pixeltracker

Andrew Lloyd Webber an Alcoholic? WTF!?

Musicaldudepeter
#1Andrew Lloyd Webber an Alcoholic? WTF!?
Posted: 1/1/11 at 7:36pm

I don't know if this has been discussed before; I'm sure it has but here goes anyway!

I am a huge fan of Patti LuPone. But seriously WHAT IN THE HELL is she talking about when she says that ALW is an "unhappy man and an alcoholic" - what the hell??? Did he have a problem
How come no one else has ever said that about him??

EXPLAIN!!!

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#2Andrew Lloyd Webber an Alcoholic? WTF!?
Posted: 1/1/11 at 7:38pm

!¡!

Katurian2 Profile Photo
Katurian2
#2Andrew Lloyd Webber an Alcoholic? WTF!?
Posted: 1/1/11 at 7:50pm

TELL US MORE.

"Are you sorry for civilization? I am sorry for it too." ~Coast of Utopia: Shipwreck

Scott Briefer
#3Andrew Lloyd Webber an Alcoholic? WTF!?
Posted: 1/1/11 at 8:07pm

The only confusion here is Musicaldudepeter's confusion. I thought it common knowledge that Sir Lloyd Webber had a drinking problem. As for unhappy, I am not his shrink.

Years ago, I attended one of the final rehearsals of Starlight Express. Sir Lloyd Webber was in attendance. I will never forget how inappropriate he was. He was rather unhappy with how the rehearsal was going and was very clear about it. In fact he was an incoherent raving lunatic. Typing that he was abusive would be kind. I have never forgotten that night and I fear my opinion of the man has been tainted because of it.

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#4Andrew Lloyd Webber an Alcoholic? WTF!?
Posted: 1/1/11 at 8:14pm

Why the shocked outrage? Many intelligent,highly creative people have problems with alcohol and drugs.

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

proptart101
#5Andrew Lloyd Webber an Alcoholic? WTF!?
Posted: 1/1/11 at 8:24pm

As it turns out, many stupid, completely unimaginative people have problems with alcohol and drugs, too...

"It's never too late to have a happy childhood. " - Tom Robbins

emo_geek Profile Photo
emo_geek
#6Andrew Lloyd Webber an Alcoholic? WTF!?
Posted: 1/1/11 at 8:59pm

I have a friend who went on several business dinners with Andrew Lloyd Webber, and he said that during the meal ALW finished off a few bottles of wine all to himself.

"I never had theatre producers run after me. Some people want to make more Broadway shows out of movies. But Elliot and I aren't going to do Batman: The Musical." - Julie Taymor 1999

GlindatheGood22  Profile Photo
GlindatheGood22
#7Andrew Lloyd Webber an Alcoholic? WTF!?
Posted: 1/1/11 at 9:03pm

And suddenly Cats makes sense.

I know you. I know you. I know you.

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#8Andrew Lloyd Webber an Alcoholic? WTF!?
Posted: 1/1/11 at 9:22pm

Musicaldudepeter, lots of people struggle with alcoholism.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

ClapYo'Hands Profile Photo
ClapYo'Hands
#9Andrew Lloyd Webber an Alcoholic? WTF!?
Posted: 1/2/11 at 12:23pm

"Miraculously, even my liver was in good shape, probably thanks to that excellent herbal cleanser milk thistle."

That is a quote from an article Andrew Lloyd-Webber wrote for the Daily Mail last year. Seems he's open about it himself!
ANDREW LLOYD WEBBER: Love Never Dies... but here's how I nearly did

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#10Andrew Lloyd Webber an Alcoholic? WTF!?
Posted: 1/2/11 at 12:43pm

Only really found one reference - his insistance on a bottle of wine for the "hydration" for the scan.

I was mildly amused by the fact he talks about telling his children- specifically his t boys by madeline- I guess the ones he had w his 1st wife didn't need to know! tho they DO appear as part of the final tally of his "going forth to muliply".

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#11Andrew Lloyd Webber an Alcoholic? WTF!?
Posted: 1/2/11 at 5:01pm

The title of that article is BRILLIANT

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/

dchesnutny Profile Photo
dchesnutny
#12Andrew Lloyd Webber an Alcoholic? WTF!?
Posted: 1/2/11 at 5:10pm

i believe ALW's problem with booze is widely known in the theatre community. I know I've been hearing about it for years.

"And suddenly Cats makes sense."
^^^genius comment!

Videos