News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for dchesnutny

dchesnutny Profile Photo
Member Name: dchesnutny
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

PASSION - wow.  Jun 7 2012, 11:45:47 PM
The audience laughed in London at the Donmar with Elena at that scene as well. It is so over-the-top it moves into black comedy.

Elena was great, as was the intimate production at the Donmar. She was perfect for that role, as was her voice.

Sweeney Todd 2012 London Cast Recording  May 19 2012, 07:24:05 PM
I think Imelda Staunton was the best Lovett i have seen, and I've seen (and liked) many.

Her acting in many parts was chilling. My favorite was the scene directly following "Not While I"m Around" - it's clear to the audience that she realized she would have to kill Tobie, and you could see the conflict in her. It was brilliant.

If anyone gets the chance to see this Sweeney, you should go. I LOVED it.

For the record, Michael Ball was a little inconsistent in voice in

Into the Woods in the Delacorte Theatre  May 23 2011, 01:43:42 PM
Not sure if I like your casting suggestions, but

I think Into the Woods would be fantastic at the Delacorte. I saw Regent's Park production last summer, and as I sat there I wished that New York would get to experience it as well. It was truly magical - and Central Park would be a fantastic setting.

To Those Of You Attending The Final WOTV Tonight...  Jan 2 2011, 08:22:44 PM
I can only imagine what the energy must be like!
Should be a great final show, and a great final curtain call.

I bet there will be extended applause after 'Invisible' as well.

This will be a performance to remember - I wish i was there.

Verge Cast Recording Update?  Jan 2 2011, 05:15:15 PM
Kurt-
i pledge to purchase TWO copies!

Verge Cast Recording Update?  Jan 2 2011, 05:12:14 PM
this is fantastic news!

Now all we need to do is hope that it *really* happens. i remember how excited i was about hearing that 'Gypsy' would be filmed, but that never happened.

Fingers crossed that they actually DO make a recording!

Andrew Lloyd Webber an Alcoholic? WTF!?  Jan 2 2011, 05:10:01 PM
i believe ALW's problem with booze is widely known in the theatre community. I know I've been hearing about it for years.

"And suddenly Cats makes sense."
^^^genius comment!

Verge Cast Recording Update?  Dec 31 2010, 01:49:42 PM
I caught the show a second time last night and really liked the score (defects and all). It's a shame it hasn't been recorded, particularly since its a new original score, which is rare these days.

Does anyone have any information on a possible recording? What angelic producer can we petition to finance the recording?

I'd appreciate any responses or private messages. The show is messy, but i love the score. Thanks!

Is Matt Morrison Returning To 'South Pacific' For The PBS Taping?  Jul 1 2010, 10:26:41 PM
agreed. wish they'd let loretta sables play his part. it'd be a step up from the current guy.
How is TheaterMania's Gold Club?  Mar 31 2010, 12:55:19 PM
i don't really find real value-for-the-money with Gold Club. Twice I got tickets to something i had been planning on seeing ('reasons to be pretty' and something else), but that's about it.

re: Alice Leaving N2N  Dec 4 2009, 10:43:54 AM
so does anyone know for certain when Aaron is leaving?
I have tickets for Jan 7th, and was hoping to catch him if i can...

re: Most Disappointing Cast Recordings  Nov 20 2009, 02:58:05 PM
least favorite OBCs (compared to live performance):

Sunset Boulevard London Cast - LuPone vocals onstage were terrific, on the disk they were horrific. As were the line readings: dull and flat. Live recording is so much better.

re: Ave. Q drinking at New World  Oct 6 2009, 10:42:52 AM
has anyone been to Wicked lately? They sell cocktails in "wicked green" plastic tumblers that everyone takes back to their seats after intermission. It's great hearing the sound of ice cubes in plastic cups all through the second act.

All they need to complete the setting is to start selling stinky hot dogs and get Slurpee machine.

re: Patti LuPone Send in the clowns  Sep 28 2009, 12:48:04 PM
i love it.
re: Roundabout's 'Cabaret' scenic design  Sep 22 2009, 01:40:21 PM
Just thinking about the set from that production makes me miss it. Definitely one of my best theatre experiences of all time.

re: Patti LuPone: Coulda Woulda Shoulda  Mar 10 2009, 10:07:11 AM
Her duet from West Side Story ('a boy like that...') was GENIUS, and also worth the price of admission alone.

If you're a fan, definitely go.

re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 3/8  Mar 9 2009, 04:40:58 PM
keep in mind that exit the king played only 2 performances last week, so it's numbers are good (playing at 88.x%, which is great, in my view).

this is the first time i've looked at the grosses in a while - i'm surprised that 'wicked' and 'jersey boys' are no longer completely selling out.

re: OUR TOWN: First Preview  Feb 23 2009, 05:33:32 PM
Broadway Local - I was there on Saturday night. The guy sitting in the second aisle, near Cromer, was Mandy Patinkin, if that is who you are asking about.

As for this show/production.... i loved it. LOVED it. It was an evening of great theatre, great performances (overall... there was some uneven-ness), and I'm so glad i went.

I was moved to tears in the final scene, and was a bit embarrassed given that the house lights were up, and the cast is only two or three feet away from the audience for their curtain call, and i had tears on my face.

I urge anyone who's interested in this to go get a ticket.

re: Nicole Parker reviews here  Feb 2 2009, 01:46:30 PM
Nicole's acting was good, and her singing was better than i expected. That said, i thought she delivered merely an acceptable performance, with nothing really standing out or memorable in any real way.

The crack in her voice on the last note of "i'm not that girl" on saturday night was really obvious and really painful to hear.

(Personally, i expect more than that from a lead in a show like this).

In comparison, Alli Mauzey has an amazing voice. But unfortunately, (i

re: Nosebleeds Onstage?  Jan 30 2009, 05:14:27 PM
i'd also reiterate the vaseline suggestion. try applying a lot, particuarly after a shower (the steam helps).

it works.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You