pixeltracker

Will John Lloyd Young's last performance still be next week......

Will John Lloyd Young's last performance still be next week......

nealb1 Profile Photo
nealb1
#1Will John Lloyd Young's last performance still be next week......
Posted: 11/13/07 at 5:30pm

If the strike goes into next week, will John Lloyd Young's last performance still be on Wednesday night the 21st?

Or, did he give his last performance all ready..............Friday night the 9th of last week???

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#2re: Will John Lloyd Young's last performance still be next week......
Posted: 11/13/07 at 5:34pm

He seems to think so, according to his blog -- though that info is 3 days old.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Yero my Hero Profile Photo
Yero my Hero
#2re: Will John Lloyd Young's last performance still be next week......
Posted: 11/13/07 at 5:35pm

If they are still striking on the 21st, then he will not be performing. Mary Faber didn't get to do her last night with Q.

No idea if he will be extending his contract a week or two once the strike is over, or if he will just unceremoniously not come back.

Nothing matters but knowing nothing matters. ~ Wicked
Everything in life is only for now. ~ Avenue Q
There is no future, there is no past. I live this moment as my last. ~ Rent

"He's a tramp, but I love him."

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#3re: Will John Lloyd Young's last performance still be next week......
Posted: 11/13/07 at 6:35pm

He may have already played his last performance.

Poster Emeritus

nealb1 Profile Photo
nealb1
#4re: Will John Lloyd Young's last performance still be next week......
Posted: 11/13/07 at 6:38pm

If the strike contines....which it will.......it certainly looks like JLY played his last performance....

mc1227 Profile Photo
mc1227
#5re: Will John Lloyd Young's last performance still be next week......
Posted: 11/13/07 at 6:55pm

Just want to say to JLY that he was a pleasure to watch onstage and off. He brought a wonderful presence to the stage and helped me relive some great moments of my youth. Good luck and hope we see you again very soon!!!

The only review of a show that matters is your own.

neddyfrank2
#6re: Will John Lloyd Young's last performance still be next week......
Posted: 11/13/07 at 8:37pm

How did you watch him if he was off stage? Updated On: 11/13/07 at 08:37 PM

shesamarshmallow
#7re: Will John Lloyd Young's last performance still be next week......
Posted: 11/13/07 at 8:43pm

Binoculars are very useful.

broadwayunderstudies.com - most underrated performers on broadway

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#8re: Will John Lloyd Young's last performance still be next week......
Posted: 11/14/07 at 12:26am

So are restraining orders.

Where did you "watch" him offstage? The stage door or the grocery store? re: Will John Lloyd Young's last performance still be next week......

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

mc1227 Profile Photo
mc1227
#9re: Will John Lloyd Young's last performance still be next week......
Posted: 11/14/07 at 11:02am

On interviews and special appearances. I'm not a stalker!!

The only review of a show that matters is your own.

nealb1 Profile Photo
nealb1
#10re: Will John Lloyd Young's last performance still be next week......
Posted: 11/14/07 at 11:18am

No, you are not a stalker........ But, there is one guy who posts on this board and he is clearly, a JLY stalker....whack job.

He goes to the stage door over and over and over and over again to get his pic taken and get JYL's autograph......for the 300th time.... I saw him at the Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS Flee Market last year and he got his pic taken with JLY. And, the look on JLY face was........."Oh, Gawd...not this freak again." Of course, JLY is the consummate professional and would never say it. But, this guy is clearly demented!!!!

SCBWannabe Profile Photo
SCBWannabe
#11re: Will John Lloyd Young's last performance still be next week......
Posted: 11/14/07 at 11:37am

NealB-
You are such an ignorant moron. I know this was clearly directed to me, since we have spoken about this in the past. Think what you will, but I am not a stalker. I donated money for charity to get a picture with JLY, which was my second one. Get a life and stop rehashing non-sense stories. Thank you. I sent you a PM as well.

I don't appreciate you bad mouthing someone you do not know. I work in the media industry and am around actors all the time. I am no stalker. I don't even know why I am bothering answering you, but I felt it necessary.

WaltSummersPI Profile Photo
WaltSummersPI
#12re: Will John Lloyd Young's last performance still be next week......
Posted: 11/14/07 at 11:43am

I can vouch that SCBWannabe is a very nice person and not a stalker. :)

SCBWannabe Profile Photo
SCBWannabe
nealb1 Profile Photo
nealb1
#14re: Will John Lloyd Young's last performance still be next week......
Posted: 11/14/07 at 11:49am

SCBWannabe, I wasn't referring to you....I was referring to someone else. I can't believe how self-centered you are.........Good, Lord.

That's great that you work in the media and are around actors.......me, too. It's not that unusual.

MikeMagbaleta Profile Photo
MikeMagbaleta
#15re: Will John Lloyd Young's last performance still be next week......
Posted: 11/14/07 at 12:08pm

Per the Jersey Boys blog, John Lloyd's blog and the man himself, if the strike extends through the 21st, then he only has to sign in at the theatre every day and when the dreaded day comes next week, that's it. He can always come back to the production, but told me that after the 21st, he'll be a "civilian" and a "Jersey Boys Fan".

It's also possible to see him "offstage" because I did so at the BC/EFA Jersey Boys Fans benefit against AIDS in NYC. We chatted about life in his native Northern California and my son's HS drama performances for which he was instrumental in helping with fundraising.

It's definitely sad because he's leaving the production, but know that he'll be tied to Broadway in one way or another. His concert in February 08 will be another way for his fans to see him perform as well.

nealb1 Profile Photo
nealb1
#16re: Will John Lloyd Young's last performance still be next week......
Posted: 11/14/07 at 12:11pm

Thanks for the update!

SCBWannabe Profile Photo
SCBWannabe
#17re: Will John Lloyd Young's last performance still be next week......
Posted: 11/14/07 at 12:12pm

I was not being self-centered, I was just defending myself because you have previously commented about me before on this very subject. If you didn't mean me, I offer a cease fire...lol

nealb1 Profile Photo
nealb1
#18re: Will John Lloyd Young's last performance still be next week......
Posted: 11/14/07 at 12:16pm

cool...cease fire is good thing.
Updated On: 11/14/07 at 12:16 PM

MikeMagbaleta Profile Photo
MikeMagbaleta
#19re: Will John Lloyd Young's last performance still be next week......
Posted: 11/14/07 at 12:19pm

Talking about stalkers and blowhards..... There is a pair in San Francisco, possibly mother & daughter, that always push people around at stage door, don't attend performances but still hang around the theatre with assorted memorabilia to have the Jersey Boys casts sign and act like they are the only "authority on Jersey Boys" and everyone else attending is crap.

I have friends that attend the August Wilson shows (toughest ticket on Earth!), they have the ticket stubs to prove it and although most of them have watched Jersey Boys over 30+ times, don't even go to the stage door after every show. I think that the pair in SF takes the cake for annoying members of two Jersey Boys casts and assorted fans along the way. Now we're hosting another cast, what'll happen?

BroadwayEnthusiast2 Profile Photo
BroadwayEnthusiast2
#20re: Will John Lloyd Young's last performance still be next week......
Posted: 11/14/07 at 5:57pm

About 1/2 before the 10/7/07 matinee of Rent, Adam Pascal got dropped off about a block away from the door. A mother and her two daughters ran up to him taking tons of pictures, autographs, etc. They then followed him down until he arrived at the entrance, taping him with video cameras and cell phone video cameras. I felt so badly for him.

"I mean, sitting side by side with another man watching Patti LuPone play Rose in GYPSY on Broadway is essentially the equivalent of having hardcore sex." -Wanna Be A Foster. "Say 'Goody.' Say 'Bubbi.'" ... "That's it. Exactly as if it were 'Goody.' Now I know you're gonna sing 'Goody' this time, but nevertheless..."