News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for olitwist2

olitwist2 Profile Photo
Member Name: olitwist2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: who have you gotten stuff back from?
 Jun 28 2010, 12:47:32 PM
Just got a cast signed playbill of Memphis and an Addams Family playbill signed by Carolee Carmello! Both were extremely prompt and I got them both back in four days (and I live in California)!
Lin-Manuel Miranda Returns to THE HEIGHTS for LA Tour Stop
 Jun 24 2010, 06:30:52 PM
I'm seeing it on Saturday! So excited! I'll tell you guys what I think!
 Jun 18 2010, 12:51:49 AM
I am just starting to send out letters! :) If I would like a playbill signed by the entire cast, I should just send a SASE and a note to the stage manager, correct? Also the envelopes I have are the perfect size to fit a playbill. I would just have one and slide the SASE into it. How many stamps should I put on the outside envelope and on the SASE? Sorry for so many questions and a long post. lol
 Jun 17 2010, 10:14:31 PM
How many stamps are you all putting on your SASE?
In the Heights Tour
 Jun 15 2010, 04:53:57 PM
BUMP! Is the tour still looking good? I'm seeing it in a couple of weeks with Lin-Manuel Miranda as Usnavi in the LA engagement! So excited!
re: Cast Recording Flubs
 Jun 14 2010, 04:59:51 PM
Bump! I was listening to Memphis and in "Love Will Stand When All Else Fails" Montego Glover sounds painfully flat on that last note around 3:12ish...
Ripley to Exit NEXT TO NORMAL 7/18; Will Lead Tour
 May 27 2010, 08:51:15 AM
I am so excited!!!! I will get to see her in LA! Can't wait! :)
Las Vegas Discounts
 Apr 28 2010, 08:22:15 PM
If you're a student , Phantom has a $35 student rush for Mezz seats, day of. You can get up to two tickets I believe. When I was there, it wasn't very full so right when the show was about to start, I decided to move to the orch level to be closer. A really nice usher saw me come down and offered to sit me in an unsold seat right under the chandelier! Some of the effects are truly breathtaking!
Tale of Two Cities CD and DVD are now available on Official Website
 Apr 10 2010, 09:17:33 PM
Thanks! I think I'll buy the CD!
Tale of Two Cities CD and DVD are now available on Official Website
 Apr 10 2010, 06:25:04 PM
Does anyone know if the concert version has all of the same material as seen in the Broadway show, or if its cut down? And is the CD of the concert or the Broadway version?
How do you pronounce Boublil and Schönberg???
 Mar 25 2010, 09:59:02 PM
Yeah I remember seeing that before but couldn't find it.
 Mar 25 2010, 09:56:19 PM
Thank you!
 Mar 25 2010, 09:48:37 PM
Sorry for the random question but how to you pronounce the names Alain Boublil, Claude-Michel Schönberg? I have to say them before I perform "Here On This Night" from the Pirate Queen with my friend.

Thanks for your help!
Kyle

Preview Clips Now Available from LOVE NEVER DIES CD
 Feb 8 2010, 09:20:57 PM
Oh my gosh maxximumvolume I was thinking the exact same thing!!!
re: Will we ever see a cast album for Lestat?
 Dec 2 2009, 09:11:54 PM
Yes! I would love for it to be released! I saw in back in SF and I thought that the score was actually quite good. I think the book was rather flawed and going in not knowing the story proved to be very confusing. But there were some nice melodies Elton had written. Elton's demos just don't cut it for me.
re: Into The Woods! what's your favorite song!
 Aug 19 2009, 12:50:44 PM
Stay With Me, hands down!!!
re: Songs That Sound Suspiciously Similar
 Jul 8 2009, 01:55:03 PM
In 13: the musical, during Becoming a Man, Evan sings "In the middle of the city, in the middle of the street, there's a sound of something crumbling, rumbling underneath my feet."

In Parade, during This is Not Over Yet, Leo sings, "It means a man who isn't guilty, doesn't have to walk the plank! It means the gallows still are vacant and we've got my wife to thank!"

These two melodies sound almost identical! Even though it's the same composer, I've always noticed this!

re: 9 to 5... Country Music?
 Jul 4 2009, 12:06:55 AM
I also dislike country but LOVE the score! It is extremely catchy!
who have you gotten stuff back from?
 Jun 26 2009, 01:05:19 AM
Thanks!
who have you gotten stuff back from?
 Jun 26 2009, 12:27:36 AM
When you would like a signed playbill from the whole cast, would you normally just send a note and SASE and address it to the stage manager?
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You