News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for singtome8

Member Name: singtome8
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The Blue Flower
 Oct 25 2011, 07:55:43 PM
I haven't seen this show in New York yet, but I did see it in Boston last winter and I absolutely loved it. I left wanting to see it again, and I am beyond thrilled that it has come to New York with such a talented cast.

I do agree it is like a piece of modern art- which I think could be one of the most exciting concepts for theatre I've seen in a long time. I disagree that the made up language was unnecessary- Dada artists really did go to the extreme and not speak in a language, so

What are some good Musical Theatres.......
 Feb 15 2011, 10:44:48 PM
CAP 21.. it was a part of NYU until last year, and now has its own two year conservatory. It is very intense and time consuming- you get zero academics(which i think is important for an actor) but it is well worth your money.
Teal Wicks is Broadway's Next Elphaba; Kyle Dean Massey to Return as Fiyero
 Dec 25 2010, 11:59:39 AM
In response to saying that Teal hasn't worked since her run as Elphaba in SF- that's not true. She's working in a new musical at the A.R.T. called The Blue Flower right now. She was phenominal, and her voice sounded great. I don't know what technique(or lackthereof) she was using in Wicked, but her voice was absolutely lovely and her placement for the higher notes sounded spot on. Of course the material she was singing is not nearly as vocally demanding as Wicked, but let's hope she takes how
A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC'S Reopening Tonight
 Jul 19 2010, 12:28:16 AM
Ramona was in last night(7/17 8:00 show). We saw a few understudies for the ensemble, and the understudy for Carl Magnus. Whom I thought was absolutely hilarious for the record.
A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC'S Reopening Tonight
 Jul 18 2010, 12:17:24 PM
I saw it last night, and I have to say it is a completely different show from what I saw in January with CZJ and AL. I thought all of the supporting characters pulled in their strange, caricatures of what they had created to make truly honest, dynamic portrayals of Anne, Petra, and Henrik. The scene right before and going into Every Day A Little Death was truly heartbreaking- Erin Davie is phenominal.

Bernadette was, as everyone else has said, truly wonderful. This is the first ti

CAP 21 Summer Program?
 Feb 6 2010, 02:21:38 AM
Thanks guys! This really helps a lot. I just couldn't find any reviews or anything for it online, so hearing all of this positive feedback really reinforces my decision to go for training this summer. I am so excited!
CAP 21 Summer Program?
 Feb 4 2010, 12:00:15 AM
Hey all! I just got accepted into CAP 21s professional program for this summer and I'm soooo excited! I was just wondering if anyone has done it before, and if they have any reviews?
I'm just in a bit of a dilemma, because the deposit is due in two weeks, but I still have other applications I am mailing in (to the Williamstown Theatre Festival and the Berkshire Theatre Festival) and I still have a couple more interviews and auditions to go on.
I want to make the absolute right choice

So, I Saw A Little Night Music (a month and a half behind the world)
 Jan 10 2010, 08:25:19 PM
I saw it last night and I thought that, as an overall production, it was great. I had an issue at first with Ramona Mallory's strange physicality, but by the end I believed her because she kept it consistent all the way through. I just believed that Anne was a psychotic little girl. Catherine was gorgeous, and although sometimes I felt she was a little screechy(The Glamorous Life) she was splendid. I loved her Desiree, I thought that she had a strong character and although she was a bit hear
Summer Acting Workshops/Internships
 Dec 10 2009, 11:12:08 PM
Hey guys! So I am veryyy interested in doing some sort of acting workshop this summer or an internship of some kind. Does anyone know anywhere for college students(I am a sophomore Musical Theatre major) to do a grown up version of theater "camp" i guess? I am looking into things at NYU, but I would love to explore some other options. Thanks!
re: The 'A Little Night Music' ticket pricing scale.... (ugh)
 Sep 30 2009, 12:03:00 AM
How long are tickets usually on sale before discount codes are available? They go on sale on Wednesday, 9/30 correct?(Oh thats technically today isn't it..) and I was planning on getting tickets like.. now because I really want to see this, but will discount codes be out soon most likely?
re: VMA Side Story
 Aug 28 2009, 11:23:43 PM
They should've used Disney Channel stars. As much as I loathe them at least Demi Lovato can scream to Jesus...
re: Next to Normal rush lately
 Aug 16 2009, 09:37:34 PM
Sooo if I wanted to rush on a Tuesday what time would I have to be there? Is it less busy on a Tuesday than Saturday? I hope.
Nonequity at Equity auditions?
 Aug 14 2009, 10:33:03 PM
Hi all. I was just wondering if its worth it to go to an Equity open call with hopes of being seen? I know sometimes at the end they will see people who are nonequity-but does this happen often? I am going to be in the city for a week at the end of August and I saw that Wicked is having an open Equity call. I thought it would be.. "fun"(for lack of a better word) to try and audition, for the "experience," you know.
audition tapes?
 Aug 2 2009, 12:00:17 PM
Just a quick question- if we are sending in a tape to audition for something, what is the proper format for it? Do we just do as we would as though we were actually there, our name and what two songs we're singing?
re: Cheapest Tickets?
 Aug 25 2008, 10:50:12 PM
The only thing about rush is we aren't getting into the city until around 1(my friend has a doctor's appointment), so do you think student rush seats would still be available?
re: Cheapest Tickets?
 Aug 25 2008, 05:14:47 PM
ah thank you very much :) what time do box offices usually open?
Cheapest Tickets?
 Aug 25 2008, 04:56:44 PM
Hey everyone.. my friends and I decided to go to the city tomorrow as an end of summer adventure and we decided we need to see a show. What are the cheapest tickets we can get at TKTS? We're poor college kids but we all want to see something really badly so I just want to know if its possible for us :) Thanks!
re: Idina Menzel, 4/3- Pittsfield
 Apr 3 2008, 11:27:07 PM
She sang that whole No Day But Today deal, and part of Without You. She told us that she had just thought of it this morning, and the band learned it that afternoon. She was glad we liked it because she wants to keep it in for the rest of the shows.

OH! Andd I was sitting a few seats away from her dad haha, which was pretty cool.

Idina Menzel, 4/3- Pittsfield
 Apr 3 2008, 11:16:54 PM
So I just got home from her concert tonight at the Barrington Stage, Orch. Row F seats which were awesome. And pretty much she was simply amazing. I actually am not that fond of her CD, but I wanted to see her anyway and I'm really glad I went because hearing her sing the songs live made them so much better.

She came out(wearing a really ugly outfit but thats okay) and sang three songs then chatted with audience for awhile. It was a really interactive show, she told a lot of stories

re: Bye Bye Birdie
 Mar 23 2008, 08:59:59 PM
When I was at my Tisch audition last month they were holding auditions for Bye Bye Birdie in the room next to us... not very helpful sorry haha. But they had some great singers.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You