News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for NCGuy

NCGuy Profile Photo
Member Name: NCGuy
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Live from the Lincoln Center Discussion Thread
 Aug 22 2010, 04:46:48 AM

re: Mamma Mia 2
 Oct 29 2009, 08:33:37 PM
I don't think "Arrival" (an instrumental track) was released as a single anywhere, was it?
re: Chess in Concert on PBS
 Jan 12 2009, 09:21:19 PM
According to WNET’s site, it’s airing on Great Performances this summer.

On a side note, Idina Menzel’s episode of Soundstage (with Groban as a guest) is airing on PBS this weekend.

re: T C JONES in MASK AND GOWN 1957
 Jan 9 2009, 11:45:49 PM
Steffie, that Hitchcock episode is available on Hulu, if you’re interested.
re: Who Will Win The Grammy?
 Jan 1 2009, 12:21:58 AM
Hairspray won the Grammy the year before Gypsy.
re: Google HQ broadway photos from old LIFE
 Nov 30 2008, 03:16:05 PM
This is a wonderful thread, dcl7777!

Some more fun stuff:

Jackie Gleason, in front of the theater during the run of Take Me Along: http://images.google.com/hosted/life/f?q=jackie+gleason+source:life&imgurl=c50912c426f4194b

A slew of photos of Julie Harris as Sally Bowles in I Am a Camera: http://images.google.com/images?q=i+am+a+camera&q=source%3Alife

The Most Happy Fella (several in color): http://images.google.com/images?q=most+happy+fella&q=source%3Alife

And maybe someone can help me out here - Is this from It’s a Bird…It’s a Plane…It’s Superman (the picture isn’t labeled clearly)?

re: This is one stunt-casting move I'm happy isn't on Broadway... good luck
 Sep 19 2008, 01:13:51 AM
And even then the club is not completely empty (there are a couple of disinterested patrons, and sparse applause at the end of the song).
re: This is one stunt-casting move I'm happy isn't on Broadway... good luck
 Sep 19 2008, 01:05:28 AM
Bob Fosse tried to overlook this small detail by having Sally sing/perform all her songs in the empty Kit Kat Klub (implying that only in her head is she the great singer she thinks she is), but unfortunately... this detail was overlooked by everyone.

So are the audience members supposed to be in Sally’s head? They’re clearly visible in Minnelli’s musical numbers (or am I just misreading your statement?).

Sorry to the OP for the threadjack; just curious about that comme

re: The American Musical. New broadway vs. old broadway
 Jul 13 2008, 10:32:17 PM
I know this isn’t the original topic of the thread, but PitPro, you’ve brought this up twice...

The country music equivalent of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is the Country Music Hall of Fame, not the Grand Ole Opry. Opry membership isn’t based on career achievement as much as it is popularity, so Underwood’s induction is not at all surprising. And for what it’s worth, you mentioned Dolly Parton and Johnny Cash; both became Opry members very early in their careers.

Sorry to

re: New MY FAIR LADY film
 Jun 5 2008, 09:43:23 PM
By all means let's have a My Fair Lady movie with music video camera work and featuring Madonna as Mrs. Higgins.

That’s a pretty big leap there, nmartin. A film can be less stagy without resorting to music video editing (Oliver, The Sound of Music, Fiddler...).

re: New MY FAIR LADY film
 Jun 5 2008, 09:13:04 PM
I love the show itself and I know the film is considered a classic, but I’ve always found the movie version hard to sit through (it’s just so sloooow...).
re: Top 5 Film-to-Musical Adaptations
 May 28 2008, 08:32:48 PM
Capn, I don’t imagine they’re going to make anyone’s top five, but you left these shows off your list:

Smile
Big Deal
Victor/Victoria
Dance of the Vampires
The Goodbye Girl

And I know the film was based on a novel, but Passion explicitly credits the foreign film on which it’s based.

re: looking for Musical Theatre songs with Summer in them?
 May 1 2008, 09:03:46 PM
“Song of a Summer Night” – The Most Happy Fella
“Blame It on the Summer Night” - Rags

re: The Answer to Your Out-of-Print CD Problems
 Mar 14 2008, 11:31:13 PM
I don’t see it listed on the website BobbyBubby posted, but they are also selling CD-Rs of “Take Me Along” through Amazon Marketplace:
re: Most Thankless Broadway Job Ever?
 Mar 8 2008, 11:49:43 PM
I think that might be Allison Smith.
You have misunderstood
 Mar 3 2008, 11:42:20 PM
Um, judging by her appearance (in her Tracy Turnblad garb) at this past Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade (a mere 3 1/2 months ago), I highly doubt she's ready to move away from anything HAIRSPRAY.

Was that not to promote the DVD release of Hairspray, which had come out that same week?

re: Truly Original Broadway Shows
 Jan 21 2008, 05:10:24 PM
neddyfrank, I think the The Sound of Music is loosely based on Maria von Trapp’s published memoirs (not just her “memories”).
re: BWW TV: A Sneak Peek at ABC's 'A Raisin in the Sun'
 Nov 30 2007, 11:35:58 PM
Wanna Be A Foster, what on earth did you see in that preview to make you think this will be a “whitening” of A Raisin in the Sun?
re: Avon Calling
 Oct 30 2007, 09:58:03 PM
Return to the Forbidden Planet
re: Sunday In The Park Revival Tour
 Oct 23 2007, 11:09:41 AM
I saw the show on that tour, too. I think it was billed as a “Tenth Anniversary Tour.”
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You