News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for g4rat

g4rat Profile Photo
Member Name: g4rat
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Lady Day Previews  Mar 26 2014, 12:12:25 AM
I Haven't posted in a while...years actually, but I definitely have to chime in on this one. Saw the show tonight and Audra is giving an extraordinary performance here!!! It really is a thrill to see Audra saunter out onto stage and go into the first number. You're brain is trying to rap around the fact that it's Audra singing on stage and not Billie, but after a while you give in and start to really see Billie. I teared up a few times throughout the show, especially during "Strange Fruit", and
re: Too many Billys?  Dec 28 2009, 05:21:24 PM
Yeah I'm sure they need every Billy they have, with injuries being so common. I'm glad that they don't discriminate against minorities and really look for the talent, and man are those boys talented.
re: Photo Coverage: Ashlee Simpson-Wentz Debuts in CHICAGO on Broadway!  Dec 1 2009, 01:32:55 PM
I think she looks great. (would have prefered a red wig, but whatever). Now I want to hear some thoughts on her performance.
re: Into The Woods! what's your favorite song!  Aug 18 2009, 11:45:09 PM
Giants in the sky! Loved singing that song! Also, Last Midnight.
re: Jennifer Sanchez and Yanira Marin in West Side Story...  Aug 14 2009, 11:19:38 PM
Actually, I do remember seeing a casting call specifically for the role of Consuela on Playbill.com earlier this month. I Wonder why they let her go an switched everything up. West has been kind of strange when comes to casting changes.
re: Jennifer Sanchez and Yanira Marin in West Side Story...  Aug 14 2009, 11:04:30 PM
Am I right in thinking that they have lost two shark girls Yanira and the "Blonde" one(can't think of her name)? It looks as though they've only replaced the "Blonde" while leaving Yanira's role completely empty. I see they have a new swing. Did they just end up cutting Yanira's role and replacing her with the new swing? I'm a bit confused if you haven't caught on haha. I really can't imagine Jenn as Anita, but I would love to see her interpretation.

re: Greene Replaces Green in WEST SIDE STORY  Aug 5 2009, 03:28:49 PM
Jennifer Sanchez?! I assume a lot of people were out. That must have been a crazy performance.
re: HAIR number on So You Think You Can Dance...  Jul 16 2009, 12:09:28 AM
Love Mel and Brandon. I hope they are the final two, after that, I'll be fine with either one winning. The number was pretty kick butt as well.
re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!  Jul 13 2009, 03:02:11 PM
Saw show for the first time at yesterday's matinee(rush tickets, front row, wow!)and the show/Alice Ripley was ****ing amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's very apparent how much she throws herself into the role; when Diana cried Alice cried, there was nothing fake or disingenuous about her performance. Waiting there from 6:30 in the moring was completely worth it just to witness her performance.

The show it's self is so fresh and so different(specifically the mu

re: Karen Olivo Out of 'West Side Story' Tonight  Jul 9 2009, 01:54:08 PM
Oh, haha. I guess one wouldn't think that a "Chino" would be played by a Michael haha. Excuse me, I'm a little slow when it comes to some things....
re: Karen Olivo Out of 'West Side Story' Tonight  Jul 9 2009, 01:13:48 PM
What's odd about it?
re: WEST SIDE STORY review 6/13 8pm  Jun 14 2009, 11:29:49 PM
don't ginx the thread haha
re: Karen Olivo Out of 'West Side Story' Tonight  Jun 13 2009, 09:04:56 PM
Glad to hear she did well...in the second act. I really hope Karen gets better soon.
re: Karen Olivo Out of 'West Side Story' Tonight  Jun 13 2009, 08:31:13 PM
I really want to hear about Kat's performance. I see a fiesty petite Anita in her. Anyone go? Is she on tonight as well?
re: Photo Flash: Drew Seeley as Prince Eric in 'The Little Mermaid'  Jun 5 2009, 01:22:11 PM
Wow! Why is everyone being so visicous haha....It's just prince Eric.
re: Phylicia Rashad begins performances tonight...  May 30 2009, 02:45:59 PM
Not if their criticizing her performance. The race thing is (or at least should be) a non issue. If the performance is as great as I'm hearing it is, there shouldn't be much to criticize. If reviews do pop up, can we please post them here.
re: Audra & Will Swenson in 110 in the Shade...at a community theatre  May 25 2009, 02:00:35 PM
Wow! I remeber seeing those pictures. I didn't put two and two together, but that sure is Audra's Zoe. Well if she's no longer with her husband, I'm glad she's moved on with someone as great as Will.

re: Audra & Will Swenson in 110 in the Shade...at a community theatre  May 24 2009, 08:51:13 PM
Something about this sounds really sketchy to me...
Isn't it against equity rules to do community theatre? I don't know about this....

re: Samantha Harris from DWTS to star in CHICAGO  May 20 2009, 06:56:20 PM
Link to her audition tape:
http://www.theinsider.com/news/2194188_Samantha_Harris_Blogs_on_Dancing_Finale

around 3:05 there is a clip from her audition tape. She doesn't look or sound half bad. She does sort of give off the whole "I really really really want to be famous!!" vibe. I think she might just be able to pull it off.

re: Understudies that never had there chance in the spotlight  May 10 2009, 11:15:02 AM
Definitely Saycon. I do think she on quite often for the four women she was standby for(there are a few video of her out there...). Four! why did she not get the role!! I'm a big Saycon fan haha. Please ask her back producers, this time as the main Elphaba!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You