News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for musicman117

musicman117 Profile Photo
Member Name: musicman117
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Which play should I see????
 Jun 1 2013, 09:33:51 PM
Hello!

I am going up to the city tomorrow to catch Comedy of Errors and am trying to decide on what to see in the afternoon. I do know that, although I love musicals, I have no desire to deal with rushing for any of the musicals.

So, which play should I see?

Which one do you guys prefer?

Any insight would be helpful

Mother/Son Duets?
 Apr 23 2013, 01:10:20 AM
Act 2 of john&jen has a few... (Little League, Talk Show, Graduation, Every Goodbye is Hello)

Others I can think of:
There is a Santa Claus from Elf

Wow.....there really aren't that many..... Interesting

I will keep looking

Smash Uncancelled
 Mar 16 2013, 12:46:46 PM
They didn't really cancel Smash.... They're just moving it to New World Stages.
Actors replaced during previews
 Dec 12 2012, 07:41:56 PM
According to the documentary called Creating Ragtime (it was on PBS as part of Great Perfromances years ago), Your Daddy's Son was written after Audra was hired. They wanted to give her something to sing earlier in the show. So Lynn had the idea for the song and wrote the lyrics, gave them to Stephen who then wrote the melody.

The story continues to say that Stephen taught the song to Audra, she sang while he improvised an orchestration, and that is how Your Daddy's Son came to be.

Godspell may close on June 24!
 Jun 6 2012, 12:01:35 AM
...Hands on a Hardbody to play Circle in the Square?
Elf sheet music
 Nov 1 2011, 06:03:53 PM
Does anyone know where I can find the vocal score for Elf? Specifically the music for "There is a Santa Claus" and "World's Greatest Dad"

Thank you for your help with this

Cry-baby license
 Jun 17 2009, 02:20:52 PM
Does anyone know who controls the performance license for
cry-baby?

re: Ripley's out of Next to Normal tonight
 Jun 10 2009, 12:50:09 PM
...so apparently everyone on this board was there last night...

i was also there and i have to say that Jessica was AMAZING. i went with my sister-in-law, who is a psychology teacher, and she commented that, although everything in the show wasnt completely accurate, Jessica's performance was a very good representation of what someone with that disorder acts like.

I also want to comfirm that there were tears, the chemistry between Jessica and J. Robert was there and actually

re: 2009 Tony Awards Nominations Predictions
 May 4 2009, 01:36:45 PM
Might as well add my predictions to the list:

BEST PLAY
33 Variations
Dividing The Estate
God of Carnage
reasons to be pretty

BEST MUSICAL
9 to 5
Billy Elliot
Next to Normal
Shrek

BEST SPECIAL THEATRICAL EVENT
Slava's Snowshow
Liza's... At The Palace!
You're Welcome, America...

BEST REVIVAL OF A PLAY
Blithe Spirit
Mary Stuart
The Norman Conquests
Waiting For Go

re: Help Figuring Out Musical Name!
 Apr 28 2009, 01:12:56 PM
Ok... i think i can help

Musical: Moses' first wicked book
Moses' first book of the Bible was Genesis. Stephen Schwartz wrote wicked.... Children of Eden (the story of Adam and Eve and Noah from Genesis) with music by Stephen Schwartz

Play: Dunaway's female deer.
I'm thinking a french farce by Georges Feydeau. FAYE Dunaway and and doe (female deer). now, which one, i don't know...

hope this was helpful

re: Are The Producers Of BILLY ELLIOT Comping Every Tony Voter To See The S
 Apr 27 2009, 01:38:06 PM
This is exactly why i didn't like the idea of the boys being nominated as Best Leading Actor. If they wanted to acknowledge the boys, it should have been a special award. If the boys are indeed nominated (which is looking apparent) it would be nominating the role and not the actor, which, in my opinion, is wrong. The role can be commended in the best book and best score categories. Best Actor should be about the actor creating the role. If they are nominated jointly, it would be a publicity
re: Marquis Theatre Seats
 Apr 27 2009, 09:29:26 AM
Thank you very much! I have been waiting for this show for so long and didn't want to miss a thing!
Marquis Theatre Seats
 Apr 27 2009, 09:21:47 AM
Hi. I just bought a ticket for 9 to 5 and was wondering what the view was like from the front mezzanine. I am in Row A Seat 26. If anyone could give me an idea, that would be great.

Thanks in advance for your help.

re: Julia Roberts Says She Wants to Return to Broadway in Easier Role
 Feb 19 2009, 11:46:47 PM
... she could always play Roxie in Chicago like every other movie star....
re: Others roles you could see Lupone in...
 Jun 10 2008, 03:06:18 PM
Ms. LuPone + Roller skates = a must-see
re: You're A Good Man Charlie Brown Revival Question
 May 22 2007, 11:51:57 AM
robbiej - I loved it too!

sparrman-
Just because the song is about Beethoven doesn't mean it needs to sound like it was written by Beethoven. They do use a section of Beethoven's music within the song.

"Schroeder's personality may be narrowly defined, but trying to fill it out with a generic "blackness" is a lazy, artistically bankrupt, and racist decision. And I can't believe for a second that the song "just happened" to be a gospel song, with no forethought to the ethn

re: You're A Good Man Charlie Brown Revival Question
 May 22 2007, 10:27:12 AM
I hear what you're saying, but i don't agree.

I think the reason Beethoven Day waws written was because that show seriously needed a big up-beat production number. Sure The Book Report has up-beat moments to it (Lippa also revised this number) but You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown didn't have a peppy song. Personally, I can't imagine Schroeder singing a Classical style aria in that slot in the show. Besides, this song is a very good protrayal of an inner feeling. Schroeder is very

re: Fun Game- The cast Recording of your life
 May 11 2007, 12:11:03 PM
OPENING / Overature: Climb Every Mountain - The Sound of Music

WAKING UP:On The Terrace - Aspects of Love

FIRST DAY AT SCHOOL: Unworthy of Your Love - Assassins

FALLING IN LOVE: Dancing Through Life - Wicked

FIGHT SONG: I Waltz Alone - Grand Hotel

BREAKING UP: Drink With Me - Les Mis

PROM: Rag Doll - Jersey Boys

LIFE: No Place Like London - Sweeney Todd

MENTAL BREAKDOWN: But Not For Me - Crazy for You

DRIVING: Feeli

re: My long considered TONY PREDICTIONS for non tech awards; Fire away
 Apr 27 2007, 11:55:16 PM
Do any of you think that because Grey Gardens opened so long ago that people might forget about it. Not entirely, of course, Ebersole is a lock for AT LEAST a nomination. Plus, i have heard from many people that have seen it that the show is not great but the performances are amazing. I just re-read most of the reviews for the show and most of the praise was for Ebersole and Wilson.

I really wouldn't be surprised if the Best Musical nominees are Curtains, Legally Blonde, LoveMusik,

re: Worst Changes Made in an Amateur Production
 Apr 24 2007, 01:32:04 AM
I saw a production of FAME at a high school once and they thought it as inappropriate to have a gay character in the show. so they changed his monologue to say that he only had one testicle. (because that's SO much more appropriate...)

no lie... I couldn't make that kind of thing up.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You