pixeltracker

To Those Of You Attending The Final WOTV Tonight...

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#1To Those Of You Attending The Final WOTV Tonight...
Posted: 1/2/11 at 5:39pm

Please don't scream. I know you're excited to be there and you love Patti. I know you want Laura to hear you scream and shout and acknowledge your existence when you scream at the top of your lungs after she finishes singing or she enters onstage. However, as much as you love to do it, it makes the actors on stage and everyone around you want to punch you through your skull.

So in summary, please enjoy the show tonight. I know I will. But please refrain from
Talking
Texting
Shouting
Screaming
Hootin'
Hollerin'

and anything that you think maybe somehow just might piss someone around you or two levels up off.

Thank you for your time and enjoy the show.

kyle4
#2To Those Of You Attending The Final WOTV Tonight...
Posted: 1/2/11 at 5:44pm

do anything you want !!!! if the tiniest moment gives you pleasure..... GO FOR IT !!!!!! express yourself ANYway you want... and as LOUD as you want !!!!! email me if you would like me to arrange a bullhorn for you... i have access to 3....

WHAT ELSE IS THERE TO KNOW?!!!!!

Jordan Catalano
#2To Those Of You Attending The Final WOTV Tonight...
Posted: 1/2/11 at 5:45pm

The doctors finally were able to remove them?

kyle4
#3To Those Of You Attending The Final WOTV Tonight...
Posted: 1/2/11 at 5:47pm

no, its their last performance, so the actors can leave freely !!!! god bless !!!

WHAT ELSE IS THERE TO KNOW?!!!!!

Jordan Catalano
#4To Those Of You Attending The Final WOTV Tonight...
Posted: 1/2/11 at 5:49pm

My comment to you made sense. Yours to me did not.

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#5To Those Of You Attending The Final WOTV Tonight...
Posted: 1/2/11 at 6:01pm

lol.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#6To Those Of You Attending The Final WOTV Tonight...
Posted: 1/2/11 at 6:09pm

Saw the final matinee. High energy on stage and in the audience.
Patti was visibly sad at curtain, hugging and clutching onto Laura.
I really think the show deserved a better rub. At least we are likely getting a cast recording!!

bwaylvsong
#7To Those Of You Attending The Final WOTV Tonight...
Posted: 1/2/11 at 6:19pm

I was there too, ljay! It was my first time seeing the show and I loved it! The energy was electric and the cast was clearly having a ball. Danny Burstein mentioned in the opening number that the performance was being taped for the Lincoln Center archives, but I didn't see any cameras.
I wish I could see it again, but I'm glad I got to go today!!!

logan0215 Profile Photo
logan0215
#8To Those Of You Attending The Final WOTV Tonight...
Posted: 1/2/11 at 6:28pm

On 12/30 Laura was crying at curtain and holding on to Patti when the scrim came down.

There was a lot of love from the audience, especially after Model Behavior & Invisible (deservedly).

I love America. Just because I think gay dudes should be allowed to adopt kids and we should all have hybrid cars doesn't mean I don't love America. [turns and winks directly into the camera] - Liz Lemon (Tina Fey) on 30 Rock

americanboy99 Profile Photo
americanboy99
#9To Those Of You Attending The Final WOTV Tonight...
Posted: 1/2/11 at 6:38pm

Hopefully, we'll see a LuPone/Benanti HELLO DOLLY soon enough.

frontrowcentre2 Profile Photo
frontrowcentre2
#10To Those Of You Attending The Final WOTV Tonight...
Posted: 1/2/11 at 7:37pm

There are reports that the cast of WOTV will be going into studio to record the cast album on Jan 17. No label is attached as yet.

Cast albums are NOT "soundtracks."
Live theatre does not use a "soundtrack." If it did, it wouldn't be live theatre!

I host a weekly one-hour radio program featuring cast album selections as well as songs by cabaret, jazz and theatre artists. The program, FRONT ROW CENTRE is heard Sundays 9 to 10 am and also Saturdays from 8 to 9 am (eastern times) on www.proudfm.com

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#11To Those Of You Attending The Final WOTV Tonight...
Posted: 1/2/11 at 7:43pm

I'd be shocked if Ghostlight/Sh-K-Boom doesn't do it.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#12To Those Of You Attending The Final WOTV Tonight...
Posted: 1/2/11 at 7:47pm

TAKE PICTURES OF PATTI!!!

Oh, and the show curtian.

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

Jordan Catalano
#13To Those Of You Attending The Final WOTV Tonight...
Posted: 1/2/11 at 8:18pm

Intermission now. Great energy in the theater tonight with a very long extended applause for Laura after "Model Behavior".

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#14To Those Of You Attending The Final WOTV Tonight...
Posted: 1/2/11 at 8:21pm

It still is not back on Ghostlight's website.

Poster Emeritus

dchesnutny Profile Photo
dchesnutny
#15To Those Of You Attending The Final WOTV Tonight...
Posted: 1/2/11 at 8:22pm

I can only imagine what the energy must be like!
Should be a great final show, and a great final curtain call.

I bet there will be extended applause after 'Invisible' as well.

This will be a performance to remember - I wish i was there.

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#16To Those Of You Attending The Final WOTV Tonight...
Posted: 1/2/11 at 8:36pm

Did no one ever upload a pic of the show curtain? Here's a crappy pic I took a few weeks ago, then:

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008
Updated On: 1/2/11 at 08:36 PM

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#17To Those Of You Attending The Final WOTV Tonight...
Posted: 1/2/11 at 9:02pm

WOTV has my vote for the best show curtain ever.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

GlindatheGood22  Profile Photo
GlindatheGood22
#18To Those Of You Attending The Final WOTV Tonight...
Posted: 1/2/11 at 9:22pm

Valium gazpacho. Yum.

I know you. I know you. I know you.

Jordan Catalano
#19To Those Of You Attending The Final WOTV Tonight...
Posted: 1/2/11 at 9:44pm

Oy. Laura started crying so I started crying then my friend started crying.

Really a great show and I'm genuinely sad to see it go.

mikem Profile Photo
mikem
#20To Those Of You Attending The Final WOTV Tonight...
Posted: 1/2/11 at 11:57pm

Well, the person sitting next to me didn't seem to have gotten the memo, unfortunately, although things calmed down considerably as the show went on (thank goodness).

Wonderful performances tonight, a great night at the theater. Did anyone see David Yazbek? I assume he was there by what Danny Burstein said, but I didn't actually see him.

"What was the name of that cheese that I like?" "you can't run away forever...but there's nothing wrong with getting a good head start" "well I hope and I pray, that maybe someday, you'll walk in the room with my heart"
Updated On: 1/2/11 at 11:57 PM

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#21To Those Of You Attending The Final WOTV Tonight...
Posted: 1/3/11 at 12:02am

David Yazbek (and Bartlett Sher) were in and out of the stagedoor after the matinee. So I assume they were at both performances.

mikem Profile Photo
mikem
#22To Those Of You Attending The Final WOTV Tonight...
Posted: 1/3/11 at 2:01am

Thanks, ljay, I'm sure you're right. Sher came out of the stage door after tonight's performance (as did Jeffrey Lane and Christopher Gattelli), but I don't think Yazbek did. But I'm sure he was there if he was there this afternoon and Danny Burstein was joking with him while he was on stage. Does Danny Burstein always ad lib stuff in the opening number, or has he only been doing it this week?

"What was the name of that cheese that I like?" "you can't run away forever...but there's nothing wrong with getting a good head start" "well I hope and I pray, that maybe someday, you'll walk in the room with my heart"

ahhrealmonsters
#23To Those Of You Attending The Final WOTV Tonight...
Posted: 1/3/11 at 12:14pm

Some guy in the mezzanine at the evening show kept shouting "Pepa!" at the end of each Sherie scene/song. Yet when he shouted in applause at other cast members, he used their names (ex: Patti) as opposed to their characters (Lucia). He does know that Sherie's name isn't actually Pepa, right?

Dollypop
#24To Those Of You Attending The Final WOTV Tonight...
Posted: 1/3/11 at 3:31pm

I was there and remained the model of decorum until Patti took her curtain call.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

Videos