News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for matty159

matty159 Profile Photo
Member Name: matty159
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Feel stressed when arriving to the theatre?  Apr 23 2024, 07:35:44 PM

I go to a show about once a week.  I arrive 10 minutes prior to curtain (knowing full well that that the show doesn’t go on until 5 minutes past the hour).  I am usually coming from work, so I have a bag.  Never issues even if they need to check my bag.  I will never understand people lining up an hour before curtain.  It disrupts no one and I’m not spending idle time sitting with my long legs.

Lincoln center will get a new leader  Feb 8 2024, 03:23:08 PM

Broadway Flash said: "Yeah I’m sure new people went to the disco. How many of them purchased a ticket to the ny Phil afterwards?"

I mean, that is a good question.  Assuming the summer events were ticketed (free or not), LC (should have) captured patron information to add to mailing lists and email blasts.  With more modern programming at the Met, movies with a live orchestra, and programming at Jazz at LC, they may have been able to capture some

Lincoln center will get a new leader  Feb 8 2024, 12:47:07 PM

Broadway Flash said: "What does a dance party have to do with the programming at LC? I doubt summer in the city brought new people in. Probably people who either go to Lincoln center, or people who have never seen anything there and just wanted to dance. It was tacky and I hope they don’t do it again."

You contradicted yourself here.  You doubt it brought new people in and then say it might have brought new people who have never seen anything then  an

Here We Are  Dec 4 2023, 03:13:47 PM

I found yesterday’s matinee (my second time) to be a far better experience than my first just under a month ago.  This is for many of the reasons stated above.  Perhaps my expectations were not so high the first time (one reason for not reading early reactions).

Yesterday, I found the show tighter, engaging, and the cast more invested.  I don’t think this needs a transfer.  It should be seen at The Shed.  The creative team and cast delivered.  

Here We Are  Dec 3 2023, 11:21:08 AM

inception said: "I don't think this turned out to be a hot ticket, and they overpriced themselves. All these reports of people getting great seats through rush just makes me feel like a chump for buying early."

Agreed.  I was amazed at the assigned seat via rush.  

Also, if you download the inKind app you get $25 off a $75 tab at Little Spain.  It seems like nothing, but it ain’t cheap there.

Here We Are  Dec 3 2023, 09:14:15 AM

Maybe because it is a rainy day here in the city, but easily just snagged a center Row C single for the matinee today through TT rush for $40.  It’s a $350 seat.  Insane.  I can’t wait to revisit this.  So, don’t believe the caveat on TT that rush is partial view only.  I’ve seen other posters have had similar luck too.

Pre Show dinner/post show drinks  Nov 16 2023, 11:36:01 AM

etimer13 said: "Bartley Dunnes on 54th is a great cocktail bar that also has good food. We went for late night drinks on several days of our trip last week."

GREAT PLACE!  I work a block away and stop in all the time and send my guests there.

Sondheim/Ives HERE WE ARE @ The Shed  Oct 15 2023, 04:37:32 PM

gibsons2 said: "Listener said: "Oh they do? Where do they become available? Which site?
Same one, TodayTix. I think it was around mid week.

I asked in person at the theatre about rush tickets and different ways to buy some, but didn't get anywhere with the staff, who said "todaytix is the only way"."

Apparently, for the rush on TT you need to be on point.  There was rush for to tonight at 3:30 available.  I missed it t

MELISSA ETHERIDGE: MY WINDOW Previews  Sep 15 2023, 01:04:32 AM

quizking101 said: "I went to the show tonight via rush (was in B241, literally 7 feet from her on stage) and, my god, the strength this woman has at 62 to put on an entire walk through of her life from start to finish with humor, pathos, and a genuine authenticity and vulnerability that you seldom see with these type of concert engagements. AND SHE STILL ROCKS THE HOUSE DOWN. The form very much feels like she’s starring in her own biomusical to a degree and she knew EXACTLY wha

Immersive Gatsby  Jun 21 2023, 07:54:36 PM

I have to admit this was a fun time.  It really helps if you know the story going in or else you can get lost.  The cast is game and all in.  I wasn’t sure about the casting of Tom, but it worked.  Everyone is having a great time.  A great mix of music, dance, and acting.  Go in to the ballroom ready.  I’m rather the introvert, but they made me want to be involved.  It’s definitely something you need to see more than once.  I did

Immersive Gatsby  Jun 7 2023, 12:08:19 PM

chrishuyen said: "My friend was in London years ago (like 2016 maybe) and saw it and loved it, said it was highly immersive and you got to chat with different characters, etc. When we went last year, it was still immersive, but you were mostly sheparded around in groups and didn't really get the same kind of open world exploration. I'm wondering which version of the show this would be."

My understanding is that it is a mix of the two experiences.  The la

Oliver Awards - Watch in US?  Apr 2 2023, 05:13:01 PM

For anyone interested, they just started a rebroadcast on the YouTube channel.  I only caught the last 15 min, so glad they are doing this!

Olivier-winning LIFE OF PI On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread  Mar 28 2023, 11:29:36 PM

chrishuyen said: "Saw it last night as well and overall agree with most of Piparoo said.

I had seen this in the West End last May and it was by far my favorite show there, so I was a bit surprised to see people here talking about how clunky the book is, though I haven't read the novel or seen the movie so I had nothing to compare it against. Having seen it a second time, I still don't see a lot of the book issues that many have mentioned here, except maybe the spoo

Should Micaela Diamond stay with Sweeney Todd or Parade if it moves  Nov 4 2022, 09:28:55 PM

My guess is we will know after the Sunday matinee of Parade what is going on.  They would probably make a proud announcement at the end.  I’m leaning towards a transfer.  I’m also biased as I fell in love with Parade after seeing the original production at LCT many a moon ago.  It’s definitely a hard sell, but with the strong reviews and Platt is attached, a limited run is very possible.  I’m going to the Sunday matinee, so will be very curious

SOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread  Oct 31 2022, 07:55:11 PM

So excited to see this fully staged next Wednesday!  

MJ or Titanique?  Oct 26 2022, 02:23:31 PM

Titanique!!!!  One the best times I have had in a long time!  Great cast and hilarious in a very over the top way.  

ITW to perform on THE VIEW Oct 31  Oct 25 2022, 01:49:23 PM

The Halloween show tapes on Wednesday afternoon and if you go to 1iotam ticket requests are being accepted.

Julie Benko to star in Barry Manilow's HARMONY on Bway??  Sep 15 2022, 03:36:25 PM

https://twitter.com/jujujuliebee/status/1570459155076366336?s=46&t=ShGI9orrKxUnlXyD98ZQgg

From Julie directly as well!

NOTRE DAME DE PARIS in New York  Jul 16 2022, 11:32:09 PM

David10086 said: "Don’t ever be ashamed to admit it! If I stay something you enjoy, spoil yourself and see it as many times as you want! ❤️"

I’m guilty of doing that a lot!  You’re words are perfect!

NOTRE DAME DE PARIS in New York  Jul 16 2022, 10:36:21 PM

willep said: "Lem22 said: "The show is closer to 2hr 40min. I left yesterday around 10:40pm (8:00pm curtain).

I was already very familiar with the material; I'd suggest approaching it as a spectacle rather than a narrative driven musical. While the plot is not complicated, there is not much coherence between plot nor character development, but overall I enjoyed it and was glad I finally saw it live.

The cast is overall strong and I was very happy to

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You