combination.

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#21re: 4 guys attempt Cassie's 'Music and the Mirror'
Posted: 3/10/08 at 3:56pm

Having seen all the youtube videos featuring the dance, I only came to one significant conclusion: Donna McKechnie is the only person who's ever looked good in that red costume. I think Wanda Ritcher was thinking the same thing when she was dancing in front of the mirrors too.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

husk_charmer
#22re: 4 guys attempt Cassie's 'Music and the Mirror'
Posted: 3/10/08 at 3:58pm

Oh Wanda...the only person that makes Charlotte look good.

SporkGoddess
#23re: 4 guys attempt Cassie's 'Music and the Mirror'
Posted: 3/10/08 at 4:05pm

There's a video of that dance in a Hawaii production that seems really good to me, but I could be wrong.

Jimmy, what are you doing here in the middle of the night? It's almost 9 PM!

husk_charmer
#24re: 4 guys attempt Cassie's 'Music and the Mirror'
Posted: 3/10/08 at 4:08pm

She learned it by watching the LTC Archive video that's also on YouTube.

Videos