News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for tommyboy

Member Name: tommyboy
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

New Poll: Which Broadway Star Would You Like at Your Thanksgiving Table?  Nov 27 2011, 06:39:54 PM
I would take them all -- except mandy
New York Curtain Times in the Past?  Nov 11 2011, 03:25:36 PM
Winston -- love the anecdote about mutinies. The line has more to it than just a cheap laugh. The bane of Broadway has always been the matinee audiences. On Wednesdays, it was the Ladies Who Lunch,(A.K.A. the blue hairs), notoriously poor tippers and kvetching with waiters about who ordered what, then sitting on their hands during the performance. And on Saturdays, it was a house full of kids smacking their chewing gum, rustling their candy wrappers and wondering why there wasn't any popcorn
New York Curtain Times in the Past?  Nov 11 2011, 02:52:02 PM
Another reason for the earlier curtain was to accomodate suburbanites. Train service to Long Island, and the north suburbs would decline later hours of the evening. Producers knew they had a great source of audience from outside of the city and they wanted to make it convenient for them.

The restaurant owners complained at the 7:30 start, so the 8pm start seemed to be a workable solution. And theater patrons still had time for an after-theater drink (or three) and even supper.

Jordan Sees PRIVATE LIVES  Nov 11 2011, 02:36:18 PM
There is a terrific episode of FRASIER that spoofs Act 1. It's where Lilith shows up at the same terrace style adjacent resort room.
Performers You Have Seen Mutiple Times (In Different Shows)  Nov 4 2011, 05:55:30 PM
Bebe: CHICAGO, ACL

Nathan: PRODUCERS, LAUGHTER ...23rd, THE MAN WHO...DINNER

Matthew: PRODUCERS, BILOXI...

Laurie: CATS, ANNIE, JOSEPH...(Gosh I miss her) ((Now there would be someone who could play Fanny))

Jerry: CHICAGO, 42ND ST.

Chita: KISS...,CHICAGO

Donna: ACL, COMPANY

Funny Girl engagements in L.A. and Broadway postponed  Nov 4 2011, 04:59:25 PM
No one has yet mentioned the inevitable comparison that will be made between the new Fanny and Streisand. Even a terrific performance by Lauren Ambrose or anybody else, will be considered sub-standard, and the exiting audiences muttering, "I wish I could have seen Barbra." Established Broadway stars are too smart to get on this slippery slope, leaving aspiring starlets reaching for this elusive apple.

Follies: Your favorite diphthong  Oct 29 2011, 12:47:52 PM
Did you know that diphthong is one of a few words in the English language that has 4 consonants consecutively.

Maybe the only one?

A Sondheim rhyme that bothers me  Oct 29 2011, 12:44:33 PM
Does this have anything to do with a diphthong?
Justin Bieber To Star In Toronto LES MIS?  Oct 6 2011, 01:07:49 PM
He's too old for Gavroche and too young for Marius.
NEWSIES to Play the Nederlander on Broadway This Spring  Sep 29 2011, 02:46:25 PM
With all the hoopla, it is no surprise Disney had Broadway in the lang-range plan. The mostly positive reviews this week, made the decision a no-brainer. Plus, they still have several weeks to work out the kinks which is essentially an out-of-town tryout without having to go to Boston or New Haven.

I question the choice of venue tho.

So Has JCS been OFFICALLY confirmed?  Sep 26 2011, 12:16:51 PM
Question to Des McAnuf:

How many of the cast from Stratford will follow to San Diego and then to Broadway?

HotelMotel?  Sep 19 2011, 04:58:29 PM
And how's the farting? Is it on stage? Or the lady next to you?
New Poll: Which Anticipated NEW Musical of the '11-'12 Season Are You Most Excited For?  Sep 10 2011, 09:45:03 AM
Newsies -- oops, I guess I should wait till it's announced first.
Nick Jonas to replace Darren Criss in How to Succeed  Sep 10 2011, 09:42:00 AM
So "what's-his-name" is only gonna be in the show a few weeks??
Can anyone suggest a musical set in China?  Aug 29 2011, 10:23:46 AM
THE RUPTURED MAN

Music by: Wun Hung Lo
Lyrics by: Oh Dat Hurt

Judy Garland Musical 'END OF THE RAINBOW' Headed To Broadway March 2012  Aug 12 2011, 07:20:32 PM
This show has already played in New York -- at least a dozen incarnations in the backroom at Don't Tell Mama. It's fun for an hour or so (and the 2-drink minimum) but that's about it.
The Awkward Moment when the Understudy is better  Aug 2 2011, 10:17:18 AM
When the US is better, somebody always asks, "Who is she/he (the principle) sleeping with?
New Poll: What Would You Like to See Next from GLEE?  Jul 31 2011, 07:45:01 PM
You Doppelganger, you.
The Washington Debt Follies  Jul 30 2011, 12:19:21 PM
Is it playing at the Kennedy Center? And will it transfer to Broadway? All politicians will be played by Angela Lansbury and Elaine Stritch.
The BWW Re-Design  Jul 26 2011, 12:17:52 PM
Oh Jordan, I like your re-design.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You